[Day 5 - Late Morning] When Wishes Come True

[Day 5 - Late Morning] When Wishes Come True

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:51 pm

After her morning routine at the shrine, helping the locals and visitors alike with their devotions, Hotaru ventured out to the notorious Orochi's Fall. It had been the talk around the camp and she was too curious to let such an opportunity to pass up. She couldn't find it at first but the sign became more obvious when she neared a clearing where even the kami were muted, as if there was a sudden demand for attention and only awkward silence remained. There was also the large pool of water too.

She raised her hand and held up two fingers in a defensive stance while muttering a small prayer for protection against any impurities and pollution that might have lingered at this site. With careful paces, she neared only close enough where she could see the edge of the body of water.

When I prayed for rain, I didn't mean like this... She thought to herself as she recalled her stroll with Asako Yuki just yesterday.
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Re: [Day 5 - Late Morning] When Wishes Come True

Postby Soshi Bantu on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:19 pm

"I wonder if it's suitable for bathing Bayushi-san?" Came a soft voice from behind the Shrine Maiden as Bantu walked up towards his fellow Scorpion.
Scorpion Clan * Duelist * Bushi * Smart Cookie * Dancer *
Honor: Untrustworthy * Glory: 1.0 * Status: 2.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Daisho, Smoking pipe, Go set, Mask, Yumi
Description
Soshi Bantu

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:15 pm

She jumped slightly when she heard a voice from behind her, breaking the silence that even the kami were seemingly subjected to at the moment.

"Oh, good morning, Soshi-sama!" She quickly recomposed herself and greeted him with a bow. "I had been musing with the idea myself, but I couldn't be too sure. Rumours of the site being cursed seemed at least partially true, it's quiet here. Too quiet. Whatever happened here was great...then silence."

Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Soshi Bantu on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:30 pm

"If those rumors are true then...I would've expected more than just a hole in the ground. Like maybe a body?" He asked questioningly.

"But you are right it is almost eerily quiet out here. Whatever took place here it is definitely enough to keep me from jumping in there without some serious contemplation."
Description
Soshi Bantu

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:27 pm

Ugh, no, thank you! So gross! Hotaru quickly thought to herself when Bantu mentioned that there could be a body here, forcing her to take two steps back from where she stood previously. Now she was never going to even think about taking a bath there. "In that case, I really do hope that they get a few priests to cleanse the area...I would do it, but we would also need to remove the body first..."

"Uhm...so... She glanced away from the body of water, hoping to move on to other topics. "What brings you here, Soshi-sama?"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Soshi Bantu on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:32 pm

"Here to the miai? My Lord's request, probably much the same as you Bayushi-san." He answered as he peered into the small body of water - from a safe distance.

"Or more specifically to this location? I heard the rumors of a Dragon sighting and was curious." His honesty is obvious, he finds no need to be insincere with a fellow clansmate.
Description
Soshi Bantu

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:32 am

"Hai, here..." She reaffirmed that she was talking about where they were standing at the moment. "Dragon's? Do you think an actual dragon came down here...?"

With an ominous turn, she slowly looked toward the pond once more. "...it might explain that. And it would just disappear like that? It did rain pretty hard last night, so I guess that might have hidden its presence." And it was a dragon, dragons can do anything.

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Soshi Bantu on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:27 am

"Personally? I doubt it, and even if it did what ARMY could defeat a Celestial Dragon, let alone a handful of young samurai? If it was true then I imagine it would be a tale for the ages that we would be hearing more about than mere gossip."

He shrugged as he looked around for some rocks to skip on the new impromptu pond. "Although I have been wrong before."
Description
Soshi Bantu

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:55 am

There was another at the pond this morning, though as of yet he was still some distance from the pair of scorpion. Daisuke had went out shortly after his meeting with Fukawa earlier,hunting for any local fruits that may be growing in the fields.

He didn't expect to find much, but there was no harm in doing trying, it was then he stumbled upon the unusual pond, he didn't recall that being here last time he was in the area.
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:45 pm

"Hm..." She frowned slightly at that thought, feeling rather silly to think of the possibility that anyone defeating a celestial dragon.

"You're likely right about that. Very unlikely! Nevertheless, a sudden intention on the ground is rather peculiar..." She said as she watched the rock skip on the pond with a slight frown, and dreading anticipation. There was a part of her who thought that a dragon would immerge from its resting place as it was disturbed by the rock.

She was slightly startled by the sound of another person entering the clearly. However, she was thankful it wasn't a clever dragon or beast stalking them. "Ohayou, samurai-san!" She called out after she bowed politely in greeting. "Are you here to see the giant pond, too?"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:19 am

Daisuke's eyes were drawn to the pair speaking beside the pond shortly before the young woman greeted him. He wasn't sure what they were doing there, but with two young people of opposite sex beside a pond it led him to believe he might be interrupting.

Still he didn't want to be rude. Who knows maybe the gentleman was making unwelcome advances on the woman. "Good morning." He called as he returned the bow. "And I suppose I am, now that I'm here, seems something of a odd addition to the area."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:13 am

"Hai," She gave a concerned nod as the glanced at the pond again. "We were just discussing how peculiar it was sitting here and what could have caused it...I don't think it's natural, given how quiet the area is, and to the kami too. However, we doubt that it's something so great as a Celestial Dragon..."

"Anyway! I am Bayushi Hotaru, honoured shrine maiden of the Shining Retreat." She bowed politely at her introduction. "I am joined by Soshi Bantu-sama, from the reputable Shiro no Uragiru dojo."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:49 pm

He didn't know much about dragons but that sounded right. "Any ideas of what else it might be then?" He asked as he started to look over the pond with a bit more interest. Maybe someone should posts a guard or something around this, it could be dangerous.

As Hotaru spoke he turned his eyes back towards her, returning her bow and doing his own introduction. "A pleasure to meet you Bayushi-sama, Soshi-sama. I'm Ichiro Daisuke, a scout of the Badger."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:19 pm

"Who knows to be certain...maybe just some conspiracy between the earth and water to create this very ominous bathing pool that nobody in their right mind will every take advantage of?" She said with an open shrug.

The topic of the pond and dragons have already eaten up a huge chunk of the conversation, so she moved on to something else. "...So other than that, I hope everyone's stay has been wonderful! The Unicorn have been very pleasant hosts."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:51 pm

"Well... That's true." He was certain that he'd find someone bathing in it soon enough though. "Do you think we should fill it in?" It might be a wise idea in the long run.

"They have, and I'd have to say my tent is rather comfortable. Though I don't know if I would to carry any that large around on any of my journeys." It seemed rather cumbersome. "I must admit I've considered digging a bath a few times though."

Ichiro Daisuke

Next

Return to Orochi's Fall