Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Re: Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Postby Soshi Bantu on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:03 pm

Iuchi Yukarin wrote:"Mmmm, hai; The ways of Ide mainly teach such things, how to interact with others in a constructive manner. It was mainly used on the Journey to negotiate with the wild tribes in the Sands... I suppose much like the Unicorn finding our place we will need to see if the teachings we have kept from our ancestors are still what we need to thrive in these times."

"We all must maintain our heritage, but yet not be too stagnant and stand in place watching the world pass us by. Everyone has a lesson to teach, so hold on to what you have learned and expand your horizon with new wisdom. I imagine your people are possessed of a unique outlook, from adapting their original way of life before leaving on your journey and finding a way to survive and return home. I am sure that this minor adjustment to your way of life will prove simple in comparison."
Scorpion Clan * Duelist * Bushi * Smart Cookie * Dancer *
Honor: Untrustworthy * Glory: 1.0 * Status: 2.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Daisho, Smoking pipe, Go set, Mask, Yumi
Description
Soshi Bantu

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:14 pm

Shimizu Ryori wrote:
"I am not priest, bard, or tactician though the lion has brought members of some of those with us. I know he was the 4th champion, and served between the reigns of Sasumagi and Hatsuo"

Fukawa dipped her head apologetically.

"My apologies, Shimizu-san. It was not my intention to make an unreasonable request of you." she offers sincerely. "Sometimes one can be surprised to find skill where none was expected."
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Iuchi Batul on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:17 pm

Soshi Yuuru wrote:"They are quite unique. Open, unhindered, beautiful. Much like some of their new occupants." He smiled handsomely.

"I'm something of a cartographer and explorer, so getting to see all this is quite exciting for me. My normal domain is the Shinomen forest, so this is quite the change of pace."

"Well, I thought it was Lion lands before, so they have left some things behind. My clan will decide if to keeb them or make them more of our style." She added as she recalled his mention of the unhindered lands. "Though I have found some bretty things in the Embire as well." She continued as she curled a lock of hair around her finger and then let it fall over her shoulder.

"Yuuru-san should stick around the Unicorn clan if he is cartografer. They can travel together and learn of the lands here." She made a small pause before adding. "And Batul-san could be habby to see him more often."
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14
Honor: Expected| Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship: -1

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

"If the wind blows, ride it."
Iuchi Batul

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:22 pm

Yuzuki wrote:
"A little. But this is my first trip across the sea since my Gempukku."

"So where as Yuzuki-san been then?" Dong-Ha asked, curious.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Yuzuki on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:28 pm

"Oh mostly along the coastline, if you don't include the trip here. Couple of trips to Clear Water Village when I was younger."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:32 pm

Yogo Yuichi wrote:Now, that question did genuinely surprised Yuichi. '' Hmm, I'm not familiar with the concept of meisho...meishodo? You said that your shugenja cast spells with special nemuranai?''

a pause.

'' If what you said it's true, then perhaps Unicorn magic works similar to Asahina's fetishes.'' He wondered. '' How do you manage to make the kami respond to your prayers and enter these magical amulets? '' He asked to her. Perhaps she knows something about it, even if she is not a shugenja.

Shinjo Liu Yue had to pause for a moment to collect her thoughts. This was a topic she knew very little about. "Kamis responding to our prayers?" She took another moment to contemplate on the matter. "I do not believe the kami are involved in the process. The amulets call upon the elements instead, from what I remember." She gave the Yogo a deep bow. "Gomennasai. Someone else should know more on the topic."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Otomo Tenzo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:41 pm

(Late to the party but better late than never!)

Otomo Tenzo nodded his head as he listened to the governor's introduction and welcome to the village, and when it was completed there was much for the young Imperial to think about. Just as these were strangers in a land they once called home long ago, he too was a stranger to them - perhaps even stranger and more distant still than than those of the Clans - and it would take time for them to be integrated into the ways of the Empire. As he looked around at those gathered at the administrative center, he noted to himself all of the mons that he could see, including those among the Unicorn samurai that were not so familiar to him - quite the mix, he noted to himself. When the Ide's speech concluded, he stood off to the side of the center for a time, puffing on a finely-crafted kiseru as he took in the sights and sounds of the village.

(PM if approached!)
Imperial | Seiyaku | Archivist | Wealthy | Blessed | Fortunate... or not so much?
Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 2.5 | Courtship Points: 8

Carries: personal chop, chopsticks, kiseru, sake cup, fan, and pleeeenty of paper

Description!
Otomo Tenzo

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:00 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo lifts her fan for a moment as she blushes. "I attended the dojo of our Matsu beastmasters. Later, you may meet my Warcat, Noburu, if you like. She usually accompanies me, but I suspected this gathering would not be to her liking. So she is enjoying her afternoon nap. We have spent a great deal of time together, her and I, and she is my partner in combat. Fierce, swift and committed. I hope to one day train with more of her kind and be honored to fight alongside them."

