The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evening]

Re: The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evenin

Postby Mindshred on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:56 am

The Ide hosts motion to the servants, who begin to gradually remove the uneaten food from the tables, signalling the end of the dinner. They're not pushing anyone out the door, but it's clear that things are starting to wind down.
Mindshred

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:14 am

Yuzuki wrote:"Well, so long as the horse agrees, I guess it's alright. If I called Kon that... well, he probably wouldn't care either way because he's kind of stupid. And I'm not sure that cats really care one way or the other about *anything* we do anyhow."

Liu Fei just looked at the Mantis for a moment, she seemed young a lot younger than her sister but than Yue's height likely had something to do with that. Perhaps they were nearly the same age but with all she knew it seemed like this Mantis was barely more than a kid. Coupled with the general cuteness she seemed to hold to herself over the conversation Fei had gotten it in her mind to think of her as such, a kid.

Anyway, she shook her head lightly and casually rose when she noticed the servants starting to clean up, "Time to get moving, out of the way Mantis-san, thank you for the conversation this evening it was... memorable."
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:22 am

The tall Unicorn muffled a sigh of relief when the plates of food in front of her were taken away. She then bowed to the bear woman after their discussion was over. "Thank you for the pleasant conversation, Kumahime-dono. Let us speak again on another occasion."

She made her way over to her sister. With her height, it was easy to make her way over to Fei. "Big sis, I'll see you later. Something isn't agreeing with me," she muttered to her older sister. She gave the Mantis a deep bow and then excused herself from the area. She hoped that Fei could cover up any social slight made.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:42 am

Moshi Asakiko wrote:"Because Lady Amaterasu give the beautiful flowers her blessings as many seemed to be kissed by the sun. I want to show the beauty of those flowers blessed by her beauty." The Moshi replied. "Hopefully Seppun sama you will be able to learn the arts."

"A very Centipede answer" Hideo chuckled "forgive me for my naiveity in my question Moshi-san. As for the arts, perhaps i will have the opportunity while here to learn them? I have met quite a few artistic types within the clans, Unicorn included. Perhaps even Moshi-san will have a chance to display her art? I'm curious what flower arrangements could be created with the wild flowers of the Unicorn."
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:42 am

Soshi Taira wrote:Taira contemplated that statement.

"I think the Crab may disagree. There are some among them who drink sake like water."

With a halfhearted shrug, he added. "I have always viewed it as the end of a meal. A way to wrap up an evening."

"I would say kumis is the way to begin a celebration," Saksaha says with a laugh. "And arkhi to end it. Mostly, because when the men have had enough arkhi they stop."

She surveys the clearing tables around them thoughtfully and adds, "Maybe that is why I see little of it here--the Ide don't want to lay us all out before the betrothal feast."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:31 am

The Moshi smiled. "Perhaps I will if there is such artistic even during this Miai." The Asakiko chuckled at a thought. "Unless you would want to a company me in gathering some flowers and see me arrange them. I don't mean to impose Seppun sama." She gave the man a bow. "It would be quite the honor if Seppun sama did such thing."
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:38 am

Moshi Asakiko wrote:The Moshi smiled. "Perhaps I will if there is such artistic even during this Miai." The Asakiko chuckled at a thought. "Unless you would want to a company me in gathering some flowers and see me arrange them. I don't mean to impose Seppun sama." She gave the man a bow. "It would be quite the honor if Seppun sama did such thing."

"While I would be pleased to accompany you, would it not be something to share with a potential spouse?" Hideo suggested "have any caught your eye?"
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:50 am

Iuchi Batul wrote:
Kaiu Hiroji wrote:Hiroji nods. "True. It is rarely that a place matters when one drinks."

Batul bowed to the leaving Yasuki and turned her attention to the Kaiu. "Maybe Kaiu Hiroji-san can exblain more about his duty, do you have any stories on the fight?"

Hiroji nods. "I do, but maybe another time. I am afraid I might need some rest from this... Food. As delicious as it was, my stomach just is not built for it. But thank you for the pleasant evening." Hiroji bows to leave.
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

Status: 1.0 - Honor: What is Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Courtship Points: 2

"..."

