D2, LM - What Ails You? (Dong-ha's yurt)

D2, LM - What Ails You? (Dong-ha's yurt)

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:07 am

Morning had come and Yukarin had found that her swelling had gone down... but the nausea and the grumbling in her stomach were still as bad as ever. After braving through the early morning she'd finally decided to seek some help. Surely, after all, there had to be someone with herbs or prayers that would help?

After asking around she was directed to a tent in the Iuchi section of the camp, clearing her throat and announcing herself outside.
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Re: D2, LM - What Ails You? (Dong-ha's yurt)

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:14 am

(OOC: We might be getting company bit later, you are not the only one needing help.)

Dong-Ha, for his part, had slept like a baby. The dinner had been exquisite, and while he had been confused about the origin of the crustaceans the feast combined with the evening stroll with the Scorpion had meant that he'd fallen asleep as soon as he had laid down.

Having returned from what remained of the Shrine of the Emerald Champion, Dong-Ha now sat by a small flickering fire in his tent, brewing a smaller pot of milk tea. "Come in." he quipped, hearing someone outside.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:28 am

Yukarin was much different looking than yesterday, in her manner at least. Where as she'd been vivacious and hale looking, today she was sluggish, down, pale, and sweaty. Perhaps it was just the growing heat of the day... but it seemed more than that.

"Ah, good morning Dong-ha-sama. I apologize if I am interrupting anything..."

She closed the yurt's flap behind her, standing with her arm in her other hand.
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:41 am

"Hmm, no it's fine. I've been up for a while now." Dong-Ha shook his head softly as he appraised Yukarin. "What ails you, cousin?" He wasn't much of a people person, but could still see that something bothered his kinswoman. "Please sit down."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:46 am

"Hai, thank you."

Her tone was bland, tired, as she took a seat.

"I... think I must have eaten something that disagreed with me last night. I had a strange illness after the meal, and its effects haven't gone away after a night's rest."

Yukarin gave a small sigh.

"From the rumours I heard around camp I'm not the only one... but at least you seem all right."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:04 am

"You got the runs, eh?" Dong-ha asked nonchalantly. His mother, being a healer, had had no decency when it came to the bodily functions and Dong-Ha had inherited some of her nature. "Must have been those delicous pink little curlies." Everyone knew that milk was healthy after all.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:23 am

If Yukarin was put off by the bluntness of his assessment, it didn't show at least. And it was at least partially true anyways. "Those odd little fish? But... the Scorpion and Dragon I had talked to both said they seemed fine. And I thought they tasted decent enough at least..."

She frowned, "Still, maybe I am allergic? They say you can be allergic to many types of foods; One of my grandfathers was allergic to nuts for instance, if I recall."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:48 am

"What else it could be. Milk was fresh, I think." he shrugged. "Maybe the locals are used to them? Then again, I didn't have any problems." Dong-Ha patted his belly to make the point.

"Anyway, if you want I can make you feel better for now."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:11 am

"So I was told," Yukarin said with a slight smile, "I am happy to hear they were right. Do you need anything from me then? Help gathering anything or such?"

She imagined, from her experience with medicines in the past, it would likely be a tincture or herbs boiled up, but she couldn't be sure it wasn't mystical with an Iuchi.
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:22 am

"Nah, let's say you owe me a.. small favor." Dong-Ha shrugged. He didn't need anything now, but chances were he might need something later. "Please lay down." Waiting her to sort herself out, Dong-Ha pushed a hand inside his robes as he sought for a particular charm he deemed necessary. "This won't hurt... and it'll only take a moment."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:03 am

A small favour? Well, better to owe a cousin within the Family than some outsider I suppose.

Yukarin gave a nod before looking around, moving some cushions and sorting out her robes so that, when she laid down, nothing bunched up on her.

"Mmmm. I'm not exactly afraid of medicine... or the prayers of the Iuchi of course. Though my parents actually focus more on applications of Fire rather than more healing elements like Water and Earth."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:55 am

"I know, I know." Dong-Ha mumbled in a reassuring tone. His mother's patients tended to say the same, which made him think that the superstitious Unicorn had their concerns when it came to magic. "My focus is the element of earth that protects and cleanses us." With a deliberate motion, he placed a multifaceted green-grey stone on Yukari's abdomen. "Tahhara." Dong-Ha uttered a single syllable with deep, determined voice much akin to a goat herder guiding her herd, and the stone began to glow, filling the tent with eerie greenish glow.

Slowly, Yukarin could feel the energies of the stone flowing throughout her body, pushing away the nausea and feebleness. "Rest for a moment..." Dong-Ha added as the glow began to die. "But you should be good for now."

(OOC: Earth Spell slot used to cast Jurojin's Balm)
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:37 am

Fortunately Jurojin smiled on the young woman, and within even a short of a time as a minute, her stomach as back to its cheerful hungry self.

Yukarin smiled up at Dong-ha, stone still resting on her robes, "That is... wonderful. Thank you."

Her stomach gave a whine and she blushed a little, "Though it seems my stomach is now upset at me for skipping breakfast."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:07 pm

Without much ceremony Dong-Ha scooped the stone from Yukarin's belly and pocketed the stone within his robes. "You are welcome." He bobbed his head at her. "If I were you, I'd still take it easy. Especially with the food, neh." a casual wave of his hand indicated that she could sit up whenever she wanted to.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:13 pm

And sit up she did, "...well, waiting for lunch wouldn't be a bad idea certainly. But I could really go for a big ox steak with melted butter right about now, at least from how I feel."

Stretching her neck a little she put her hands on her knees before standing ip and bowing, "That went very smoothly indeed; Thank you for sharing your gifts of healing with me, sama."
Iuchi Yukarin

Next

Return to Northwestern Yurts