Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Re: Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:46 am

Moto Khulun wrote:“Damn right, but we are always honored to have the Otaku join our charges,” she adds warmly.

"Join you? Don't you mean when the Moto FOLLOW us?"

Chi-Pu smirks at the woman playfully.
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:47 am

That brought a dark chuckle and she replies, “Well when the Otaku get all excited we let you go first to get it out of your system. You’re the lightning before the thunder!”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:50 am

Shimizu Ryori wrote:

"And have you met anyone interesting Doji sama?"

"Hmmm, well while the day is young yet, Shimizu-san, I would have to say that the two of you make for a pretty memorable pair." she replies.
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:54 am

Usagi Tomoe wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:"Did not Akodo write in Leadership, 'Diversity is a great strength that allows a commander to use his forces in any way that circumstance demands.'? There is value in many different ways of thinking. My Matsu family has long been known for their sharp tempers and their harsh words, but I find that channeling my anger to other purposes gives me strength."

Kogo looks over at Bayushi-san. "Well, to be fair, he would probably disparage my telling. But he was an asset at court as I learned my way around. He has a way with words and with a look, that I cannot manage. My mother said that the best way to learn my way through court was to watch how others did things and then find my own way. "

"See?" she looked at Suteichi for a moment. "Modesty doesn't become Bayushi-sama. Teaching another samurai the intricacies of court is an important thing, after all... especially since it seems it earned you a rather nice friend, neh?"

"Your mother is very wise to say that, but that applies to many things and not just court. Learning through observing is crucial before we learn by doing. Can't you imagine all the mishaps we'd have in the dojo if we were to learn swinging katanas without observing our sensei first?"

"I very much agree Usagi- san. Rushing into things can be a grave mistake. It is only with discipline and patience that we can honor our sensei's teachings."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:56 am

Moto Khulun wrote:That brought a dark chuckle and she replies, “Well when the Otaku get all excited we let you go first to get it out of your system. You’re the lightning before the thunder!”

Chi-Pu shifts in her saddle, the leather squeaking a little.

"And I am glad to have that thunder behind us."

Chi-Pu turns back to the Phoenix.

"Tell us, Asako-san, how do the Phoenix engage their enemies?"
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:59 am

Bayushi Hotaru wrote:Hotaru seemed to take on a hurt expression with her masked eye narrowing on Amaya. "You're probably just using an example, I know for sure that I'm far less of a stranger compared to the gaijin you found there, Ide-san. We come from the same place and our Clans found our beginnings from the same Kami that graced this land. In fact, I think we have far more in common with each other actually. I would never do something so foolish to raise a weapon against you. Talk about making the wrong impression. "

She smiled at the Ide again, "Actually, I'd like to think the bridges are already there, especially now that we're speaking face to face. If anything this miai would probably serve to reinforce those bridges so that others can speak so easily as we do now. I don't know if you know much about my family but the Bayushi are known for crossing rivers themselves when it comes to diplomacy."

"Yes, yes, an example of course," she clutched at the proffered escape from her social misstep. The young woman was making her feel flustered and she silently lamented, why must people be so complicated? I get along so well with animals, I seem to understand them so much better, and they seem to like me.

Amaya chuckled nervously, "I must admit how little I know of your family, but I do seem to recall something about the scorpion predaliction for water."
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:03 am

Doji Fukawa wrote:
Shimizu Ryori wrote:

"And have you met anyone interesting Doji sama?"

"Hmmm, well while the day is young yet, Shimizu-san, I would have to say that the two of you make for a pretty memorable pair." she replies.

"I would say you flatter us Doji sama but not all memories are positive ones"

Shimizu Ryori | Lion Clan | Bushi | Beastmaster | Touched By Chikishudo

+ Honor Expected - Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Courtship Points : 2 +

Court: Wakizashi, Nice Kimono
Field: Armor, Sturdy Clothes, Daisho, Yumi + Quiver, Traveling Pack
Pack: Spare Rations, Canteen, Rope, Net, Blanket
Both: Bag of Sweets, Matsu Kyra - (Warcat)

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:04 am

Soshi Bantu wrote:"Will Iuchi-san get an opportunity to see more of the Empire?" Bantu asks in an interested voice. "Or do those of the Ide schooling normally serve close to home?"

Yukarin tittered a little at the question, "Mmm... well, I don't think I know quite yet, Soshi-sama; It was a moot question while we were traveling, so I suppose everyone will need to find their place and their purpose now that we are settling down. I take it that will include positions that will allow me the opportunity one way or another."
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Bantu on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:14 am

Bantu nods along with Yukarin's points.

