[D2, EM] Oni Aftermath

[D2, EM] Oni Aftermath

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:20 am

((This thread happens immediately after the events Here))

As the sun began to rise, Amaterasu's light mixed with the yurt fires, painting the morning sky in a brilliant orange glow. Confused voices and excited shouts begin to fill the Northwestern encampment as samurai and heimen alike begin to stir, woken by the sounds of battle, shouts from Chi-Pu, the smell of fire, or simply their usual morning routine.

Chi-Pu kneels on the ground, clutching her stomach in pain, a slight wetness on her lips in accompaniment to a large pile of unsavory and unpleasant smelling vomit next to her. Her makeup is smudged, smeared, and streaked, and ash from the fire settles in her hair, all clear signs of the combat from the late night encounter with a demon of Jigoku.

Tianma towers over the woman, standing guard of her.

"We must..."

She grunts as her stomach growls again and she wretches, no longer able to vomit up any more.

"We must get a healer for Khulan, Tianma.."
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Re: [D2, EM] Oni Aftermath

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:49 am

The Hare had heard all the commotion, and hurriedly dressed herself for modesty's sake rather than to impress anyone, skipping all makeup and fineries as she dashed out with her healer's kit to help.

"Dear Kami, what happened?" Tomoe gasped at the sight of the scene, but quickly put her own questions aside as she saw Chi-Pu on the ground.

"Unicorn-sama, are you hurt?!" she rushed to the Otaku, then upon seeing the fearsome Otaku horse standing over her, she thought better of it and stopped a good few meters away. "I'm a trained healer, I can help!"
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:54 am

Chi-Pu looks up from the ground at the Hare woman and tries to stand again.

"I...I am fine. My body feels weak and my stomach cannot keep anything down, but there are two others who are wounded gravely."

Using Tianma as a balance, the Otaku manages to make it to her feet and she bows very slightly to the Hare. As she bows, her stomach lets out another loud growl and Chi-Pu fights to resist the strong urge to wretch.

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:02 am

Having dressed, Amaya leaves her yurt to fill her teapot. At the sight that confronts her, she almost drops the heavy iron pot. "Fortune's breath," she hisses, frozen between rushing in to assist or rushing away to find assistance.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:05 am

It didn't seem like Chi-Pu was in any condition to point them out to her, so Tomoe went on to see if she could find the wounded ones.

The rabbit was unconcerned about getting her hands dirty as she put set her mind to the task ahead; people were hurt, and she would help however she could!

---

(going to be AFK from rolling, so first person who wants healing can have this)
D2 EM Medicine/Int. 1 raise. TN 20: 6d10o10k4 31
D2 EM Medicine Healing.: 2d10o10k1 8
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:28 pm

"What in the name of... what is this? Is everyone well?" Saksaha jogs over barefoot, her hair still in the loose braid she'd slept in. Her belt pouch is slung over one shoulder, and the smell of smoke means she has her fire prevention charm clutched ready in one hand.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Fairuz Kaiya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:31 pm

Kaiya awoke and stepped out from... somewhere. It was a new day, and he was ready to take it on, whatever it brought!

...the smell of burning flesh.. and too much smoke on the air to simply be someone's failed cooking.

A little unexpected, but the Fairuz moved to find the source, bringing himself onto the scene.

"What has happened here?"
House Fairuz • Shugenja • Curious • Quantum Horsing
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 3
Carried Items: Flute, journal, knife, miniature go set, scroll satchel, wakizashi, writing kit.
Languages: Mekhem
Fairuz Kaiya

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:55 pm

((Taichi will join us for the heal roll, Khulun got taken to her tent and passed out))

Seeing the crowd of non-Unicorn gathering, Chi-Pu stood up a little straighter, trying to ignore her throbbing stomach, aching body, and hazy head.

"There...there was a creature that attacked us!"

She points toward the burning yurts.

Ptaku Kotakuhime-sama, Moto Khulun-san, and Shinjo Taichi-san and I defeated it, but Moto and Shinjo-san are both greatly injured!"

Shw clutches her stomach as she points

"We must put out the fire before it spreads!"

Then, thinking of how the creature departed, she points to the patch of sand

"Do not step where the beast fell though! I fear the sand must not be disturbed!"

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:03 pm

Well, one part of that is easily within Saksaha's power. She mutters for a moment over her charm, which looks something like a stone cinder elaborately wrapped in copper wire, and the flames die out.

"Please, Otaku-sama, slow down. This beast is not here now. Should we summon the bushi to pursue it?"

((Fluff casting of Extinguish, will investigate when I can roll dice))
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description

On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:14 pm

Chi-Pu begins to nod, and then shakes her head no.

"We have banished it for now, but it said it would return. Our warriors must be ready though I know not for what."

She grimaces in pain and turns to the side, wretching yet not producing and vomit. Her body shakes and she looks pale, despite her tanned skin and application of tlher now ruined makeup.

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Fairuz Kaiya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:20 pm

"A creature?! Here?"

You aren't even going South of the Spine, Kaiya! What would you possibly need jade for? Bakana...!

"And what of you, Otaku-san? Perhaps one should sit down to avoid further exertion.."

His attention turned to the fouled sand that was pointed out as he trailed off. "Bushi.. no. We may need the Jade Magistrates to deal with this." He went through the list of attendees in his head, trying to think if anyone suitable was even present...
Carried Items: Flute, journal, knife, miniature go set, scroll satchel, wakizashi, writing kit.
Fairuz Kaiya

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:21 pm

Amaya finds a place to set down her teapot and instead finds a water skin. She approaches Chi-Pu cautiously, as if the ground had been replaced with quicksand and she feared being swallowed up at any moment. Offering Chi-Pu the water, "Otaku-San, you need to sit, please."
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:29 pm

She looks to the ronin and blinks

"Jade Magistrates? "

Her voice trails off and she shakes her head.

"No, we must not alert anyone else until Ide-sama has been informed of what has happened. We cannot have mass panic"

Chi-Pu lets go of Tianma and tries to take a step, only to stumble, her fall only adverted by the massive horses neck.

She returns to using her horse as a balance.

"I am fine! Taichi and Khulun were the only who were injured."

Her stomach growls

"My condition must be from something else."

Her voice is almost a whisper in shame

"Bad food, I think"

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:14 pm

"Are those other two here now?" Saksaha looks about; nobody is yelling in pain at least. "And what is this Jade Magistrate, why should we need him?"

As far as Chi-Pu's rather dramatic but safely ordinary food poisoning... she sighs. "Too many sea oysters. I see." The destruction around them at least indicates that the whole incident wasn't just a hallucination caused by bad seafood, but it's still no good to have a Battle Maiden hacking up her stomach contents instead of upholding the honor of the Clan. "Just come here and hold still, Otaku-sama, let me help with that."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Fairuz Kaiya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:42 pm

"Magistrates of the Jade Champion.. currently Fairuz-sama, the head of my family."

Kaiya squat down about a spear's length away from the tainted sand, looking over it. "Crimes involving dark magic fall under their jurisdiction, and if a being like this appearing in the camps isn't the result of such a crime.. then from where else could it have come? I have never seen befouled earth such as this in these lands."
Fairuz Kaiya

Next

Return to Northwestern Yurts