Game On (D3 LE - VERY OPEN)

Re: Game On (D3 LE - VERY OPEN)

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:41 pm

Khulun runs her fingers over the scars and says, “It was far more painful a few nights ago, but not as painful as the wounds I inflicted on that monster.”

She removes her finger tips after a long moment and says, “You have seen much fighting and yet still stand. A solid warrior chiseled from stone and flesh. I am surprised other Unicorn have not already put you over their horse and rode for sunset.”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:44 pm

"Do you need me to get my Meushi Khulun? You can keep him occupied while I do so," he says with a laugh and wide smile, taking a drink from his kumis skin.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:49 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"Do you need me to get my Meushi Khulun? You can keep him occupied while I do so," he says with a laugh and wide smile, taking a drink from his kumis skin.

Khulun laughs and says, “I’ll consider it.”
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:55 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:Deciding on not to miss this social get-together, Tomoe arrived for the games put on by the Scorpion.

The rabbit milled around a little, trying to decide between finding a game right away, or to socialize with some of the groups of samurai already present.

Sometime later yet another curious Unicorn arrives to the tent. Seeing that two of his kin were occupied what most likely was a Lion samurai, he sought for someone who did not seem too occupied. He spotted small samurai-ko bearing the enigmatic rabbit family emblems, and decided to solve the mystery for once and for all.

Since when Rabbit-clan had been a thing? Unfortunately for Dong-Ha, he had missed Tomoe's history lessons.

"Excuse me, samurai-san." he addressed the petite girl. "May I ask from which Clan you hail from? I am afraid I don't recognize your mon..." Dong-Ha offered her a sheepish smile in hopes of hide his shame.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:00 pm

He stared blankly at the Moto as she trailed her finger over his scars taking another chug as she did so.

"Monster?" he said a bit confused or perhaps dazed by the alcohol "Didn't know bears roamed this far west. Must been attracted by the smell of meat."

He scoffed at the notion of being kidnapped "If such happened I'd gain new scars." he sighed "Seems easier though. Easier than spending our time deciphering languages." he gave her a long glance "And who says I wouldn't partake in that tradition. Who says I wouldn't kidnap you and make my bride."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:03 pm

“Oh Lion, don’t begin a dangerous game you will not finish,” she teases.

“The hearts of the Moto are savage like the sand tigers, strong like the earth and burn with the fire that birthed the world. To break the heart of Moto is unleash the very elements that tear flesh from bone during a sandstorm.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:06 pm

Yukarin seems to be a bit late.

She frowns as she looks around.
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:23 pm

"Do I look like I am the joking type?" the Matsu chided before taking another sip of kumis. The skins seemed to have a whole though as they seemed to be considerably lighter.

"I am a Matsu." he stated plainly "Our honor is our strength and the the link that ties us to our ancestors. It is the fire that tempers our steel and the blood that courses through our veins. To anger a Matsu is to invite destruction. None stand before the Matsu."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:36 pm

Monkhbaatar laughs jovially at the exchange, immensely entertained at the marital posturing. "From where I'm standing, I think that the passion both of you show complements you both a great deal. Now I'm actually wonder just how powerful and willful your children might be." His smile shows he means it as a compliment. "I hope I'm seeing the beginnings of a worthy match here!"
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:40 pm

Tomonaga was there, having remained as long as possible after the dinner, in his role as assistant host. And then, once it transitioned to games, he was further inclined to stick around. Not that he was especially good at them, but that didn't stop his enjoyment of them.

For the moment, though, he stayed near Yuzuki, listening to her music. He seemed to be casually enjoying himself, sipping occasionally from a cup, and content to watch nearby goings-on.

(pm if approached. Or grabbed. Or yelled at. For any interaction, really)
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Yuzuki on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:52 pm

Yuzuki changed into a different piece on her shamisen. Her performance of this new song wasn't quite as good as that which she'd opened with, but it was competent enough on its own that one wouldn't think it a poor one.

