Dinner Party [D3, EE, OPEN]

Re: Dinner Party [D3, EE, OPEN]

Postby Yuzuki on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:58 pm

"Thank you, Usagi-san, I had not expected Kon's behavior," she said to the Hare"

This party is just off to a great start, isn't it.

She then looked over the crowd as she did her clean-up work, to gauge their mood. Fortunately, it seemed most people were still enjoying themselves. Except for that Lion, for some reason.

Should probably see to that, at some point.
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:01 pm

"Cats are unpredictable like that," Tsukimi nodded, and collected food to return to the table after inspection... Most of what she gathered was no longer edible.

Except for cats.

That must have been the plan all along.

"At least this interruption will ensure your party is a memorable one? They say disaster brings people together."
Bushi | Wary | Dancer | Tailor
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Equipment: Ashigaru armor, smoking pipe, sake cup
Accompanied by: Nagareboshi-san, a young sheep (D9)
Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Yuzuki on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:06 pm

"One can hope," she said. Then said at a slightly lower volume; "Though I can't help but think some might not feel that way."

"Anyway," she offered once the cleaning had been done, "thank you. I should probably see to some of the more glum looking guests."

With a small bow to the Hare, she then moved off into the crowd. Heading to the Lion that kept giving her dark looks.

"Matsu-sama," she said upon approach, "I apologize for cutting our conversation short."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:11 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:
Shimizu Ryori wrote:Ryori attempts to distract from the Mantis's efforts by proclaiming " I brought a bottle of the finest Ikoma Sochui, this is such a lovely dinner perhaps some of you will share it with me, " he lifts the bottle up to display and there is a inquisitive sound from beside him he frowns at his sister "None for you Kyra, not after the kumis incident, and don't look for mom, she isn't here to sneak you any"

Tomonaga's eyes narrowed for just a moment. But, he supposed, there was room for more than one type of alcohol at the event. Especially after some of the sake had suffered cat destruction.

"Ikoma shochu, eh?" Tomonaga said, approaching. "That sounds great. I'd love to give it a try. Yasuki Tomonaga. Oh..." He blinked, wide-eyed, at the sight of the much larger cat. Much, much larger.

Ryori and Kyra come over "Yasuki sama I hear you are an expert on fine quality Sake, it would be an honor, I was gifted this bottle by a merchant back home and was saving it for a special occasion, this seems special enough" he looks at the Unicorn and other guests to see if anyone else wishes to try some.

Shimizu Ryori | Lion Clan | Bushi | Beastmaster | Touched By Chikishudo

+ Honor Expected - Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Courtship Points : 2 +

Court: Wakizashi, Nice Kimono
Field: Armor, Sturdy Clothes, Daisho, Yumi + Quiver, Traveling Pack
Pack: Spare Rations, Canteen, Rope, Net, Blanket
Both: Bag of Sweets, Matsu Kyra - (Warcat)

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:13 pm

Abandoned by the Mantis thusly, Tsukimi frowned for a moment, then reasserted her On and looked round. She spotted a Unicorn she had not spoken to yet, standing next to the Centipede, and the Hare moseyed her way over.

"Ohayo. This one is Usagi Tsukimi. What a lovely production, Moshi-san. Beautiful."
Bushi | Wary | Dancer | Tailor
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Equipment: Ashigaru armor, smoking pipe, sake cup
Accompanied by: Nagareboshi-san, a young sheep (D9)
Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:14 pm

Kakita Nanami wrote:...

"It was definitely a challenge. It took me some time to even work out the language," he said smiling. "But then, my forte is not in that realm. I'm a far more physically minded person, as demonstrated during the archery competition. Though that is something I'd like to improve with time and study."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Kakita Nanami on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:19 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:...

"Archery is..." the Crane frowned slightly, sipping the sake as the fan worked. "Let us just say that archery is not my forte. Outside of the beginnings of the art of forging, I have little experience with the more... physical aspects." She glanced to her cup, now nearing empty.
Crane Clan • Agasha Trained • Shugenja • Small • Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 2
Carried: Wakizashi, Tanto, Straw Hat, Cricket in a Cage
Kakita Nanami

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:21 pm

Shimizu Ryori wrote:Ryori and Kyra come over "Yasuki sama I hear you are an expert on fine quality Sake, it would be an honor, I was gifted this bottle by a merchant back home and was saving it for a special occasion, this seems special enough" he looks at the Unicorn and other guests to see if anyone else wishes to try some.