"Oh, a warcat?!" Tomoe's fan hid some of her excitement. "How fascinating that you brought such a magnificent creature here... surely, it's bound to draw some eyes, you know. I wonder if the Unicorn have even seen such in their travels... oh Kami, I'd love to meet her if I can. It's probably a silly question, but do such proud cats like being petted?"
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Asako Hirase on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:05 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:Chi-Pu shifts in her saddle, the leather squeaking a little.

"And I am glad to have that thunder behind us."

Chi-Pu turns back to the Phoenix.

"Tell us, Asako-san, how do the Phoenix engage their enemies?"

"Often, we try not to." He glanced sidelong at Khulun, expecting a very negative response. "My Clan is considered the most peaceful of all those in the Empire. Still, we are samurai. When war comes, we do not stand down. We boast a rather larger number of shugenja than most Clans enjoy and we send them to war. There are what is known as the Elemental Guard, units organized by element and assigned to the different Shiba legions. The Shiba themselves are, of course, strong warriors, but those in such mixed cohorts have learned over the centuries how best to synergize with the casters they protect. It makes for a rather devastating offensive."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:12 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo lifts her fan for a moment as she blushes. "I attended the dojo of our Matsu beastmasters. Later, you may meet my Warcat, Noburu, if you like. She usually accompanies me, but I suspected this gathering would not be to her liking. So she is enjoying her afternoon nap. We have spent a great deal of time together, her and I, and she is my partner in combat. Fierce, swift and committed. I hope to one day train with more of her kind and be honored to fight alongside them."

"Oh, a warcat?!" Tomoe's fan hid some of her excitement. "How fascinating that you brought such a magnificent creature here... surely, it's bound to draw some eyes, you know. I wonder if the Unicorn have even seen such in their travels... oh Kami, I'd love to meet her if I can. It's probably a silly question, but do such proud cats like being petted?"

Kogo raised her fan and smiled as well. "I am sure she will, she is a magnificent creature. I hope I can speak to some of the Unicorn about them and the other creatures they may have seen." Kogo's eyes brighten above her fan and it slips a bit. "Of course you can. She does love being petted, but she must be introduced properly to others, like any proper Rokugani maiden. After that, she is often friendly, though occasionally mischevious. "
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:14 pm

Yuzuki wrote:"Oh mostly along the coastline, if you don't include the trip here. Couple of trips to Clear Water Village when I was younger."

"Where's that?" he had never heard of Clear Water Village. "And how is it?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:14 pm

Asako Hirase wrote:"Often, we try not to." He glanced sidelong at Khulun, expecting a very negative response. "My Clan is considered the most peaceful of all those in the Empire. Still, we are samurai. When war comes, we do not stand down. We boast a rather larger number of shugenja than most Clans enjoy and we send them to war. There are what is known as the Elemental Guard, units organized by element and assigned to the different Shiba legions. The Shiba themselves are, of course, strong warriors, but those in such mixed cohorts have learned over the centuries how best to synergize with the casters they protect. It makes for a rather devastating offensive."

“So you rely on your sorcerers to do all the work?” she replied.

“When was the last time the Phoenix marched to war!”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:20 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo raised her fan and smiled as well. "I am sure she will, she is a magnificent creature. I hope I can speak to some of the Unicorn about them and the other creatures they may have seen." Kogo's eyes brighten above her fan and it slips a bit. "Of course you can. She does love being petted, but she must be introduced properly to others, like any proper Rokugani maiden. After that, she is often friendly, though occasionally mischevious. "

"Of course, of course," the Hare nodded happily. "I have my own companion as well, Ganko-chan... she is the epitome of a stoicism. But she's a tortoise, so I'm sure it comes naturally to her. Still, that is very little in comparison to one of the Lion warcats. I've read about them in documents detailing different sort of tactical units used in different wars... never thought I'd get the chance to see one."

Looking around, she saw that there were still many other people mingling about. "Gosh, hope I'm not hogging you all to myself when you're probably here to find a handsome Unicorn husband! I think a got a little carried away."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Yuzuki on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:26 pm

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:
Yuzuki wrote:"Oh mostly along the coastline, if you don't include the trip here. Couple of trips to Clear Water Village when I was younger."

"Where's that?" he had never heard of Clear Water Village. "And how is it?"

"It's a Crab port. I think it's actually one of the oldest cities in the empire. Also one of the largest? It's on Earthquake Fish bay. Lot of trade. We usually went during the great fairs held by the Yasuki."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Asako Hirase on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:40 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:“So you rely on your sorcerers to do all the work?” she replied.

“When was the last time the Phoenix marched to war!”

Unruffled, Hirase nodded. "They are excellent at it. Would you use a dagger, no matter how well made, when a sword is at your disposal?" Looking thoughtful, he, considered the histories. "We marched with the rest of the Empire against the Naga in recent times. We fought to reclaim my Family's ancestral home. We aided in the reclaiming of Shiro Hiruma. We were part of the war against the Bloodspeakers forces. But, Clan on Clan? That would be...the Lion. Three years."

**Edit to talk about the right war**
Last edited by Asako Hirase on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center