Some more music: 4d10o10k3 16
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Soshi Bantu on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:23 pm

Bantu greeted every individual as they entered, trying to be a good host and was pleased when some started up conversations among themselves, but was even more pleased when a young Unicorn showed some interest in the only game set up so far.

Although when he saw Yukarin enter, a woman he knew liked to play at least one game, he had hope that another group would soon start up and he waved her to her choice of table with a smile and bow of apology as he spoke to the two who had first grabbed his attention.

Togashi Udo wrote:Udo decided to show up to the game evening and see if he could learn a bit more about Go from the Scorpion. Upon arriving, he saw he was one of the first. As he approached, he heard...

Moto Baatar wrote:A very young looking Unicorn stepped up to the table. "What is this game?" he asked Bantu, poking at the white and black stones. "Is it like backgammon? Where's the dice?"

"The game is called Go. I only have a rudimentary understanding myself, but perhaps Soshi-sama would be willing to guide us through a game? If you are interested in learning."

"It would be an honor and a pleasure Moto-san, Togashi Udo-san." Bantu replied as he started to explain. "Firstly let me explain that this is only a small version this board is only 9 stones across while the large professional boards are up to 19 stones broad and long, but unfortunately are far less portable."

"As with all great games, the rules are simple but the strategy can be deep and complicated if one wishes to devote much time to it. Play stones on the board, try to block off sections to score points, and surround groups of your opponents stones to remove them from the board for more points and to restrict their options."

He gestures to the cushions on the floor at the table. "If minna-san wish to sit I'd happily guide you through a game?"
Scorpion Clan * Duelist * Bushi * Smart Cookie * Dancer *
Honor: Untrustworthy * Glory: 1.0 * Status: 2.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Daisho, Smoking pipe, Go set, Mask, Yumi
Description
Soshi Bantu

Postby Soshi Bantu on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:26 pm

Doji Fukawa wrote:Someone very noticeable had not been at the dinner, but now made her way to the gaming event. Doji Fukawa wore a kimono of a darker shade of Crane blue, with a small silver trim that if one looked hard they could make out as tiny horses running after one another. Were a Moto to run up and sniff her again, they would probably notice that in addition to her perfume, that she had probably been most recently riding.

She looked about to see if she could spot the host. She had not yet met Soshi Bantu, but as there was only one man in red and black, beset by Unicorn and Dragon hovering over a game board, she was relatively certain she had him picked out.

While the Togashi and Moto seated themselves and looked at the paraphernalia of the game, Bantu offered Fukawa a bow of greeting. "Doji-san, a pleasure to see you. I hope the next few hours of this evening proves to your enjoyment, how may I be of assistance?"
Scorpion Clan * Duelist * Bushi * Smart Cookie * Dancer *
Honor: Untrustworthy * Glory: 1.0 * Status: 2.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Daisho, Smoking pipe, Go set, Mask, Yumi
Description
Soshi Bantu

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:30 pm

“I find his scars endearing, cousin. He has much strength and will this one, perhaps he will have the stiff bones to survive my wedding night,” she says with a chuckle.
Moto Khulun

Postby Moto Baatar on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:31 pm

Soshi Bantu wrote:"It would be an honor and a pleasure Moto-san, Togashi Udo-san." Bantu replied as he started to explain. "Firstly let me explain that this is only a small version this board is only 9 stones across while the large professional boards are up to 19 stones broad and long, but unfortunately are far less portable."

"As with all great games, the rules are simple but the strategy can be deep and complicated if one wishes to devote much time to it. Play stones on the board, try to block off sections to score points, and surround groups of your opponents stones to remove them from the board for more points and to restrict their options."

He gestures to the cushions on the floor at the table. "If minna-san wish to sit I'd happily guide you through a game?"

"Okay," Baatar agreed, plopping himself down on one of the cushions next to the game board. "Where do I set up my pieces to start?"
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

PreviousNext

Return to Western Yurts