Distracted from the lion, as much as one could be, Tomonaga bowed to Ryori. "Ah, you're too kind, Shimizu-san." He said modestly. "And that's a fine gift." He glanced at the bottle with a practiced eye. "I'm not familiar with that particular one, but I've had similar, and it's very nice indeed." He produced a cup.

He nodded agreement. "Mmm, Mantis-san put a great deal of work into this. It's nice to get a chance to honor our hosts, don't you think? They've clearly been trying hard to honor us."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Moto Butaj on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:24 pm

Moshi Asakiko wrote:The tiny Moshi was almost trampled she was able to save her arrangement even if she fell to the floor. "Anooo... it is fine... Unicorn sama..." She sat up and politely smiled to the mountain of the man. She never felt so small but among so many tall people the Moshi was like a child in a adult party.

"Good then! Butaj will make up for it with his company if you don't mind. Butaj is Moto Butaj and is happy to meet you even if the circumstances are risque!" The big Unicorn smiles cheerfully, then looks at the ikebana. "Ooooh, very pretty. Butaj makes a guess it's not for eating but admiring, but easterners have so many funny ways of doing things that Butaj wouldn't be entirely surprised if this wonder was edible!" He takes a sit by the little Moshi, removing topshur from his back and putting it beside him.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:27 pm

"Allow me to refresh, you cup," he says moving to acquire a bottle so that he could provide a refill for Nanami and himself. He did a good job of balancing everything.

"I think when two people have such differing skill sets they call it complementary, no?" he replies with a smile.

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Kakita Nanami on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:30 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:...

The Crane smiled politely, cheeks glowing slightly, "My thanks, Shinjo-san. And yes, I have heard it called that. Like how the kami work together - though opposed, fire and water together together create balance."
Crane Clan • Agasha Trained • Shugenja • Small • Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 2
Carried: Wakizashi, Tanto, Straw Hat, Cricket in a Cage
Kakita Nanami

Postby Matsu Yurio on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:30 pm

Yuzuki wrote:"One can hope," she said. Then said at a slightly lower volume; "Though I can't help but think some might not feel that way."

"Anyway," she offered once the cleaning had been done, "thank you. I should probably see to some of the more glum looking guests."

With a small bow to the Hare, she then moved off into the crowd. Heading to the Lion that kept giving her dark looks.

"Matsu-sama," she said upon approach, "I apologize for cutting our conversation short."

He narrowed his eyes as she belatedly came to answer his very important questions. Lion did not forget slights sent their way from Minor Clanners. The bow she received was barely acceptable for a samurai of the lowest order.

"I had merely asked if the cat was yours and how old he . . . or she was."
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Yuzuki on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:33 pm

"Of course," she said. "He is Kon, I have had him for two years."

She really didn't understand why the Lion seemed to be so upset. Surely he could understand she had to attend to the chaos that had been left behind by Kon.
Last edited by Yuzuki on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:34 pm

"So they do not extinguish each other?" he asks, his curiosity piqued a bit by the introduction of the theological example.

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Soshi Bantu on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:38 pm

Bantu had been in attendance for the whole party, and had contented himself to keep to his own thoughts for a few minutes. Thoughts mostly focused around hoping that the devil cat would not return in a few hours and cause the same chaos at his own gathering in this very location.

When the room returned to some sense of normalcy, he did look around to see how the attendance was going and he decided it was a good turnout, and he would be extremely happy if his garnered as much interest.

(PM for a chat)
Scorpion Clan * Duelist * Bushi * Smart Cookie * Dancer *
Honor: Untrustworthy * Glory: 1.0 * Status: 2.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Daisho, Smoking pipe, Go set, Mask, Yumi
Description
Soshi Bantu

PreviousNext

Return to Western Yurts