Game On (D3 LE - VERY OPEN)

Re: Game On (D3 LE - VERY OPEN)

Postby Togashi Udo on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:32 pm

Soshi Bantu wrote:"It would be an honor and a pleasure Moto-san, Togashi Udo-san." Bantu replied as he started to explain. "Firstly let me explain that this is only a small version this board is only 9 stones across while the large professional boards are up to 19 stones broad and long, but unfortunately are far less portable."

"As with all great games, the rules are simple but the strategy can be deep and complicated if one wishes to devote much time to it. Play stones on the board, try to block off sections to score points, and surround groups of your opponents stones to remove them from the board for more points and to restrict their options."

He gestures to the cushions on the floor at the table. "If minna-san wish to sit I'd happily guide you through a game?"

Udo bows to him and takes a seat. "Thank you very much. This should be most enjoyable. A small game seems appropriate, given how many guests you have this evening."

Looking at Bataar he adds. "I look forward to playing with you. This one is Togashi Udo."
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:37 pm

"From what I'm witnessing that would seem to be the case," he replies with a smile, taking another drink of his kumis. "I think that you two will definitely have to put each other to the test in the sparring ring soon. Do you both have time tomorrow?"
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Doji Fukawa on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:46 pm

Soshi Bantu wrote:
Doji Fukawa wrote:Someone very noticeable had not been at the dinner, but now made her way to the gaming event. Doji Fukawa wore a kimono of a darker shade of Crane blue, with a small silver trim that if one looked hard they could make out as tiny horses running after one another. Were a Moto to run up and sniff her again, they would probably notice that in addition to her perfume, that she had probably been most recently riding.

She looked about to see if she could spot the host. She had not yet met Soshi Bantu, but as there was only one man in red and black, beset by Unicorn and Dragon hovering over a game board, she was relatively certain she had him picked out.

While the Togashi and Moto seated themselves and looked at the paraphernalia of the game, Bantu offered Fukawa a bow of greeting. "Doji-san, a pleasure to see you. I hope the next few hours of this evening proves to your enjoyment, how may I be of assistance?"

Fukawa offered a polite bow to the attentive host.

"Soshi-san, it is a pleasure to meet you. I am Doji Fukawa." she says. "My compliments on your event, may it give the Unicorn further insight into the Empire, and vice versa. I was wondering if you had planned to offer a Game of Sadane, beloved as it is by our two clans."
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Soshi Bantu on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:49 pm

"Unfortunately, I am currently diverted with the education of these two fine samurai in the art of Go. I do believe that Bayushi Sueitechi is supposed to be attending this evening, and as one of our trained courtiers he may be able to serve as a worthy competitor for you." Bantu suggested with a smile and a nod.

"Alternatively we could announce your willingness to play to the tent and see if anyone wishes to take you up on the offer? I think it would be a truly novel experience for the Unicorn to witness if you can find a competent individual to match against."
Scorpion Clan * Duelist * Bushi * Smart Cookie * Dancer *
Honor: Untrustworthy * Glory: 1.0 * Status: 2.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Daisho, Smoking pipe, Go set, Mask, Yumi
Description
Soshi Bantu

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:52 pm

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:Sometime later yet another curious Unicorn arrives to the tent. Seeing that two of his kin were occupied what most likely was a Lion samurai, he sought for someone who did not seem too occupied. He spotted small samurai-ko bearing the enigmatic rabbit family emblems, and decided to solve the mystery for once and for all.

Since when Rabbit-clan had been a thing? Unfortunately for Dong-Ha, he had missed Tomoe's history lessons.

"Excuse me, samurai-san." he addressed the petite girl. "May I ask from which Clan you hail from? I am afraid I don't recognize your mon..." Dong-Ha offered her a sheepish smile in hopes of hide his shame.

The rabbit-girl smiled, not seemingly bothered by the question. "Ah, I am from the Hare Clan! I can't fault you for not being familiar with it, as we are a rather new clan in the Empire. I'm Usagi Tomoe." She gave a small bow as she introduced herself. "Your mon is Iuchi, if I'm not mistaken?"
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Doji Fukawa on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:53 pm

Fukawa nods.

"I would be happy to play with Sueitechi-san, or with any who in the tent who wish to try their hand at it." she agrees. "I don't suppose as host, you would have a few pieces of artwork handy for critique?"

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Soshi Bantu on Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:02 pm

"Ah yes, that." Bantu replied with a small sigh.

"Unfortunately I didn't bring any with me from home and have had to make do with what was available here. Which has left with only a single piece available for critique, a small wall hanging that I was able to locate in one of the guest rooms."

