(Day 2, EA) Baby Don't Yurt Me (Khulun's Tent, Closed)

(Day 2, EA) Baby Don't Yurt Me (Khulun's Tent, Closed)

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:10 am

Once Butaj learned that his dear cousin Khulun was badly hurt he headed out for the only doctor he knew. Now with Taira in tow, he calls at the flap. "Sayyeda Khulun, I bring a doctor!" Not that he expects her to respond, but he wants her to be prepared. With that, he pulls off the flap and shows the Scorpion in. "Follow Butaj, Soshi Taira."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Re: (Day 2, EA) Baby Don't Yurt Me (Khulun's Tent, Closed)

Postby Moto Khulun on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:13 am

Khulun was laying on pillows and furs in just a simple slip, sweat beads on her forehead as she sat up coughing trying to be presentable.

Trying was the key word. A makeshift dressing was put around the wound, pink now with blood, but thankfully she did not bleed out.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:50 am

Taira hadn't been sure what he was dealing with, but now he was certain it was more serious than a little stomach trouble.

"Ah."

He followed Butaj inside and was, quite suddenly, very businesslike.

"I need to know what happened. If you know, Moto-Butaj-san, spare her having to describe it."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Moto Khulun on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:01 am

Khulun scoffs and says, “I am not a milk maid, there was a battle and I think I may have been poisoned or something foul, but I could not move until only now do I feel life in my arms and legs but they are stiff and things are still blurry.”

“If you are healer, then be welcome.”
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:06 am

"Sayyeda Khulun is strong. Butaj won't presume to know what happened better than her." Taira is compassionate, but Moto are Moto. Butaj stands aside by the flap, guarding the entrance.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:11 am

Taira seemed utterly unconcerned with pride at the moment, instead approaching, already loosing the straps on his satchel.

"I need details, what were you fighting? What struck you? And what symptoms... you said paralysis? It is fading but still present?"

His demeanor shift left his voice a little deeper and more commanding as well, his vision now narrowed in to his work, and the effort it would require.
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Moto Khulun on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:18 am

“It was nightmare thing, I have no words to describe it. Not natural thing, only Massacre could harm it,” she says honestly.

“I struck it many times, more than enough to fell a man but it stood firm. I felt… nothing in my arms for some time, only now do they move and even still I feel not so whole.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:22 am

A nightmare thing.

Oh kami.

"Did it... leave a corpse? Any idea what sort of weapon it struck you with? A barb? A blade? Anything I could use to test for poisons?"

Already he had extracted a handful of vials and jars, along with a collection of small blades, barely an inch long. He laid them out on a thin strip of bandage, along with a small wooden bowl.

Glancing to Butaj, he asked, quietly, "Could you have the servants bring boiled water?"

Soshi Taira

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:26 am

"Right away." Butaj disappears behind the flap for the time necessary to get hot water.

Moto Butaj

Postby Moto Khulun on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:26 am

“Only claws, and I do not think it left a corpse,” she says.
Moto Khulun

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:30 am

Damn. Damn. DAMN.

"Then, my good Moto, you have fought an enemy of the Empire, of this realm, and of heaven. You are both lucky, and impressive, to have survived."

Drawing another set of vials out, he added, "I am first going to clean and open the wound for tending. This will be painful."

With that said, he picked up a small knife, a strip of gauze, and added, "I will have to touch you; I assume you won't mind."

Soshi Taira

Postby Moto Khulun on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:30 am

"Get on with it," she says.
Moto Khulun

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:52 am

So he did.

"Tell me, Moto-sama, did you see where the beast came from? Were others there?"

Talking might keep her distracted.

The blade was first used to cut away the bandage, and then gentle but firm pressure could be felt around the wound. Testing to see if feeling had returned, and with it, pain.

Then Taira began to examine the injury for any rotted, poisoned, or tainted flesh, which might need to be removed. Jagged loose ends were cut away with short, clean motions.

It would hurt, but not gratuitously, he was quite efficient with the blade.

When that was done, he took the gauze and collected it to the side, so the blood would not stain anything, and laid the blade in the bowl to be cleaned.

Once water arrived, he would begin the next stage, but in order to prepare, he began measuring out a fine powder to cleanse the wound of impurities.

Soshi Taira

Postby Moto Khulun on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:00 pm

“No, I did not see it arrive, it was just there, there were other Unicorn, I think I was the only one harmed in the fighting… maybe another a Shinjo. But I have not seen him since. Our horses were unharmed as well,” she says he works.

She grits her teeth every now and then, but she was used to pain and injury so it was a minor thing. She then adds, “You are healer for your kin?”
Moto Khulun

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:05 pm

"I am sure I am not the only one... the clan is much too large to be cared for by one man, but I am indeed perhaps one of the main doctors assigned to the Soshi Magistrates. I help them keep law and order, and ensure none are killed in the line of duty."

Taira rested on his heels, planning how he would handle the wound, holding a bandage against it gently to soak up the slow flow of blood and keep it under control.

Oh yes... blood...

"Please chew this, it will help with the bleeding."

An herb was presented, small and rather crunchy. It would help the blood coagulate.

"If others of your kin were injured... perhaps you could ask your kinsman to bring them. I would like to ensure they are also well."

Soshi Taira

Next

Return to Northwestern Yurts