[D2 LE] Sweets, Cheese, and Song (Amaya's Yurt) [Closed]

Re: [D2 LE] Sweets, Cheese, and Song (Amaya's Yurt)

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:21 pm

Hideo enjoyed the rest of the treat as he listened to Amaya speak. He casts his gaze upon the instrument. He waited for her to finish before smiling.

"It must be a wonderful feeling. Sensei said the air kami can also make a man fly, but nowhere as fast as a horse can. You share many of my own interests; I am a practitioner of Calligraphy and I have always taken time to listen to musical talents even if I lack the time or skill to perform myself. All the more reason to favour time spent with you."
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:27 pm

"It is a wonderful feeling, like all the elements joined together as one. A steed, strong as Earth, fluid as Water, fast as Wind, alive as Fire. But I do carry on, and you shouldn't allow me to do so. Instead, let us toast to shared interests, and you can choose another treat to sample while I choose a question."
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:50 pm

"Why would I wish to interrupt someone speaking so passionately about her pleasures in life? It is clear how much you enjoy riding horses, and it makes me wish to try it."

He picks up his cup.

"Hai, let's toast to that. Shared interests, and shared time together with those interests. Kanpai."

Another cup downed. He was certainly feeling it now.

(D2 LE sake again! Can Hideo get drunker?: 3d10o10k3 11 yes he can)
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:59 pm

This drink was larger than the ones that had come before, but it still slid down her throat smoothly and warmed her belly, which felt strangely pleasant despite the how hot the day had been, and how that heat still lingered even now. She felt... happy. Not that there had been any sort of lack thereof before now, she was just more aware in this moment of how glad she was to be here. She attributed this feeling to Hideo's presence and blushed.

---

Raw Stamina versus Sake - Tipsy!
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:22 pm

When the cups were put down, he topped up again. This time in ensuring he didn't spill, he filled the drinks up to the top.

"Oops...my bad, may have overfilled these ones!" He laughed "ah, new food to pick. How about them?" He motioned to:

Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:31 pm

"I'm sure that will be all right, we'll just have to find something extra special to toast to."

Seeing Hideo point to one of the cheeses, Amaya cocked her head to one side with a smile, "those are called chura kampo. They are specially dried until they are very firm so they last longer when travelling across the Burning Sands. Probably a good choice, as they can dry the mouth, but we have plenty of sake to whet our throats afterwards."

Forgetting her manners, she picks up one of the beads of cheese with her fingers and pops it into her mouth.

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:42 pm

"Ah, then your question had better be a good one, hai?" Hideo said with a grin, listening to the description of the food. "Dried hardened cheese? Sounds interesting."

As he went to pick one up, she picked it up with her hands! His eyes opened wide in surprise.

"I do hope they don't stain fingers Amaya-chan" he laughed again, picking his up carefully with the chopsticks to eat his
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:51 pm

Though embarrassed by her faux pas, she opens her hands and displays them for his approval, and indeed they are clean and neatly manicured.

"A good question," she ponders, and the moment stretches out. It seems she is trying to decide something, or perhaps find the courage for the question she wants to ask. If it is the latter, she fails, and instead asks, "I believe I saw you at the administration center earlier today, did you participate in the language event?"

It's not a good question, but it will do.

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:53 pm

Hideo studied her hands, and nodded approvingly. He then listened to the question, and frowned thinking about it.

"I did participate in the event. It seems my skills were very much off though, as I made a large number of errors when using the language. I'll be happy not to have to deal with that language again. I hope you did a better job than I?"
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:01 pm

She nodded solemnly. "I do not know any other languages, but I have been around them all my life, I think that was helpful. But I am not very good with numbers," she frowns, what if he takes that to mean I cannot manage a house? Shaking her head slightly, like a dog shaking itself out after play, she moved on. "I'm not disappointed in my performance, I hope that will be enough."

She takes another piece of cheese, remembering to use her chopsticks this time.

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:06 pm

"In Rokugan, commerce was often seen as distasteful and beneath a samurai's station. Heimin would usually handle that" Hideo also took another piece with his chopsticks "however I imagine you didn't travel with any, so you would have to handle it. Did you trade with any out in the sands? Were they so different to us in that?"

If he was worried about her maths issues, he clearly didn't show it. He was more interested in Amaya and the conversation.
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:17 pm

Troubled, her brow furrows, a moment ago we were toasting to all we had in common, how did the conversation stray so far? "We travelled so far, for so long, it seems as though there is so little I can equate from that life to the one my future holds. Most of the time I am happy when I look forward, there is so much waiting for me to experience. Yet, sometimes, when I think about how different it will be, I find myself frightened."

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:21 pm

"This is why we have this miai, so you can find one that can help you into your future life. Whether that is myself, or another, you will find a strong match to walk with you into your new life" Hideo offered, hopefully in a comforting way. Although he was quite drunk.

"Besides, you seem quite strong. I think you would do fine."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:23 pm

"I should be honoured if it were you," her voice was very small, cheeks burning, and she couldn't look him in the eye.

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:36 pm

"I would also be honoured" Hideo said with a soft smile as he looked over at the girl, picking his cup up.

"A toast to future husband and wife?"
Seppun Hideo

PreviousNext

Return to Northwestern Yurts