Game On (D3 LE - VERY OPEN)

Re: Game On (D3 LE - VERY OPEN)

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:34 pm

Doji Fukawa wrote:"I would like to finish the game of sadane, if that is acceptable to you, Moto-san." Fukawa requests politely. "I was waiting for Soshi-san's reply. The downside of playing games with the host is they must stop frequently to attend to the other guests, but I was finding his commentary interesting."

“Oh then go Scorpion make the sad-ane jokes, make it funny…” she says waiting with anticipation.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Soshi Bantu on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:39 pm

Bantu felt pulled in a dozen directions all at once but tried his best to keep up. "My apologies Doji-san. I think I see what the artist was trying to accomplish with the symbology of seven attackers and seven defenders. Invoking the holy number of the Greater Fortunes and the tenets of Bushido and now, with the return of the Unicorn - the Seven Great Clans of the Empire."

He paused for effect before continuing.

"And he obviously wished to cause no offense by making them all look almost indistinguishable from each other."

Sadane=15
Scorpion Clan * Duelist * Bushi * Smart Cookie * Dancer *
Honor: Untrustworthy * Glory: 1.0 * Status: 2.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Daisho, Smoking pipe, Go set, Mask, Yumi
Description
Soshi Bantu

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:43 pm

"I don't get it..." she says looking at the picture.
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:46 pm

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:Dong-Ha pressed his lower jaw upwards with his hand to close his mouth. The sadane had been quite something, but then the Moto and Lion had began wrestling... and then there had been a kiss. "I think that Usagi-san was about to explain the rules of the game..." he tapped the goban ever so gently "But then that happened yes..."

"Right. *cough* It was... rather unexpected. Matsu-sama didn't seem like that type," she murmured a little and returned the stones to their containers now that the geography lesson was over.

"Right... so, Go is a tactical game, black against white, as the objective is to capture territory. You can place your piece almost anywhere on the board like so," she placed a white stone down as an example, so he could see how they should be placed on the board. "Each player take turns in placing one stone at a time. You said the Unicorn had a similar game of sorts?"
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:53 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"Right. *cough* It was... rather unexpected. Matsu-sama didn't seem like that type," she murmured a little and returned the stones to their containers now that the geography lesson was over.

"Right... so, Go is a tactical game, black against white, as the objective is to capture territory. You can place your piece almost anywhere on the board like so," she placed a white stone down as an example, so he could see how they should be placed on the board. "Each player take turns in placing one stone at a time. You said the Unicorn had a similar game of sorts?"

"On the other hand, that is something Moto-san might do... just didn't expect her to be so... forward in public." Dong-Ha fanned his face with his hand as if to ward of the momentarily confusion the spectacle had caused.

"Well... in that there are different kinds of pieces. You have sarbaz, that is, a bushi piece, asb... a rider, pil.. umm, a large horse... and some others, each with their own rules." he didn't feel like explaining what elephants were, never having actually seen one himself. "So i don't think that will help me much here."

"So players just place stones until the board is full or...?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:59 pm

"Players take turn in placing stones until it is not possible to gain any more territory or capture more stones. Once a stone is placed on the board, it cannot be moved, but it can be captured by the opponent."

Tomoe placed out a few stones on the board to demonstrate how to capture an opponent's stone (and her player lazily links to a video because Tomoe's controller doesn't know how to play Go!).
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:00 pm

Soshi Bantu wrote:Bantu felt pulled in a dozen directions all at once but tried his best to keep up. "My apologies Doji-san. I think I see what the artist was trying to accomplish with the symbology of seven attackers and seven defenders. Invoking the holy number of the Greater Fortunes and the tenets of Bushido and now, with the return of the Unicorn - the Seven Great Clans of the Empire."

He paused for effect before continuing.

"And he obviously wished to cause no offense by making them all look almost indistinguishable from each other."

Sadane=15

The addition of the Unicorn certainly added a degree of difficulty to this competition. Perhaps if she incorporated a bit of the Moto's demonstrated humor, it could punch through her boozy haze?

"You know, there were very few survivors in this battle. They asked the smartest one, once it was over, if he'd had much confidence in the general's plans. But all he could say was, 'neigh'." Fukawa offers.

"However, despite his great wisdom, perhaps he should not have been asked to paint the work. It must have been hard indeed to do while gripping the brush in his teeth."