Carries with him: Sturdy Clothing, Walking Stick, Chopsticks, Small Mirror
Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:58 am

Seppun Hideo wrote:
Moshi Asakiko wrote:The Moshi smiled. "Perhaps I will if there is such artistic even during this Miai." The Asakiko chuckled at a thought. "Unless you would want to a company me in gathering some flowers and see me arrange them. I don't mean to impose Seppun sama." She gave the man a bow. "It would be quite the honor if Seppun sama did such thing."

"While I would be pleased to accompany you, would it not be something to share with a potential spouse?" Hideo suggested "have any caught your eye?"

"It is too early for me to say. We just arrived Seppun sama. I was setting up my divination booth." She sighed. "Not many would like a wife like I."
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Moshi Asakiko

Postby Yuzuki on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:37 am

Shinjo Liu Fei wrote:Anyway, she shook her head lightly and casually rose when she noticed the servants starting to clean up, "Time to get moving, out of the way Mantis-san, thank you for the conversation this evening it was... memorable."

Out of the way? Huh?

"Oh," she did in fact get out of the way. "Yes, likewise. Uh, have a nice evening."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:44 am

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:"Thank you Moto-san. I look forward to meeting again."

She turns to Otaku-san, her eyes lit up. Kogo cannot hide the pride on her face, but that is nothing new for a member of the Lion Clan. "You do me too much honor Otaku-san. But I am glad to say that the Otaku have shown themselves to be true samurai and true warriors, in their honor and in their honoring of their ancestors. " She raises her voice in response. "Glory to our newly returned cousins, the Unicorn Clan! Glory to the children of Shinjo and the women of Otaku!"

Chi-Pu smiles at the Matsu and nods to Khulun.

"I look forward to many more meals with you, Lion!"

Her stomach growls again

"But for now, I must go walk to settle my stomach. Shrimp does not seem to agree with me."

/exit

"And I with with you, Otaku-san" She walks out, carefully holding her stomach.

/exit.
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:06 am

Moshi Asakiko wrote:"It is too early for me to say. We just arrived Seppun sama. I was setting up my divination booth." She sighed. "Not many would like a wife like I."

"A wife who can divine the future? An artist, and a pious soul as well as a priestess?"

Hideo smiled and shook his head.

"I must disagree. I think many would welcome a talented wife such as yourself."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:13 am

Seppun Hideo wrote:
Moshi Asakiko wrote:"It is too early for me to say. We just arrived Seppun sama. I was setting up my divination booth." She sighed. "Not many would like a wife like I."

"A wife who can divine the future? An artist, and a pious soul as well as a priestess?"

Hideo smiled and shook his head.

"I must disagree. I think many would welcome a talented wife such as yourself."

The Moshi slightly blush. "I thank you for reminding me of my talents." Asakiko gave the Seppun a bow. " What are your talents, Seppun sama?"

Moshi Asakiko

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:14 am

Iuchi Saksaha wrote:"I would say kumis is the way to begin a celebration," Saksaha says with a laugh. "And arkhi to end it. Mostly, because when the men have had enough arkhi they stop."

She surveys the clearing tables around them thoughtfully and adds, "Maybe that is why I see little of it here--the Ide don't want to lay us all out before the betrothal feast."

"Ah. So it is the Sochu of the Unicorn then."

A faint smile.

"Sake, while less flavorful, is strong. Sochu is much stronger still."

Shrugging, he added. "So I don't know what manner of bird or fish this is, but it is quite delightful." Picking what was, most likely, sheep, from his bowl, he examined it quietly.

Surely it was a bird of some sort, yes?
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:21 am

Moshi Asakiko wrote:The Moshi slightly blush. "I thank you for reminding me of my talents." Asakiko gave the Seppun a bow. " What are your talents, Seppun sama?"

"It was my pleasure" Hideo returned the bow "however my talents are far less interesting. I'm a scholar by nature, and I have tried to cover as many topics as I can. Beyond that and my calligraphy, I'm truly not that exciting."
Seppun Hideo

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center