[D2 EA] A Picnic

[D2 EA] A Picnic

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:49 am

Some distance from the Duelling Ring, but not too close to the Shrine, a half tatami has been laid on the grass. There are a number of covered bowls and four sets of chopsticks have been placed in the centre. There are four bowls and four cups, and large skin of kumis.

Amaya is already seated, feet tucked neatly under her, fidgeting with the folded fan in her lap, waiting as patiently as she can for her lunch dates.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Re: [D2 EA] A Picnic

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:24 am

Some moments later another figure waded to the tatami. The newcomer was clad in a purple grey robe woven from fine wool and carried a number of trinkets and charms hanging from his belt. His long, dark hair was tied on a pony tail that hung along his neck.

"Good day Ide-san." Dong-Ha quipped to Amaya as soon as he got close enough to be heard. "Thank you for your invitation." He plopped down by the tatami, crossing his legs in front oh him. "Kumis? This early?" An inquisitive eyebrow rose.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:28 am

She smiled, "our Moto cousins drink kumis with every meal, with no mind to the time of day, and I thought our guests might like enjoy the authentic experience."
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:34 am

"Yeah, but our quests aren't exactly Moto." he chided her. The frail little Scorpion he had seen the previous evening had had enough problem with the dinner. He didn't quite want to think what fermented milk would do to her frail physique. "Who are we waiting for, anyway?" Dong-Ha asked, looking down at the tatami to see if there was anything he could nibble on.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:40 am

"Of course, Dong-Ha-san," she looks at her hands, suitably chastised.

Noticing his gaze, without flourish, Amaya opens the first bowl, revealing a number of buuz and manti, meat-filled dumplings, the first type are steamed, the second type boiled. The next bowl contains more meat-filled dumplings, khuushuur, but these have been fried in mutton fat so they are crisp on the outside.

Bowl three contains meatballs, generously plied with a sticky sauce with a reddish sheen. Next comes thin strips of meat that have been dried then sauteed in butter. The final bowl contains slices of roast pork, the edges of the meat are dark and slightly sticky from being marinaded in a mixture of soy sauce, miso, and kumis.

"Bayushi Suteichi-Sama suggested the lunch, and invited Bayushi Hotaru-Sama to join. I thought it might be nice if I brought a cousin along for Hotaru-Sama to meet."

Ide Amaya

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:06 am

Oh goodie... Dong-Ha mused to himself as he eyed the offerings. "You come well prepared Ide-san. That looks absolutely delicious! Did you prepare these yourself?" He could feel his stomach growling. "This is not a lunch, this is a feast." Iuchi mystic offered Amaya an earnest smile.

"I see, though, you might not believe me, but I bumped to Bayushi Hotaru-san the other night. I helped her to find her tent." He enough courtesy not to mention her ailment, though. "Still, I don't mind." Dong-Ha looked up from the tatami. "Not when the offerings are this grand."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:17 am

"Cooking is not high among my skills, I fear," and it occurs to her that it was an ability a potential spouse might be interested in, an ability she lacked, "but I do have some family connections. They must prepare the food for us all, I merely transported this portion to a more suitable location."

"I suppose I should not be surprised you have met Hotaru-Sama already, cousin, and a noble thing indeed, helping her. I hope that you will enjoy her company again."

Ide Amaya

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:46 am

"Ah. Maybe mention that to Bayushi-san so that he won't jump into conclusions." He had jumped, that much was sure. "Still... quite the offering you have managed to gather. Your family must do rather well..." Dong-Ha hoped that the Scorpion would understand the wealth that was required to turn a humble lunch into a feast. The time and effort that went into the dishes could have been used in many ways.

"She seemed kind, so I'd like to think so." Dong-Ha didn't bother to mention that Hotaru had also been pretty. He didn't want to risk the Ide blurting that out while they were eating. "And very curious about us, too."

"Anyone of us would have helped her."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:23 am

Approaching was Bayushi Suteichi dressed in a not-too-formal kimono. His raven hair was neat and fully down, resting over his shoulders and back. He carried with him his samisen and his own tea cup and chopsticks in his sleeve.

"Blessed afternoon to you Lady Ide-san." Suteichi greeted with a formal bow. "A most delightful location for this gathering. These fields are made brighter by your presence and this plenteous spread you have." He turned his attention to Dong-Ha and offered a faint but polite smile and greeting.

"Honored Unicorn-sama, this one is Bayushi Suteichi. Apprentice courtier of the Scorpion clan. An honor to have you here and to make your acquaintance." Suteichi gave him a deep bow and then awaited to be seated.
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:27 am

Just as they were talking about her, Hotaru appeared around the corner too. The raising heat didn't do her any favours when it came to sporting her favoured coats. Instead, she opted for an ornate black robe and hakama (quite like the one on her current avatar, actually). She greeted both Unicorn with a bright smile and a polite bow. "Konnichwa, minasan! I hope everyone is having a good day so far?"
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:33 am

Blushing furiously, Amaya scrambles to her feet, self-consciously smoothing her kimono, "Bayushi-Sama," but she doesn't know how to continue, so instead she bows deeply. "You brought you samisen, you honour me," and she gestures vaguely to the kugo - a type of "lap" harp - resting on the grass nearby.

"And Hotaru-Sama, such excellent timing. Please, may I invite you both to sit?"

Ide Amaya

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:59 am

Dong-Ha abandoned the food for moment and rose up to offer the two Scorpion a bow. "Good afternoon, Bayushi-san, well met. This one is Iuchi Dong-Ha, son of Iuchi Dong-Suk." He greeted Suteichi before turning his attention to Hotaru. "Ah, Bayushi-san. I see we meet again." Dong-Ha's greeting was accompanied by a faint smile. "I hope your day has been pleasant so far?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:18 am

Ide Amaya wrote:Blushing furiously, Amaya scrambles to her feet, self-consciously smoothing her kimono, "Bayushi-Sama," but she doesn't know how to continue, so instead she bows deeply. "You brought you samisen, you honour me," and she gestures vaguely to the kugo - a type of "lap" harp - resting on the grass nearby.

"And Hotaru-Sama, such excellent timing. Please, may I invite you both to sit?"

Suteichi bowed to his arriving clansmen and then again to Dong-Ha and took his seat. He wondered why some the Unicorn took up such foreign names. To him it was almost like nails on chalkboard. Nonetheless, he put that out of his mind to enjoy the meal of meats and...

"Might I ask what is that?" he asked gesturing to the sack of Kumis.
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:26 am

"Kumis, but there is tea if you prefer." She glanced at cousin Dong-Ha and added uncertainly, "I do hope you enjoy the lunch, I tried to avoid any of the dairy-heavy foods, I know that they were not entirely well received. But I do need to say that I cannot take credit for this wonderful food, it was not prepared by myself."

Ide Amaya

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:08 pm

Ide Amaya wrote:"Kumis, but there is tea if you prefer." She glanced at cousin Dong-Ha and added uncertainly, "I do hope you enjoy the lunch, I tried to avoid any of the dairy-heavy foods, I know that they were not entirely well received. But I do need to say that I cannot take credit for this wonderful food, it was not prepared by myself."

"You arranged it and that is praiseworthy enough Ide-sama. I believe I speak for my honored cousin when we say that we are most honored by your gracious hosting and presentation. I thank you also for your consideration. The cheese was quite rich. What will we be having the pleasure to share and partake in? Oh! And tea would be most splendid Lady Ide-sama."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Next

Return to The Dueling Fields