Twilight Time (D9, LE)

Re: Twilight Time (D9, LE)

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Wed May 03, 2017 2:25 am

"I don't ever want to make that journey again, Mei." he said quietly. "I want to stay here, serve the Empire and be with you."
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Miya Mei on Wed May 03, 2017 2:55 am

Mei smiles.

"I am glad. I admit, I am worried. What if the Empire isn't everything you were hoping it would be? I want to be with you. I want us to have a family, to do our duties, and to enjoy each other til we pass from this world."

A slight frown

"Though...what if you end up missing it? What if the rigors and cruelties of the Empire overcome the good?"
Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Wed May 03, 2017 3:05 am

"We rode through five years of the darkest nightmares to return home." he shook his head. "Nothing can be worse than what we've already endured."
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Miya Mei on Wed May 03, 2017 3:18 am

"I cannot imagine what it was like. The state of the Empire is bad as well though. There are assassinations regularly. Clans are at each others throats. Some of the rumors I heard during my travels are incredibly worrying. To top it off, The Emperor..."

Mei's voice is clearly stressed and upset.

Description

Miya Mei

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Wed May 03, 2017 3:52 am

"What is it?" she asked. "What's wrong?"

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Miya Mei on Wed May 03, 2017 3:54 am

"He..."

Mei sighs.

"I worry about the decisions he makes. There have been many that are not in the best interest of the Empire and its people."

Description

Miya Mei

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Wed May 03, 2017 9:04 am

"What do you mean?" He gave a look of concern.

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Miya Mei on Wed May 03, 2017 11:06 am

"Not long ago, the Emperor disappeared for some time. He simply abandoned his duties and fled, leaving the Empire to be managed by any who spoke loud enough or had enough connections. This has led to an Empire that teeters on the brink of instability and chaos."

Mei looked to the ground and frowned, keeping Ti-Lu still.

"There have been many situations where he has refused to act, or his actions have done more harm than good. The entirety of the Crane Clan committed seppuku in protest of these actions not long ago. Laws that should have been overruled have been allowed to stay in place. Being an Imperial myself, I have seen corruption first hand, blatant to any who look past the painted fans or lacquered masks, yet nothing is done to stop it."

"We need a change, Kemuri-kun. The Empire and its people deserve a strong leader, who will work with the people for the betterment of all. Who will overrule outdated traditions that enable manipulators and liars to maintain a stranglehold on the courts. Who will embrace diversity and change, allowing innovation and growth. An Emperor who is Emperor because of his actions, not his name."

Mei lets out a sigh and cries a little, words failing her.

----Rolls----
Acting to make it seem like Mei is truly heartbroken at the state of things. To tug on Kemuri's heartstrings.
[D9 LE] Acting +1k1 Void: 5d10o10k4 39

((OOC: I am having a hard time finding specific examples to use for writing about. Essentially the tone/take away from the above post is Mei has lost all faith in the Emperor and believes him and the system corrupt and needing to be changed.))

Description

Miya Mei

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Wed May 03, 2017 11:39 am

He listened attentively, clearly affected by her words.

"What corruption have you seen?" he asked after a few moments of thought.

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Miya Mei on Wed May 03, 2017 12:27 pm

"Not long ago, there was an assassination attempt on the Emperors life. The plot was discovered and foiled, but to prevent it from happening again, the Imperial Families began a massive purge of the Empire. All the clans were scrutinized, the Imperial City was closed off, and many were accused of treason."

"I had witnessed many of these accusations. Men and women I had been friends with were mercilessly executed by words alone. People I knew were righteous and honorable instead were forever shamed by power hungry members in the Otomo and Seppun, who used the assassination attempt as a means to rise to power."

Mei's sadness turns to anger, her words slowly losing their softness and instead a hard edge bites with each syllable.

"The Emperor allows this to happen. He could stop it at any time, yet he continues to let there be strife and agony when instead he should be promoting peace and unity. His blood is from the gods, yet the gods have proven they care not for mortal affairs. Why then if they do not care should they be allowed to rule over us. This is the corruption I have seen."

----Rolls----
Mei truly believes what she is saying!
[D9 LE] Sincerity: 4d10o10k3 29

Description

Miya Mei

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Wed May 03, 2017 12:56 pm

"An assassination attempt?" He considered her words carefully. "I appreciate what you are saying Mei, but I do not understand why blame would be laid on the Emperor or the Heavens. Nothing you have said suggests to me that the corruption comes from him. It sounds more like it is undermining his authority. There would be no need to use the assassination to rise in power, if those in power were already corrupt."

"It is as we discussed before. The nature of man is to seek a better life, for themselves, their family and their legacy." he explained. "That drive can lead us into achieving incredible feats. But, it can also create those who would use any means to accomplish their goals."

He met her eyes and smiled. "I believe you've seen these things, but without seeing more of the Empire for myself, I'm not sure what any of it means."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Miya Mei on Wed May 03, 2017 7:05 pm

"Only time will tell what it means, Kemuri-kun. I am afraid. I am afraid that marrying out of the Unicorn will be something terrible for you. I love you, or at least I think that is what this feeling is. And because of that, I do not want you to suffer. "

She pulls Ti-Lu up next to Kemuri and reaches over to him.

"Are you certain you are ready for this? I would not fault you to choose another."

Description

Miya Mei

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Wed May 03, 2017 7:30 pm

"I will not choose another." He reached out to her. "If things are as you say, then I want to be by your side. I believe we can endure whatever challenges are ahead together. I hesitate to confess my full feelings for you only because someone else may still choose me."

"I met with two such possibilities today and I believe there may be more." He explained.

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Miya Mei on Wed May 03, 2017 7:33 pm

Mei nods.

"I understand. I arrived late, and my performance in your clans events has been poor. I know that ther is a good chance you may be picked by another."

Mei wipes a tear away from her face.

"Whatever happens, I hope we can still stay friends and keep contact. I still want to show you the Empire. Perhaps we could arrange a way for you to travel with me."

Description

Miya Mei

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Wed May 03, 2017 7:40 pm

He brought Sarangerel to a halt and dismounted. Walking over to Ti-Lu he reached up to take Mei's hand, gesturing for her to come down.

"Whatever happens, you will always be in my heart."

Shinjo Kemuri

PreviousNext

Return to Horsemanship Field