Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Re: Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Postby Doji Fukawa on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:56 pm

If there was any surprise from seeing the non-human Lion bow, the Crane's fan caught it well.

"They have been kind enough so far." she replies. "And Ide-sama's speech was quite good, was it not?"
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Soshi Bantu on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:58 pm

Iuchi Yukarin wrote:Yukarin was also looking for an entry point into unknown waters; She certainly did not expect one to walk up to her though.

Giving a blink before smiling brightly she gave the most practiced bow she could, which was pretty good for all its lack of use, "Iuchi Yukarin, student of the Ide school. I can certainly spare some time..."

Yukarin tilted her head a little, "And a curious coincidence as well; Two children of priestly families who do not deal with the kami coming across one another like this."

Glancing down to spy her lack of martial tools, Bantu nodded his agreement. He wasn't positive of her profession before, but now she had confirmed it he did find it a little coincidental. Perhaps I shall consult the coins about it later he mused to himself.

"Well Iuchi-san, it seems a very broad selection of the youth of the clans of Rokugan have turned out to welcome you and your kin home, I can only hope that some of us prove worthy of consideration in the task of reacquainting the wandering sons and daughters of Shinjo with their homeland."
Scorpion Clan * Duelist * Bushi * Smart Cookie * Dancer *
Honor: Untrustworthy * Glory: 1.0 * Status: 2.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Daisho, Smoking pipe, Go set, Mask, Yumi
Description
Soshi Bantu

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:03 pm

Bayushi Suteichi wrote:"A question for the philosophers. A librarian?! So then you are familiar with some great works. I am rather partial to the works of Bayushi Sasuke and more recently, Asako Chidori no Miya. Perhaps you are familiar with their fictional tales?"

I shouldn't be surprised a perfumed flower of the courts reads such frivolous works, heh. Not that she was one to judge. She enjoyed her bouts of fictional entertainment occassionally too.

"I am familiar with her works, yes. Eagerly anticipating the next work, though I heard some events in the lands of the Sparrow destroyed all her progress on the next installement," Tomoe sighed wistfully. "I admit I have a preference for more scholarly works, but simple pillowbooks are a pleasant distraction for the mind."

"A librarian sounds a bit too fanciful of a title when the Hare don't yet have much of a library. But it's my hope one day we will one day have a respectful library there... I do what I can to compile the history of our young clan."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Ide Amaya on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:05 pm

At the edge of the crowd, large eyes barely peeping over the edge of her fan, a diminutive girl in Unicorn colours watched the crowd. The bodies of samurai were like a forest, tall and burly trees trunks mingled with willowy bamboo and, here and there, were the saplings of others small as herself.

Jealously she watched the cats, monkeys, even a lemur, that accompanied a number of samurai. You are a woman now, she chided herself, and too old for such childish fancies; but she couldn't help but feel envious.

Once the announcements were done, she shrank back a little, people watching. Amaya fluttered her fan slightly and quickly averted her eyes when anyone came too close.

((Due to time zone differences, please PM if you speak to Amaya, I will endeavour to respond promptly))
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:06 pm

Doji Fukawa wrote:If there was any surprise from seeing the non-human Lion bow, the Crane's fan caught it well.

"They have been kind enough so far." she replies. "And Ide-sama's speech was quite good, was it not?"

"Hai, it seemed quite practiced and well rehearsed, and well written, very eloquent, my mother would give it high marks." he nods " I ran into some of thier Bushi on the road and they seemed very upstanding, and thier horses quite magnificent. I think we have much we can learn here even if some of them are a little... Off putting."

Shimizu Ryori | Lion Clan | Bushi | Beastmaster | Touched By Chikishudo

+ Honor Expected - Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Courtship Points : 2 +

Court: Wakizashi, Nice Kimono
Field: Armor, Sturdy Clothes, Daisho, Yumi + Quiver, Traveling Pack
Pack: Spare Rations, Canteen, Rope, Net, Blanket
Both: Bag of Sweets, Matsu Kyra - (Warcat)

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Doji Fukawa on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:11 pm

Fukawa waved her perfumed fan gently in front of her face. Offputting indeed.

Fukawa nodded.

"It is well that they have held honor so close to their hearts all these years away from the Empire." she adds. "There will likely be misunderstandings from their not having been around as the civilization of the Empire matured, but being of an honorable nature will surely help overcome that."
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:12 pm

Suteichi maintained a stoic look as she spoke. He took his time before replying.

"You do a fine work Usagi-san. Compiling history. Truly a noble work."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:16 pm

Asako Hirase wrote:Treading delicately into something that he was deeply curious about but which might have fraught stories behind it, Hirase stepped closer so that he could keep his tone low.