"I hope this will serve your needs?" He asks a little nervously.
Description
Soshi Bantu

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:04 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:
The rabbit-girl smiled, not seemingly bothered by the question. "Ah, I am from the Hare Clan! I can't fault you for not being familiar with it, as we are a rather new clan in the Empire. I'm Usagi Tomoe." She gave a small bow as she introduced herself. "Your mon is Iuchi, if I'm not mistaken?"

"Hare, hee. And yes, Iuchi. Well done, Usagi-san." Not rabbits then. Dong-Ha noted to himself, storing this morsel of information. "Iuchi Dong-Ha, son of Iuchi DOng-Suk." the young mystic introduced himself, noting his family line as Unicorn were wont to do. "Games then, eh?" he looked in the general direction of the Scorpion who had set up the occasion. "I have to admit I don't know much about them." Which was why he was there, though he hoped she might have had some idea of what was going on.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Doji Fukawa on Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:05 pm

Fukawa considered the artwork from behind her fan.

"I believe that piece would indeed work, Soshi-san." she offers. "If we need more, we can ask others in the tent if they have anything they would like to use. If we're in extreme need, I can always fetch paper, and whip up a few origami. It's not really the focus of my training, but so much the better for Sadane, ne?"

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:08 pm

"Endearing?" he seemed to be confused though didn't pay it to much mind. He took another sip before glancing at her when she spoke of his luck "What makes you think I would need the stiff bones? Moto-san you clearly have never met a Matsu."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Soshi Bantu on Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:11 pm

"If you need me to assist you with some horrible poetry, then I'm your man." Bantu adds good naturedly.

"I hope that you find an opponent soon Doji-san." Bantu wishes the Doji good luck even as he wished to be that opponent but he temporarily had other commitments.
Description
Soshi Bantu

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:18 pm

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:"Hare, hee. And yes, Iuchi. Well done, Usagi-san." Not rabbits then. Dong-Ha noted to himself, storing this morsel of information. "Iuchi Dong-Ha, son of Iuchi DOng-Suk." the young mystic introduced himself, noting his family line as Unicorn were wont to do. "Games then, eh?" he looked in the general direction of the Scorpion who had set up the occasion. "I have to admit I don't know much about them." Which was why he was there, though he hoped she might have had some idea of what was going on.

She gave a little nod. "The most popular game is Go - a tactical game to capture territory played with black and white stones on a board. It's been around for quite a long time... not sure if it came around before the Ki-rin departed, hm." Tomoe made a mental note of looking more into that as she now discovered a hole in her knowledge.

"Then there is Fortunes And Winds, which is a game of chance... well, mostly chance. It takes skill too, of course. And it seems Soshi-sama and Doji-sama there are going to engage in a round of Sadane, if I'm not mistaken. It's a... hmm... courtly game, of sorts, to test eachother's wits."
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:27 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:She gave a little nod. "The most popular game is Go - a tactical game to capture territory played with black and white stones on a board. It's been around for quite a long time... not sure if it came around before the Ki-rin departed, hm." Tomoe made a mental note of looking more into that as she now discovered a hole in her knowledge.

"Then there is Fortunes And Winds, which is a game of chance... well, mostly chance. It takes skill too, of course. And it seems Soshi-sama and Doji-sama there are going to engage in a round of Sadane, if I'm not mistaken. It's a... hmm... courtly game, of sorts, to test eachother's wits."

"I don't think so. At least, I have never heard of it." Dong-Ha shook his head. "They have something similar in burning sands. Shatranj, they call it. Though the goal is to capture the opponents Shah... umm, daimyo piece rather than to fight for territory." Not that he had ever actually played the game himself. "Game of wits? Are they going to riddle each other?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:32 pm

"Not quite, no," she chuckled a little. "We can observe them together, if you like?"

"Basically, Sadane is to... well, have the most clever but polite insults, to put it bluntly. It's a game that requires quick thinking, in which the contestants take turns expressing criticisms of a mutually agreed-upon object. Each turn, they must make a new contribution to the argument, not a restatement of something already said. The first contestant to be caught at a loss loses the match, although there can be judges in a Sadane match which can point out a winner for a particularly remarkable retort."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:38 pm

Matsu Nintoku wrote:"Endearing?" he seemed to be confused though didn't pay it to much mind. He took another sip before glancing at her when she spoke of his luck "What makes you think I would need the stiff bones? Moto-san you clearly have never met a Matsu."

“But now I wish I had met one sooner,” she says with a chuckle holding her hand out for the skin of kumis.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

PreviousNext

Return to Western Yurts