[D2 LE] Sweets, Cheese, and Song (Amaya's Yurt) [Closed]

Re: [D2 LE] Sweets, Cheese, and Song (Amaya's Yurt)

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:53 am

Hideo picked up the spoon, watching Amaya eating the yogurt. It certainly made for interesting viewing, and certainly could be seen in a more seductive way if one were so inclined.

He moves to hold the bowl with his hand, his fingers catching hers as he carefully scoops a small amount out, and like she did he brought the spoon up to his lips to take a little from the spoon. His eyes widen slightly, not expecting the taste to be quite like that!

"That is a very unique taste...I cannot say I have tried something like this before. Quite...hai, I can see why you say tartness."
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:03 am

Her eyes widen as their fingers touch but, more accustomed to physical contact than the Rokugani, she does not jerk away, and instead withdraws gently. She takes another taste from the spoon before turning it over and innocently licking the bowl of the spoon clean with a quick motion of her pink tongue.

Placing the spoon off to one side so that it will not get mixed up with the remaining clean spoons, she looks up at him. She doesn't raise her head, instead looking up through long, dark lashes. "I think a mouthful of your sweet sake will wash that down perfectly."
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:15 am

Hideo took a moment to finish the yogurt on the spoon, before nodding and playing the spoon down carefully away from the other utensils. He picked the cup up, considering whether to toast again or not.

"A lovely idea Amaya-san. Would you join me in another drink then?" He smiled down at her.
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:24 am

"My pleasure," and she picks up the sake cup, bringing it to her lips. "Kham-pi?" her pronunciation is slightly off and the tone slightly questioning, but she drinks happily, letting the flavours mingle on her tongue and the sake warm her throat.

---

Raw Stamina versus Sake - Great Success!
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:30 am

"Kanpai" he echoed in chorus, taking a deep drink. [url=http://orokos.com/roll/504415]No concerns for his state of drunkenness.

He was quick to refill cups again.

"I would say this has all started off very well" Hideo said in a happy tone "perhaps my dinner companion would share a little more about herself? I would certainly like to get to know you better."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:40 am

"Perhaps I can offer a compromise, Hideo-Sama? Ask me anything you wish, I shall answer the best I can, but then you will allow me to ask a question of you?"

If she were the artful type, her smile would seem sly, "and when you have answered, we shall sample another of the delicacies from the table?"

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:44 am

"Ah, a game of questions? What a wonderful idea" Hideo clearly approved "I shall be happy to answer any questions you have for me also."

He paused to consider a question.

"Would you tell me about your family? Parents, or brother and sisters."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:58 am

She seems excited to play, but at the question her eyes darken. She slowly draws her fan from her obi, tracing the smooth waves of the dark lacquered slat on the top-most side. Realising she is fidgeting, she abruptly tucks the fan away again.

"My mother was a bushi of the Moto clan, it is from her that I learned my love of horses. Father was an Ide Emissary, for his gempukku he petitioned sensei for special permission to broker a marriage: his own." This brought some of the light back to her eyes, and she looked up to where the roof flap had been left open to admit the night air and help cool the yurt, the Lord Moon's light streaming in.

"Neither of my parents are here in the village," she added matter-of-factly, "I came alone for the ma-ai."

Hesitantly, "no siblings." She pauses and closes her mouth suddenly, leaving something - something large - unsaid.

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:02 am

Hideo could read between the lines; he lowered his head.

"Forgive me for bringing up such a painful subject Amaya-san. It was not my intent to cause you any distress, I merely wished to know more about the charming lady whose company I am enjoying" he bowed to the girl "and it seems in my interest in Amaya-san, I had instead caused her pain."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:08 am

Shaking her head, "my apologies, Hideo-Sama, it was an innocent question." She reaches across the chabudai, as if she intended to touch the Imperial's sleeve, but corrects herself at the last moment, grasping the sake cup, but not lifting it.

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:10 am

Hideo noticed the motion from the corner of his eye, and moved his hand to rest on her sleeve instead for a few moments. "You have no need to apologize Amaya-san. Perhaps instead of food, we take a drink and move onto a different question?"

He waited a few more moments before moving his hand from her sleeve, and picking his cup up.
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:14 am

She murmurs, "I would never dishonour Hideo-Sama by suggesting that he is trying to side-slip his turn answering a question, but if it pleases you to drink first, then I would be honoured to oblige."

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:24 am

"Ah..." Hideo shook his head "forgive me, I had thought you would wish to move on from this subject."

He put his cup back down.

"My father, Seppun Moritaka, is a very talented priest of the kami. However, instead of serving the hidden guard, he chose to guide the next generation as a sensei. He is a very serious man, and doesn't suffer foolishness easily. My mother...I never knew her. She died, childbirth my father says. The same reason I have no brothers or sisters."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:36 am

"I'm so terribly sorry, Hideo-Sama," and indeed her expression is troubled. She picks up her sake cup, "it seems that both our families are missing important pieces. Shall we toast to the ones we have lost?"

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:51 am

Hideo nodded, picking up his cup again. He smiled at the woman.

"You are most kind Amaya-san. That is a wonderful toast."

He raised his cup.

"To those we have lost, and the fond memories we have of them."
Seppun Hideo

PreviousNext

Return to Northwestern Yurts