"I imagine that the leadership of your Clan will have much to consider over coming months and such matters will surely be among them." Blushing sheepishly, thankfully most of his cheeks hidden by his mask, Bantu poses another question.

"Forgive my curiosity but what field exactly does schooling with the Ide prepare one for? You say you're no priest, and carry no obvious weapons of war. Might one assume you are trained in the finer courtly arts?"
Scorpion Clan * Duelist * Bushi * Smart Cookie * Dancer *
Honor: Untrustworthy * Glory: 1.0 * Status: 2.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Daisho, Smoking pipe, Go set, Mask, Yumi
Description
Soshi Bantu

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:45 am

"Mmmm, hai; The ways of Ide mainly teach such things, how to interact with others in a constructive manner. It was mainly used on the Journey to negotiate with the wild tribes in the Sands... I suppose much like the Unicorn finding our place we will need to see if the teachings we have kept from our ancestors are still what we need to thrive in these times."
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Doji Ameka on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:47 am

Moto Butaj wrote:Butaj yawns and looks around. The speech has sounded out, people are talking, and no-one is paying attention to Butaj! Butaj twitches, then tosses of topshur from his back and starts playing and singing in celebration of the Unicorn's return!

(Song!)

Day 1 - EA - Topshur Playing! - Ag/Sensation.: 5d10o10k4 30
Day 1 - EA - And Singing! - Awa/Sensation, Voice: 5d10o10k4 13

But while the music travels well, the voice dies in the conversations and words are lost.

Far be it for an artist not to look into it when some interesting and skillfully played music was floating through the air. The tune was distant, but Ameka followed her ears to find a barba- One of the Unicorn. They were Unicorn, and officially Rokugani no matter how much hair and fur was everywhere. She smiles and listens politely once she finds the player of the music.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Bad Health | Confectioner

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 4

Equipment: Wakizashi, fan, candy sculptures, parasol, beautiful clothing
Doji Ameka

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:51 am

Shimizu Ryori wrote:
"I would say you flatter us Doji sama but not all memories are positive ones"

She offers a small dip of her fan.

"Well, I would not wish to be known as a flatterer, Shimizu-san." she returns. "But while I've met many samurai attended by four-legged companions, I've seen none so sleek and graceful as your sister. Does she come from a large family?"
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:59 am

A lean and relatively tall Lion, clad in a respectable but plain copper-colored kimono, nods in appreciation at the mention of Bushido. Glancing around, he sees other non-Unicorn who seem to have noticed the Ide's word choice as well.

Once the speech concludes, Takashi tries to add notes to a piece of parchment in as unobtrusive a way as possible. His writing quality is no doubt limited by having to use his off hand as a table.

(OOC: please PM if you'd care to chat.)
Lion Clan * Bushi/Courtier * Sensational * The jolliest Kitsu
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: As expected | Courtship points: 4
Always carries: Daisho, unremarkable clothing, and some writing supplies (calligraphy set if planning ahead, but always a bit of charcoal and parchment).
Kitsu Takashi

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:00 am

He nods "there were three in her litter, she is the most well behaved of them though. " he grins "she is actually a bit of asweetheart to tell the truth, except in the mornings" he scratches Kyra's ear " but she can be quite deadly when needs be"

Shimizu Ryori | Lion Clan | Bushi | Beastmaster | Touched By Chikishudo

+ Honor Expected - Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Courtship Points : 2 +

Court: Wakizashi, Nice Kimono
Field: Armor, Sturdy Clothes, Daisho, Yumi + Quiver, Traveling Pack
Pack: Spare Rations, Canteen, Rope, Net, Blanket
Both: Bag of Sweets, Matsu Kyra - (Warcat)

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Ide Samai on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:54 am

Matsu Yurio wrote:"I do not have the poetic words of an Ikoma, but in Winter there will be a coating of snow. How deep? Well that will be Inari-no-kami's whim. The trees will be bare, leaves long gone. The birds will be different. Some will have stayed, some left, others arrived to replace them. I have always had a sense of waiting in Winter. Waiting for the snows to melt and the growth of spring to begin."

And the season of War to arrive.

"Bare trees... that will take some getting used to. Even seeing trees can be a rare occurance when one spends their time among the Burning Sands." She smiled wistfully as she mulled it over. "Waiting... I can certainly see that. What do you do during winter Matsu-san?"
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center