Sadane: 27

Now to see if a drunk Unicorn could get a horse joke.
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:08 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"Players take turn in placing stones until it is not possible to gain any more territory or capture more stones. Once a stone is placed on the board, it cannot be moved, but it can be captured by the opponent."

Tomoe placed out a few stones on the board to demonstrate how to capture an opponent's stone (and her player lazily links to a video because Tomoe's controller doesn't know how to play Go!).

"I see. Looks simple." he nodded, looking down at the goban. How could such a simple game be held in such a high regard? Not that Dong-Ha's player had clue either. "In Shatranj the pieces are allowed to move, making it more complex."

"Should we try then?" Dong-Ha asked, looking up to the petite Hare.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:11 pm

Khulun laughs loudly at the words and then nods and says, “Oh…. Oh I know and the artist has bad teeth so he draw like monkey with two left hands! See… look at panting, horse looks like donkey...”

“So… I don’t know what to say,” she admits looking at picture.

“This painter did much hard work on this and why are we rude to them? I could never paint so good, why is this fun?”

OOC: Sadane + fatigue: 2d10-5 5
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:13 pm

"Hai, a trial game. I will try my best to explain the game as we go along." As Tomoe knew the game a little bit more than Dong-Ha, she handicapped herself by allowing him the first stone. They could go into the more complex rules of handicap some other time perhaps.

"Pieces that move? That does sound like it brings a level of complexity, especially if all the pieces are different..." Wait, doesn't that sound a little bit like shogi? "Go is appriciated especially by tacticians, and of course the Lion, as many students of warfare find it a good representation of a battlefield."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:18 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:Khulun laughs loudly at the words and then nods and says, “Oh…. Oh I know and the artist has bad teeth so he draw like monkey with two left hands! See… look at panting, horse looks like donkey...”

“So… I don’t know what to say,” she admits looking at picture.

“This painter did much hard work on this and why are we rude to them? I could never paint so good, why is this fun?”

OOC: Sadane + fatigue: 2d10-5 5

Fukawa taps her fan.

"For a few reasons, Moto-san." she offers, considering it. "I know that different clans have different means, but when you were training, did your sensei never criticize you, Moto-san?"

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:20 pm

“I fall off horse many times, Moto-sensei was very clear if I did not ride I get left behind for wolves. So I get back on and then one day I did not fall. But not sure how this helps me be better at painting?” she says confused.
Moto Khulun

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:24 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:“I fall off horse many times, Moto-sensei was very clear if I did not ride I get left behind for wolves. So I get back on and then one day I did not fall. But not sure how this helps me be better at painting?” she says confused.

This time, Fukawa was not going to be put off by Moto bluntness.

"But your training did not stop when you stopped falling off, did it Moto-san? You encountered different terrain, and you got to be a better rider. You fought different opponents while mounted, and you got to be a better rider. You raced your friends, and you got to be a better rider.....Is this fair to say?" she asks.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:27 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"Hai, a trial game. I will try my best to explain the game as we go along." As Tomoe knew the game a little bit more than Dong-Ha, she handicapped herself by allowing him the first stone. They could go into the more complex rules of handicap some other time perhaps.

"Pieces that move? That does sound like it brings a level of complexity, especially if all the pieces are different..." Wait, doesn't that sound a little bit like shogi? "Go is appriciated especially by tacticians, and of course the Lion, as many students of warfare find it a good representation of a battlefield."

"Yes, they begin in the game in specified locations, and move around, trying to seize the opponents daimyo." Dong-Ha explained. "There's quite a few of pieces, so it gets confusing rather quickly." It seemed more confusing than this game at least. How much complexity there could be in a game where people tossed stones on a board? With that, he reached for one of the stones and placed it more or less at the center of the board. "I have no idea what I am doing." He admitted, smiling awkwardly.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:31 pm

Doji Fukawa wrote:This time, Fukawa was not going to be put off by Moto bluntness.

"But your training did not stop when you stopped falling off, did it Moto-san? You encountered different terrain, and you got to be a better rider. You fought different opponents while mounted, and you got to be a better rider. You raced your friends, and you got to be a better rider.....Is this fair to say?" she asks.

She gives a shrill ululation and then says, “I am great rider, Crane! I carried banner with Moto-dono, collected three heads that day! Some are better but not many, it is known.”

“How many heads have you taken?”
Moto Khulun

PreviousNext

Return to Western Yurts