Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Re: Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Postby Soshi Bantu on Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:05 am

"That would indeed prove unfortunate, we have no desire to make things more difficult. I imagine it is a tightrope to walk for your...candidates, to make selections without causing undue offense to those not chosen. One can only hope that if any attendees are deemed unsuitable that they would not take it personally and hold any grudges for their failings."
Scorpion Clan * Duelist * Bushi * Smart Cookie * Dancer *
Honor: Untrustworthy * Glory: 1.0 * Status: 2.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Daisho, Smoking pipe, Go set, Mask, Yumi
Description
Soshi Bantu

Postby Doji Ameka on Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:15 am

Moto Butaj wrote:"Oooh." Butaj takes a Pony-on-Stick and makes it twirl by rolling the stick. "It is so pretty Butaj is reluctant to bite it! Doji Ameka makes very cute things!"

She giggles behind her fan. "Thank you. Someday I will make a very detailed one, but I don't have much practice with unicorns yet." Her pronunciation of the foreign animal's name is slightly odd, but she tries her best. "Still, it's made to be eaten, ne?"
Crane Clan | Artisan | Bad Health | Confectioner

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 4

Equipment: Wakizashi, fan, candy sculptures, parasol, beautiful clothing
Doji Ameka

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:35 am

"A unicorn is a graceful horse with a horn, so maybe Doji Ameka just needs more practice with horses? Maybe you'd like to see Butaj's steed Huludai from up close, or during a ride. Huludai will surely recognise how nice Doji Ameka is and will allow it." Butaj smirks while taking a lick of the equine confectionery.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Iuchi Batul on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:31 am

Soshi Yuuru wrote:"I'm glad you enjoy it. Nature holds much beauty and majesty. I'd love to be able to see as much as I can, even if it's up here in your lands."

He smiled, "What are your interests lovely Batul-san? How do you spend your time not directly related to fulfilling your duties?"

There was a mischievous smile that appeared on Batul when she was asked, her eyes glinted with a special sparkle. "I am a briestess, but I also like to deal with the merchants, though I have not been allowed much yet. And I also like blaying dice." She added as she revealed a dice set from her bag. "My gembukku is recent, so I have yet to be assigned brober duty for clan."
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14
Honor: Expected| Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship: -1

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

"If the wind blows, ride it."
Iuchi Batul

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:35 am

Seppun Hitako wrote:"Well, I wouldn't have a lot of choice then, would I? I suppose I could hope for a good marriage contract, with my children trained as Seppun, but that is something the future will have to decide."

"I would say your choice is based on who you can influence; even the Unicorn understand the importance of an Imperial marriage I'm sure" Hideo smiled "you may have a little competiton, looking at the gathered women here, but I'm confident in your talents to secure a meaningful and worthwhile marriage. Depending what the hosts prepare for us in the days to come of course."
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Seppun Hitako on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:41 am

"Always depending on that, of course. Always depending on that. Any ideas what they might have in mind? I doubt much it will be normal things as might be seen, like cooking contests for the women, or how to direct servants, or the like. Horsemanship for the men, or for all, perhaps?"
Seppun Hitako
Imperial • Shugenja • Sahir • Friendly Jinn
Honor: What is expected • Glory: 1 • Status: 1.5 • Courtship: 9
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:42 am

Soshi Bantu wrote:"That would indeed prove unfortunate, we have no desire to make things more difficult. I imagine it is a tightrope to walk for your...candidates, to make selections without causing undue offense to those not chosen. One can only hope that if any attendees are deemed unsuitable that they would not take it personally and hold any grudges for their failings."

"Not just that, but not causing the widening of any existing rifts with those choices. But I suppose that is part of the reason this miai is a process, rather than a one day thing, neh? I just hope it is enough time for everyone to make an educated decision, at the end."
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:47 am

Seppun Hitako wrote:"Always depending on that, of course. Always depending on that. Any ideas what they might have in mind? I doubt much it will be normal things as might be seen, like cooking contests for the women, or how to direct servants, or the like. Horsemanship for the men, or for all, perhaps?"

"Perhaps the other way around; the men cook and the women ride?" Hideo chuckled "I hear the main art here is one of storytelling, so expect that to feature. Horsemanship also, and some measure of combat. Managing homes perhaps?"
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Seppun Hitako on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:05 am

"Hmm, considering they have been nomads so long, perhaps the best way to fold a tent? Or, uh, some sort of animal husbandry? You are probably right about weapons being involved. I should probably practice something there. Just haven't had time to do that, with all the mental work I do."
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:17 am

Seppun Hitako wrote:"Hmm, considering they have been nomads so long, perhaps the best way to fold a tent? Or, uh, some sort of animal husbandry? You are probably right about weapons being involved. I should probably practice something there. Just haven't had time to do that, with all the mental work I do."

"I cannot say I have ever used a weapon, so I will have to excel at other parts. Animals...the cat in the Seppun temples didn't dislike me? Maybe I can perform well at that junction" Hideo sighed gently "I'm not sure if I'm excited or slightly frustrated at the unknown we walk into dear cousin."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Seppun Hitako on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:33 am

"A little of both? We are looking to knowledge no other Seppun has ever seen, that I know of. At least, nothing since the Dawn of the Empire. We are performing our duties, just by being here. I think that is all we can say at this point."
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:57 am

Hideo shook his head.

"I guess your time with the Jade office has given you more of a sense of patience than I. I would wish to see the events ahead of time to know what to expect...although I can rest easy knowing I am not alone in this blindness."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Seppun Hitako on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:05 am

"I don't think it would give much away to tell you that my first assignment with the Jade schooling was to write out my name identically 500 times. Until I could do that, each the same as best as an examiner could determine, I could do no further learning. With that as but the first step, patience was a requirement."
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Togashi Udo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:47 am

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:"The tattoos and the Clans are coincidental then?" Yue asked for more clarification. She looked back at the tattoos. It's a shame they don't have more choice. Or perhaps he does not care. What a strange custom if all of his Clan do so.

"How many tattoos are there?" she asked out of curiosity.

"Coincidental to me, perhaps not to others. There are many tattoos; some are more common than others. I doubt anyone knows all of the ones people have gotten."
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:36 am

Seppun Hitako wrote:"I don't think it would give much away to tell you that my first assignment with the Jade schooling was to write out my name identically 500 times. Until I could do that, each the same as best as an examiner could determine, I could do no further learning. With that as but the first step, patience was a requirement."

A blink.

"Five hundred times? Fortunes...it sounds horrible. You have my sympathy for the pain that must have left your wrists in. I certainly do not have the patience for that!" he laughed
Seppun Hideo

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center