[D2 EA] Gotcha!

Re: [D2 EA] Gotcha!

Postby Soshi Bantu on Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:45 pm

Iuchi Saksaha wrote:She stiffens a little in the face of Bantu's curiosity. "The forms may be different, but the spirit is not. We serve the spiritual needs of our people in the same way as your shugenja do, even if our rituals are not all the same."

Bantu smiles broadly. "Ah, I am glad. I would hate for these small differences to be misinterpreted by those who are wary of magic they do not understand. There has been precedence for an established prejudice against foul magicks since the Battle of Sleeping River."
Scorpion Clan * Duelist * Bushi * Smart Cookie * Dancer *
Honor: Untrustworthy * Glory: 1.0 * Status: 2.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Daisho, Smoking pipe, Go set, Mask, Yumi
Description
Soshi Bantu

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:01 pm

Kaizen suddenly felt uncomfortable uncertain what the Scorpion was trying to imply. After all the Unicorn have had a lot of scrutiny, surely these different rituals did not invoke the powers of Jigoku? Kaizen refrained from speaking for the time being hoping he was wrong about the Scorpion's words.
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Glory: 2.0 * Status: 1.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Courtship Points: 5
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:25 pm

Saksaha shrugs. "I do not know this Sleeping River, but I have heard that the way of priests in the Empire is also no longer quite as it was when Iuchi studied with Isawa. Yet as much as I can tell, it is as Togashi-san says--we each begin from the same sources and reach the same sea in the end. I hope to discuss this well with other shugenja, since I have heard there are several among you guests here."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Soshi Bantu on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:30 pm

Bantu suspected he knew what Saksaha referred to, but there was NO way he was bringing that up in public company, especially with a Phoenix around.

"I am uncertain of the other clans, but the Scorpion have indeed sent a few shugenja to this gathering. If Iuchi-san wishes I would be pleased to introduce her to them at a convenient time?"
Description
Soshi Bantu

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:11 pm

In fact, there is both more and less to Saksaha's meaning than the Scorpion guesses--even the distinctive shugenja traditions of the different clans mostly postdate the departure of Shinjo and her own ancestor Iuchi, after all.

"I have already met one, Bayushi Hotaru," she says with a slight smile. "But I would be pleased to know others." She glances at Kaizen and Udo as well--the Phoenix and Dragon are more known for their magic than the Scorpion, according to the tales, so perhaps there are shugenja guests from those clans here too...
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description

On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Togashi Udo on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:38 pm

Udo picks up on her glance. "Alas, we Dragon are few in number here. If one of us is a shugenja, they did not inform me." He looks at the other two before continuing. "But, I do know some goats!" he cracks a smile.
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Soshi Bantu on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:44 pm

Bantu laughed at the Togashi's joke. This one so far seemed far less obtuse than the very few that Bantu had previously encountered.

"I don't know goats, but I know go. Do any of you play perchance?"
Description
Soshi Bantu

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:58 pm

Saksaha smiles at the Dragon's remark, as amused as he'd probably intended them all to be. "Why, I didn't know your people kept them." She reaches down idly to scratch the head of Fiyanggu, who has finished decimating her dandelion patch and wandered over to forage closer to her mistress's feet.

"But I don't know how to play any such thing."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Togashi Udo on Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:10 am

He looks at Saksaha. "I can't say we kept them so much as lived alongside them. It seems odd to think of them as trained or similar, but the goats were around... traveling companions, watchful eyes, pests, and, if necessary," he leans in and lowers his voice as if the goat might be able to understand. "...food."

"Certainly, it seems that... Feyandgu... is more on the traveling companion end. And perhaps the pest, from time to time.

Looking back to the Scorpion, he says: "I know Go, but can't say that I play it. I'm aware of how to handle a ko, but I'm far from skilled. My stones weave intricate patterns, but their tendency to get surrounded makes it hard to win."

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Soshi Bantu on Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:21 am

"Well if either of you wish to learn, or have skill in another game, I was going to host an evening of games tomorrow. After Yuzuki-san's dinner party all those who wish can linger and play whatever takes their fancy. There are already confirmed games of go and Fortunes & Winds to take place, I hope that the Unicorn have brought back some new pasttimes and games from across the Sands they can share with us all as well."
Description
Soshi Bantu

Postby Togashi Udo on Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:27 am

"Hmm. That sounds very interesting. If I am not needed elsewhere, I shall attend."

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:01 pm

Either of you not any of you, so was Kaizen left out of the invitation? Then again it appeared an invitation was not necessary if it is after the party? "I have heard that some of the better strategists in history enjoyed Go as a past time. That it can set the mind in order for such a manner of thinking. Not unlike a bushi's exercise in the dojo." The young Shiba cocked his head to the side looking at the goat. He picked up a dandelion which the animal seemed to favor and offered it, wary of his fingers and the shaggy pets teeth.
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Glory: 2.0 * Status: 1.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Courtship Points: 5
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Togashi Udo on Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:39 pm

"To my mind, Go is the game of generals. Every stone is of even worth, and the victor is who has captured the most territory in the end. Shogi is the game of battles, where different pieces have different strengths, and one must appropriately deploy their pieces. Fortunes and Winds is the game of duels, where there is much left to chance."

Udo looks at the Shiba. "Though, all are fun."

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Soshi Bantu on Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:18 pm

Bantu smiled at the conversation everyone seemed at least a little pleased by the idea of some games to relieve any tension. Although when Udo mentioned shogi...

"I would be careful mentioning that alternative game Togashi-san, I heard that there were Imperial Heralds decrying it as a tool of the Ninth not that long ago." He whispered to the Dragon, not quite soft enough for the others to miss, but quiet enough that for another to acknowledge it would be impolite.
Description
Soshi Bantu

Postby Togashi Udo on Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:45 pm

Udo gives a small nod of his head. "As you say, Soshi-sama. Thank you."

More info.
Togashi Udo