Absolutely undignified (Day 1, Late Evening)

Re: Absolutely undignified (Day 1, Late Evening)

Postby Asako Yuki on Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:58 pm

Yuki tilted her head slightly. It seemed Butaj had found something the Asako wasn't familiar with. "Bariko? Is that some sort of instrument?"
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:09 pm

"Bariqu is the Moto martial art, a wrestling style hailing way back to the times of the Ujik-hai." Butaj explains. "Lady Shinjo liked it a lot because it was a bloodless way to resolve challenges between leaders of tribes and so working well with her Law of kin not ever killing kin. But leadership disputes between tarkhans are a thing of the past and today it's mostly a sport, one almost all the Unicorn enjoy." Butaj explains, happy to respond to her curiosity.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:38 pm

Seppun Hideo wrote:Hideo took a half step back as Amaya prepared, giving her space and giving her an encouraging nod. When she started to sing, Hideo looked on approvingly.

She has a brilliant voice. Truly the first true gem within the rough of the Unicorn. I had only viewed those of importance as worthy of consideration, but this one...she's certainly worth noting.

He smiled warmly

I shall have to see how tomorrow will be...

Hideo looked over at the others to see what their opinion of the singing was.

As the last, long note faded, she took a deep breath and looked at Hideo. Her fan was still folded, leaving her face open and guileless, vulnerable.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:17 am

Hideo was surprised that the big Moto didn't join in; he seemed the musical kind.

Maybe wooing that Phoenix is more important? It is a miai I guess.

Hideo bowed deeply in respect to Amaya then approached again.

"You have a lovely voice Ide-san. Thank you for the performance."
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:35 am

She unfolds the fan carefully and brings it up to her face, but she is smiling. "Seppun-Sama, you honour me." She closes her eyes a moment and sighs. It has been a long day and she torn between her exhaustion and the attentions of the kind Imperial.
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:11 am

"You honour me with such a performance Ide-san. A truly beautiful way to finish a day."

Hideo noted the sigh. An Otomo would keep going, but he was no Otomo.

"I hope you will forgive this one, but it has been a long day. I only arrived this morning after all, so I shall be retiring to bed for the night. My apologies for cutting out time short, but we will see each other tomorrow" he gave her a smile.
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:16 am

Relief and disappointment mingled in her expression, but she could feel a yawn that was getting more and more difficult to stifle. "No forgiveness is required, Seppun-Sama, today has been interesting, and more is promised tomorrow. A good rest is certainly advised. I will be counting the hours until tomorrow evening."

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:19 am

"As will I, Ide-san" Hideo said quietly, bowing to the girl.

"May the Fortunes watch over you. See you tomorrow."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Asako Yuki on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:25 am

Moto Butaj wrote:"Bariqu is the Moto martial art, a wrestling style hailing way back to the times of the Ujik-hai." Butaj explains. "Lady Shinjo liked it a lot because it was a bloodless way to resolve challenges between leaders of tribes and so working well with her Law of kin not ever killing kin. But leadership disputes between tarkhans are a thing of the past and today it's mostly a sport, one almost all the Unicorn enjoy." Butaj explains, happy to respond to her curiosity.

"So it's like Sumai then? Well, not in history, I don't think. But sumai is our form of wrestling." She looked over Butaj and giggled a little. "I don't think you're built for that though. Sumai wrestlers are big." She held out her hands to her side to indicate the extra weight.

Asako Yuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:33 am

Butaj nodded appreciatively to Amaya's singing, but now he has his own maiden to impress. At Yuki's words he frowns. "Butaj may not be very fat, but he's strong." He rolls up his sleeve and flexes his biceps right before the Phoenix. "Asako Yuki can check for herself if she disbelieves in the strength and wrestling prowess of Butaj."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Yuki on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:57 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:Butaj nodded appreciatively to Amaya's singing, but now he has his own maiden to impress. At Yuki's words he frowns. "Butaj may not be very fat, but he's strong." He rolls up his sleeve and flexes his biceps right before the Phoenix. "Asako Yuki can check for herself if she disbelieves in the strength and wrestling prowess of Butaj."

Yuki's eyes went a bit wide and she flushed in embarrassment as her hands slipped into her sleeves. "No, no, that's quite alright Moto-san. I believe you." She did look at his arm, but not for long as she kept glancing down at her knees quickly. "Very different from Sumai." She agreed.

Asako Yuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:57 am

Butaj smiles and ends his demonstration. "Does Asako Yuki enjoy watching wrestling in general?"

Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Yuki on Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:40 am

Yuki shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know really. I've only seen a few displays. They were impressive, but I'm not sure." She paused for a moment. "Probably nothing like your bariko though."

Asako Yuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:48 am

"Then Asako Yuki can see for herself tomorrow whether she likes Butaj's Bariqu or not, if you find the time." The man sat up with a small smile. "Butaj will fight to impress Asako Yuki anyway for even if you won't be there you still may hear people talking about the prowess of Butaj."

Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Yuki on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:45 am

Yuki frowned slightly at that, her Phoenix upbringing showing true. "That won't be necessary, Moto-san." She explained. "I don't think one should fight just to impress another."

Asako Yuki

PreviousNext

Return to Northwestern Yurts