"The Moto...that Family was not on the rolls we have from when the Ki-Rin followed Shinjo-no-Kami from the Empire. Were they, then, some of those you met?"

Khulun heard Moto and that brought more words to her ears and she yawned and stretched and then interjected herself into the conversation without preamble, “And who is this piss-ass?”

She clears her throat and spits and says tersely, “When you speak of the Moto, you speak of my kin. Your mouth seems far too pretty to punch if you meant insult. Well maybe not that pretty.”

She glares and says, “Moto can die, but cannot yield. Speak carefully when you refer to my family… Bird-san.”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:21 pm

Tsukimi was there, umbrella to ward off the harsh sun's rays and smoking pipe in place.
She was pleased with what she heard from the Unicorn general, and the hare looked forward to learning more about the people and their ways during her stay. She looked around for anyone interesting to converse with.

[Please fpm if approaching!]
Last edited by Usagi Tsukimi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bushi | Wary | Dancer | Tailor
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Equipment: Ashigaru armor, smoking pipe, sake cup
Accompanied by: Nagareboshi-san, a young sheep (D9)
Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:22 pm

He glanced toward the raised voice of the Moto woman "Yes I am sure thier honor will easily smooth over any misundrrstandings" he touched his side and Kyrie moved closer "Doji sama, I take it you are here for the miai? Do you have much, intelligence on the candidates?"

Shimizu Ryori | Lion Clan | Bushi | Beastmaster | Touched By Chikishudo

+ Honor Expected - Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Courtship Points : 2 +

Court: Wakizashi, Nice Kimono
Field: Armor, Sturdy Clothes, Daisho, Yumi + Quiver, Traveling Pack
Pack: Spare Rations, Canteen, Rope, Net, Blanket
Both: Bag of Sweets, Matsu Kyra - (Warcat)

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Tonbo Misa on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:23 pm

Misa was attending the ceremony, as was proper. She'd found a place off on the edge were she was in no one's way, and where she wouldn't bump into anyone either. Just soaking in the sounds of so many, from so many different places, was enough for her, and she had a soft smile as she merely stood there listening to it all.

(( PM me if you poke at Misa~ ))
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Advisor • Blind • Ascetic • Enlightened
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 4.0 | Courtship Points: 7
Carries: Traveling Pack, Daisho (where applicable), walking stick

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Asako Hirase on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:25 pm

The new arrival was bowed to as flawlessly as if she had spoken with a Crane's own grace, with perhaps a hint of apology at the disruption to Chi-Pu as he moved.

"I am Asako Hirase. I had only asked Utaku-san of how your people came to join the Ki-Rin. While I am assured her knowledge would have been sufficient in this regard, by all mean, please, let us hear it from one of the descendants of those that were there."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:25 pm

Bayushi Suteichi wrote:Suteichi maintained a stoic look as she spoke. He took his time before replying.

"You do a fine work Usagi-san. Compiling history. Truly a noble work."

Don't make me faint from such swoon-worthy praise, Scorpion.

"Thank you... probably boring work to most, I'm sure. But someone's gotta do it when all the other Hares are fighting and stuff," she chuckled.

"So Bayushi-sama and Matsu-sama were already acquainted before coming here?"
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:28 pm

Asako Hirase wrote:The new arrival was bowed to as flawlessly as if she had spoken with a Crane's own grace, with perhaps a hint of apology at the disruption to Chi-Pu as he moved.

"I am Asako Hirase. I had only asked Utaku-san of how your people came to join the Ki-Rin. While I am assured her knowledge would have been sufficient in this regard, by all mean, please, let us hear it from one of the descendants of those that were there."

“There’s the clean version and the Moto version, which you want?” she says sternly.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:30 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:
Bayushi Suteichi wrote:"A question for the philosophers. A librarian?! So then you are familiar with some great works. I am rather partial to the works of Bayushi Sasuke and more recently, Asako Chidori no Miya. Perhaps you are familiar with their fictional tales?"

I shouldn't be surprised a perfumed flower of the courts reads such frivolous works, heh. Not that she was one to judge. She enjoyed her bouts of fictional entertainment occassionally too.

"I am familiar with her works, yes. Eagerly anticipating the next work, though I heard some events in the lands of the Sparrow destroyed all her progress on the next installement," Tomoe sighed wistfully. "I admit I have a preference for more scholarly works, but simple pillowbooks are a pleasant distraction for the mind."

"A librarian sounds a bit too fanciful of a title when the Hare don't yet have much of a library. But it's my hope one day we will one day have a respectful library there... I do what I can to compile the history of our young clan."

History is a fearfully important task, in order that we honor our ancestors. I am anxious to learn more of other's clans histories, in order to know them in richer depth. "
Last edited by Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center