The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evening]

Re: The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evenin

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:12 pm

Liu Fei's expression wasn't concealed there, leaving how she seemed to feel it wasn't different but not quite open for the young Mantis to interpret. "Close enough," she gave as the voiced answer.
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Yuzuki on Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:21 pm

"Well, so long as the horse agrees, I guess it's alright. If I called Kon that... well, he probably wouldn't care either way because he's kind of stupid. And I'm not sure that cats really care one way or the other about *anything* we do anyhow."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Kitsune Kumahime on Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:21 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:That would be in line with the Asako I met earlier. I will have to review with big sis later.

"The ones with masks are good at plays," she remarked, trying to be amusing. She thought on the Soshi she met earlier, Yuuru. He did not give her the impression of a priest. The Yogo, Yuichi, was as strange as Kumahime had claimed. And finally, Suteichi fit the description of a leader.

"Arigatou gozaimasu. That was most helpful, Kumahime-dono." Her brow furrowed for a brief moment as she resisted the urge to burp. "What is your impression of the men of my Clan?"

The Fox considers, for a time. Her opinion on the matter is not terribly important, but the curiosity is... understandable.

"Your people are travelers. Tough and adaptable. But it has been this way for so long, will your people be able to find home now that you are here?"
Fox Clan • Bushi • Large • Gullible • Student of the Proud Bear • Amateur Veterinarian • One Eye
Status 1.0 • Glory 1.0 • Honor 3.5 • Courtship 0
Carries: Daisho, tanto, medicine kit
Kitsune Kumahime

Postby Kakita Nanami on Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:24 pm

Moto Baatar wrote:"Huh, okay," Baatar said, silent for a moment at this response. Then, after some thought, he asked, "But can't you ask them why? Since you can talk to the kami, you said."

"It is not so simple, Bater-san." She paused for a moment, considering how to explain it, "Not only is actually calling of the kami becoming increasingly difficult but the rites necessary to speak to them are becoming more difficult. More experienced sjugenja than I have tried and failed."
Crane Clan • Agasha Trained • Shugenja • Small • Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 2
Carried: Wakizashi, Tanto, Straw Hat, Cricket in a Cage
Kakita Nanami

Postby Moto Baatar on Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:14 pm

Kakita Nanami wrote:"It is not so simple, Bater-san." She paused for a moment, considering how to explain it, "Not only is actually calling of the kami becoming increasingly difficult but the rites necessary to speak to them are becoming more difficult. More experienced sjugenja than I have tried and failed."

Baatar furrowed his brow. "So you mean you can't talk to the kami after all?" he asked, sounding puzzled. "I thought you said you could. Are they... going away from us somehow, so they can't hear you? Like when a horseman is riding away from you, and can't hear your shouts?"
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Soshi Taira on Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:22 pm

Iuchi Saksaha wrote:
"Iuchi Saksaha," she confirms with a slight nod when Taira guesses at her family name. Then she helps herself to half a cup of kumis along with him, as nobody ought to drink alone.

"Does it? It is mother's milk to most of us. Well, mare's milk, truthfully, but the horses of our Clan are also like our aunts and cousins." She licks a stray drop of the stuff from her upper lip, not remembering to hide this undignified action with her hand or sleeve. "If you have a bowl of kumis, you're halfway to a meal. That is one thing you can't say of this sake, sweet though it is."

Taira contemplated that statement.

"I think the Crab may disagree. There are some among them who drink sake like water."

With a halfhearted shrug, he added. "I have always viewed it as the end of a meal. A way to wrap up an evening."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:04 am

Shinjo Hanashi wrote:"If any find themselves bored make sure they tell us; we don't want to be poor hosts after all."

"Oops, perhaps I mispoke... I mean, I was more concerned with me inflicting the boredom, seeing as I'm not much for telling engaging stories. The hospitality of the Unicorn has been impeccable so far, I don't think anyone has reason to complain."

Other than the furs in the yurts, of course.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:53 am

Kitsune Kumahime wrote:The Fox considers, for a time. Her opinion on the matter is not terribly important, but the curiosity is... understandable.

