[D2 LE] Sweets, Cheese, and Song (Amaya's Yurt) [Closed]

Re: [D2 LE] Sweets, Cheese, and Song (Amaya's Yurt)

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:59 am

"To the ones we have lost, that they will never truly be gone so long as we keep them in our memory." She swallows the sake, it really is pleasant and easy to drink.

---

Raw Stamina versus Sake - Pass!
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:07 am

Another cup downed. Hideo refilled the cups again.

"I really do like this sake" Hideo commented as he gazed upon the foods "it is your question now, but food first neh? What is this one?" He motions to:

(D2 LE sake!: 11 success)
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:15 am

"It is called rubing. It is cheese made from the milk of the goat, but then it is cut into pieces, lightly salted, and fried. It is one of my favourites, but some people find goat's cheese to have a flavour they dislike. I think I enjoy the preparation more than the cheese," she added thoughtfully, "I suppose I most cheeses would be able to be prepared this way."

She picks up a pair of chopsticks and holds them without any sign that she was new to the utensil. She indicates for Hideo to help himself first.
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:26 am

"Ah, then I picked the correct one to try first if it's one Amaya-san holds so highly!" Hideo seemed pleased with himself, picking up his chopsticks and using them with the grace expected from someone highborn like an Imperial.

He brought the piece up and and took a small bite. He frowned slightly as he chewed it, the taste very foreign and alien to him.

"It is an unusual taste. Not one I can say I enjoyed as much as other...perhaps it's one I have to become more accustomed to. Is goats milk used in quite a few meals?"
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:39 am

She flushed lightly at Hideo's generous words, "please, no offence will be given if the taste does not favour you, it is not for everyone." She deftly picks up a piece of the cheese and, as she transports it to her mouth, the only thing to give away her lack of experience is a slight twist as she turns the food towards herself.

She chews slowly, enjoying the salt on her tongue. "I think this would go very nicely with those..." she frowns slightly, gesturing with her free hand, "from the dinner last night, they were round, like little pillows?" She takes another bite of cheese, buying herself a few more moments to think, "sko-, sko-loops?" She makes an exasperated sound, "they were served on those pretty fan-shaped shells?"

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:03 am

"Scallops? They would indeed go quite well with them" Hideo nodded "the shells are a part of the creature, an outer skin if you will, to protect them and actually help them swim. It's a quite incredible sight to watch" he offered a small nugget of information while taking another bite. He wasn't finding it highly enjoyable, but courtesy demanded he continue.

"If you break it up, it would be easier to pronounce. Scal. Lops. Scallops."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:11 am

"Yes, scallops," she echoed, once reminded the correct pronunciation came easily, and she smiled. "Now, I believe it is my turn to ask a question?" She tapped her chopsticks against her lips as she considered what she should ask.

"Would you tell me a little of your schooling, Hideo-Sama?"

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:18 am

Hideo finished off the food on his chopsticks, putting it down before speaking.

"My father had arranged my schooling. The Seppuns primary duty as you will remember is to protect the Emperor from threats. The main part for a Seppun priest is to learn how to commune with the kami, the spirits that surround us daily. We learn how to pray to them, to appease them. I spent many days in the Seppun libraries studying, reading and learning. I've tried to cover as many topic as I could."

He chuckled.

"This must sound incredibly boring to you."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:26 am

On the contrary, Amaya seems fascinated. "I've never seen a library," she breathes wonderously. Earnestly, "boring is spending every day on horseback watching a world you cannot touch rush by you. My sensei is a great man, but he is only one man. A library..." she inhales, unsure how to finish the sentiment.

"To be so knowledgeable, and surely you must have the favour of the Fortunes, to honour them and as you do." She is clearly impressed.

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:33 am

"It must have been tough to see so much of the world outside, and be unable to touch it" Hideo nodded in understanding "and to have never entered a library...." he paused a moment, then smiled "regardless of what comes of this miai, I shall ensure you have the chance to enter a library and experience a world of knowledge all around you. I promise this on my honour."

He motioned to the cups.

"Shall we drink to that? A promise made over sake must always be kept neh?" He grinned
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:39 am

She blushed and laughed, "drink we shall, for I can think of nothing loftier than Hideo-Sama's honour or his sake."

---

Raw Stamina versus Sake - Pass!

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:44 am

Hideo downs his cup again, puts it down and carefully refills. His hand isn't quite as steady now but he does his best to cover this up.

"Now I believe it is...Amaya-sans choice of food, and my question?"

(D2 LE sake again!:6 - fail!)
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:55 am

If Amaya has noticed any change in Hideo, she gives no sign.

"Boortsog," she says, somewhat matter-of-factly. The plump triangles are dough, puffed from being fried in hot oil, and they have been lashed with butter and sprinkled with sugar. They are slightly crisp on the outside, making a faintly hollow sound when she taps one with her chopsticks. "And ask of me what you will."

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:01 pm

"Boar...tog?" Hideo tried to pronounce "what an unusual name." He moved to pick one up, still quite well even while a little drunk, and bites into one. His eyes widen

"Kami...that is really good" he says after finishing his mouthful. "As for your question, what hobbies do you enjoy when you are not performing your duties for the clan?"
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:15 pm

Her smile suggests that the boortsog is one of her preferred sweets, and she is pleased by his enjoyment. She observes for a long moment before answering, until, finally, "I believe that the wise Hideo-Sama could easily guess two of the things I most enjoy, as he did ask me to sing last night. I also play the kugo," she indicates to the harp in the corner.

"I enjoy calligraphy, though I've had little opportunity to practice beyond what sensei required of me; and I enjoy riding, which I supposed seems uncourtly, but how can anything that makes you feel like the wind herself has lifted you up and let you fly be wrong?"

Ide Amaya

PreviousNext

Return to Northwestern Yurts