(D1 LE) Much-Needed Space

Re: (D1 LE) Much-Needed Space

Postby Soshi Bantu on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:53 am

"A choice of weapons that speaks much about the wielder. In my studies of the Crab, who also wield such large weapons, they are very hard to control with two..." his eyes widen slightly and he rephrases his next words hastily.

"...with two feet on the ground let alone when one is mounted."
Scorpion Clan * Duelist * Bushi * Smart Cookie * Dancer *
Honor: Untrustworthy * Glory: 1.0 * Status: 2.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Daisho, Smoking pipe, Go set, Mask, Yumi
Description
Soshi Bantu

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:07 am

The Unicorn made no sign of noticing what he had meant. She was, for now, taking his words at face value. After all, she was still struggling with the amount of strange food she had eaten earlier. "The Moto are known for their usage of such weapons, much like the Crab. Their technique focuses on using such weapons with one hand and keeping the reins in the other. Such skill transfers to standing on two feet, Bantu-dono."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Bantu on Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:56 pm

"Fascinating," he replied honestly at Liu Yue's explanation of their technique. "I imagine that the Crab would be most interested in comparing notes on approaches and methods. Do you know if there is a planned demonstration of such mastery as you speak of?"
Description
Soshi Bantu

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:08 pm

Yue felt her stomach want to heave, her eyes widening for a bit, her mouth quivering behind the fan. "Many of the Moto favor the scimitar," she said, after recovering. Her lips turned to a smile, a moot point given the fan. "The tetsubo suits my height, Bantu-dono. As for your question, I do not know."

She paused. "I have not met a Crab yet," she stated. It was an awkward phrase, perhaps, but without a better grasp on Rokugani it was all she managed.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Bantu on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:14 pm

"The Crab are those whose duty is to protect us from the forces of the Ninth along our Southern border, I think I may have spotted one at the dinner earlier."

"How much of our lands and people do your Clan know? I imagine much has changed since the days of your departure."
Description
Soshi Bantu

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:04 am

The Unicorn stood there and thought on the question. There was a certain way to phrase things that she could not find in Rokugani. "My Clan is learning everyday," she finally admitted, her eyes lowering even further. "I imagine the Unicorn have changed from the records, Bantu-dono."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Bantu on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:49 am

"After the centuries that you have been away, I would expect so, and in more than just name, although I imagine that in itself is a worthy tale. There have been changes here as well, it seems we will all need to learn from each other."
Description
Soshi Bantu

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:03 am

"That is the goal of the miai," Yue replied. She folded her fan and pressed it against her chin as she thought on the matter. "I have heard interesting information regarding your Clan, Bantu-dono. Are you a priest? I was told that the Soshi serve that function for the Scorpion. However, I met another that did not fit that description."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Bantu on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:57 am

"I am not, much to the disappointment of my parents. The kami are fickle beings and bestow or withhold their gifts as they see fit, and I was not fortunate enough to draw their favour. So instead I serve with my blade trained in the primary bushi school of my Clan's founder."
Description
Soshi Bantu

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:06 am

"Sou desu ka." Yue stood there, unsure if she was supposed to apologize or not on the matter. "Your Clan's founder is Bayushi," she said as a reminder for herself. "The leaders of your Clan." She wondered if she sounded dull in the head. "What technique does this school favor? The katana?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Bantu on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:31 pm

"Hai, primarily. We are one of the few schools in the Empire that mandates iaijutsu as part of our core curriculum. Although students are encouraged to also train in an additional weapon, for which I chose the equally traditional yumi. I have seen some heavier blades being carried around by some of your kin, are they something you have adopted from your travels?"
Description
Soshi Bantu

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:38 pm

"The scimitar?" she asked, in regards to the question on swords. "That sword was adopted on our travels, Bantu-dono. Many of my school favor it. As for me, I do not have one." She looked down to her daisho and back to him. "These are the only swords I have."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Bantu on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:17 pm

"The curve of the blade is a very different style to the ones we use here. Much like the comparison between the Clans of Rokugan and the returning children of Shinjo. I wonder how well its unusual shape and extra weight would mesh with our techniques and movements."

Rubbing his neck from looking up at the taller Unicorn, Bantu decides to try and engage the woman's thoughts about the gathering.

"I realize there is not much to go on yet, but how do you think things have gone so far with the miai? I saw a number of samurai taken ill from the dinner, but most seemed willing to at least try the unfamiliar food combinations."
Description
Soshi Bantu

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:23 pm

As if almost on cue, Yue contained the need to vomit due to the food. "Hai. It would appear many require time to," she paused, trying to find the words as she maintained her constitution, "Acclimate to the food." She lifted her fan higher, hoping to conceal her urges more. "I have not been here long enough to form an opinion, Bantu-dono. There is much for me to experience. I am sure the feeling is mutual."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Previous

Return to The Dueling Fields