"Your people are travelers. Tough and adaptable. But it has been this way for so long, will your people be able to find home now that you are here?"

"Home is where the family is," Yue stated, thinking of her sister. "It does not matter if we are moving or immobile, Kumahime-dono." She smiled. "I consider myself at home."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:12 am

Moto Butaj wrote:Butaj nods, glossing over previous hiccups.

"And which part of it interests you the most? It's been a few centuries after all."

Fukawa nods, considering it over her fan.

"Hmm, I am curious what traditions are unique to your clan's time abroad, as opposed to which ones they held starting in the Empire and carrying them with them throughout." she asks, determined not to be caught off guard again.
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:27 am

Usagi Tomoe wrote:...

"Well as long as everyone is polite about it. There's gonna be something that causes conflict at some point; but if everyone is content to ignore it, I suppose this will work."
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship points: 0
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks
When with Horse: Daikyu, Willowleaf arrows, Blanket

A voice to lighten the weight of those who travel.
Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:30 am

Butaj pouts in thought.

"That may be a difficult question for Butaj for he has never drawn a line. The Unicorn are both, and to separate them may hurt what we've become. There is no Ki-Rin Clan anymore. None among us are the same as your ancestors knew before the departure. There was no Moto family, and now the Unicorn Clan stands on the Moto. Many things have changed." He pauses for a moment looking at her, wondering why she barricades with paper now. "Kurichitai is one. The Last Ride. The elderly of the Clan do not retire to any particular place. They serve the Clan until they cannot, and then they just ride out and never come back so as not to burden the Clan."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:45 am

Matsu Kogo wrote:"Thank you Moto-san. I look forward to meeting again."

She turns to Otaku-san, her eyes lit up. Kogo cannot hide the pride on her face, but that is nothing new for a member of the Lion Clan. "You do me too much honor Otaku-san. But I am glad to say that the Otaku have shown themselves to be true samurai and true warriors, in their honor and in their honoring of their ancestors. " She raises her voice in response. "Glory to our newly returned cousins, the Unicorn Clan! Glory to the children of Shinjo and the women of Otaku!"

Chi-Pu smiles at the Matsu and nods to Khulun.

"I look forward to many more meals with you, Lion!"

Her stomach growls again

"But for now, I must go walk to settle my stomach. Shrimp does not seem to agree with me."

/exit
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Doji Fukawa on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:02 am

Moto Butaj wrote:Butaj pouts in thought.

"That may be a difficult question for Butaj for he has never drawn a line. The Unicorn are both, and to separate them may hurt what we've become. There is no Ki-Rin Clan anymore. None among us are the same as your ancestors knew before the departure. There was no Moto family, and now the Unicorn Clan stands on the Moto. Many things have changed." He pauses for a moment looking at her, wondering why she barricades with paper now. "Kurichitai is one. The Last Ride. The elderly of the Clan do not retire to any particular place. I serve the Clan until they cannot, and then they just ride out and never come back so as not to burden the Clan."

Fukawa had a vision of the palace gardener finding a Unicorn horse nibbling the flower beds while an old dead Unicorn was strapped to it's back. This was why she had her fan.

"I was not thinking of it in terms of separating them to hurt your clan, Moto-san. Tradition is important to all samurai. I was mostly wondering what would be the hardest to reconcile. After all, even your horses are different from the horses of the Empire."
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Iuchi Batul on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:20 am

Kaiu Hiroji wrote:Hiroji nods. "True. It is rarely that a place matters when one drinks."

Batul bowed to the leaving Yasuki and turned her attention to the Kaiu. "Maybe Kaiu Hiroji-san can exblain more about his duty, do you have any stories on the fight?"
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14
Honor: Expected| Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship: -1

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

"If the wind blows, ride it."
Iuchi Batul

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:23 am

That confuses Butaj. He scratches his stubble in thought. "Do you think the size of a stallion like mine will be a problem?"
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center