Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Re: Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:21 pm

"Sure, Butaj supposes he does! What kind of?" The Moto accepts the instrument back and casually straps it to his back.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Doji Ameka on Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:59 pm

Ameka sorta through the pouch she was muttering over earlier and produces a piece of candy on a stick formed into a cute, stylized unicorn. "Here. I got to hear your music earlier, so it seems right that you should have a piece of my work, too."

"The proportions need work, but I hope you'll enjoy it regardless."
Crane Clan | Artisan | Bad Health | Confectioner

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 4

Equipment: Wakizashi, fan, candy sculptures, parasol, beautiful clothing
Doji Ameka

Postby Soshi Bantu on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:27 pm

Iuchi Yukarin wrote:Yukarin beamed a smile at Bantu and nodded.

"Hai, it is as you say; A group is stronger when everyone brings their own unique skills and values to it. At the same time, I am sure we have much to learn from our cousins in the other Clans. Or at least my hopes are to do so."

"And there are equally many things that we can learn from our returned kin. An equal and free exchange of ideas can only make us all stronger, which makes for a stronger Empire."
Scorpion Clan * Duelist * Bushi * Smart Cookie * Dancer *
Honor: Untrustworthy * Glory: 1.0 * Status: 2.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Daisho, Smoking pipe, Go set, Mask, Yumi
Description
Soshi Bantu

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:37 pm

"This one agrees. If I may ask then... How would Soshi-sama envision such an exchange taking place?"
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Bantu on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:48 pm

"If I may be so bold, I think that the approach myself and my clan would take to ensure this is fairly obvious given the response to the announcement of this miai. Your Clan is in need of allies, to help ease your transition back into Rokugani society, allies you can enlighten your people on the nuances and subtleties of the high society that you have been absent from for so long."

Bantu looks around the room, trying to draw Yukarin's gaze to the numerous Scorpion samurai in attendance.

"Allies who also understand that this is not just a one way street, that understand the necessity of adding to your experiences without discounting them and discarding them as too foreign and wrong to our current way of life. The Scorpion currently enjoy the greatest influence among the courts of the land, and would be perfectly poised to lend our expertise and wisdom. And in Rokugan, there is little more traditional a method to draw clans together than marriage, although normally at the higher levels with the sons and daughters of lords and Daimyo, a strong message of intent could be sent if a number of matches between our clans took place here."
Scorpion Clan * Duelist * Bushi * Smart Cookie * Dancer *
Honor: Untrustworthy * Glory: 1.0 * Status: 2.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Daisho, Smoking pipe, Go set, Mask, Yumi
Description
Soshi Bantu

Postby Togashi Udo on Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:42 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:The Unicorn paused and then nodded. "Hai. They are different, Udo-dono."

She gazed at his arms. "How do you choose which tattoo to have? Is it affiliated with the other Clans?"

"My tattoos were chosen for me, actually. Many tattoos are symbolic of Clans, and these are no different. They are not affiliated with the Clan, though. The fact that I have a Lion tattoo means nothing of my relationship with the Lion, and I doubt they're much concerned with the fact that I have one.

"My sensei said that if I continue my training and behave with honor, I may have more say over my next tattoos, should that day come. We shall see. I'm not sure how concerned I am with it all... sometimes it's better to let the Fortunes decide instead of try to decide for yourself."

He smiles a little. "I ramble on."
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Isawa Nonin on Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:51 pm

Otaku Imane wrote:
Isawa Nonin wrote:Why would you ride to a battle then get off your horse?! What's wrong with these people?!

After a breath to calm her disbelief she nodded politely. "Most certainly it does. We begin to train in the saddle almost as soon as we can walk. The bond between a Shiotome and her steed is like that between family members. Almatar here will be 15 before she retires."

Nonin nods. "That would seem sensible. Especially as horses are so much a part of your world. I do not know as much about horses as I should but I would like to learn."
Isawa NoninPhoenix Clan • Shugenja • Animals Like Me
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Wakizashi, Medicine Kit, another Medicine Kit, Scroll Satchel
Sometimes accompanied by a puppy.
Isawa Nonin

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:19 pm

"Oooh." Butaj takes a Pony-on-Stick and makes it twirl by rolling the stick. "It is so pretty Butaj is reluctant to bite it! Doji Ameka makes very cute things!"
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Hirase on Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:55 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:"Amaterasu and Onatangu. Onatangu ate of his children and Hantei cut him open, thus bringing the Kami to earth."

She looks back down to the Phoenix.

"What of Shadows? Evil things that warp the very world around them? Or Jinn? Does Rokugan have or worship these?"

She pauses and lowers her voice

"And, what of the enemy the Thunders faught and defeated?"

"I do not know what a Jinn is. If they dwell here, they are secretive."

He frowned, thoughtfully, at the woman and then lowered his voice, even going so far as to hide his mouth from view behind a rather plain red fan. "I know not of shadows. The Lost Brother...abides. It is another of those things, like the Carpenter Wall, that is not generally discussed in a public setting. Unless, that is, one is in Crab lands. They have much to do with protecting the Empire from those dangers. I can tell you a only a little, but what I know I will share readily enough. Just not here. Tomorrow night is soon enough for such things."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:08 am

Togashi Udo wrote:"My tattoos were chosen for me, actually. Many tattoos are symbolic of Clans, and these are no different. They are not affiliated with the Clan, though. The fact that I have a Lion tattoo means nothing of my relationship with the Lion, and I doubt they're much concerned with the fact that I have one.

"My sensei said that if I continue my training and behave with honor, I may have more say over my next tattoos, should that day come. We shall see. I'm not sure how concerned I am with it all... sometimes it's better to let the Fortunes decide instead of try to decide for yourself."

He smiles a little. "I ramble on."

"The tattoos and the Clans are coincidental then?" Yue asked for more clarification. She looked back at the tattoos. It's a shame they don't have more choice. Or perhaps he does not care. What a strange custom if all of his Clan do so.

"How many tattoos are there?" she asked out of curiosity.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:12 am

Asako Hirase wrote:"I do not know what a Jinn is. If they dwell here, they are secretive."

He frowned, thoughtfully, at the woman and then lowered his voice, even going so far as to hide his mouth from view behind a rather plain red fan. "I know not of shadows. The Lost Brother...abides. It is another of those things, like the Carpenter Wall, that is not generally discussed in a public setting. Unless, that is, one is in Crab lands. They have much to do with protecting the Empire from those dangers. I can tell you a only a little, but what I know I will share readily enough. Just not here. Tomorrow night is soon enough for such things."

"I see. I am glad there are no Shadows here. Jinn are...magic spirits."

Chi-Pu shifts in her sadle again, having been sitting still for a half hour or so. She looks over the crowd as it starts to disperse.

"I must know more about the Crab, the Carpenter Wall, and what it holds at bay. As a Nikutai, it is my responsibility to train our warriors, and I cannot do so without knowing what they might face."

She pauses, observing Hirase's features again.

"Tomorrow then, we shall speak again."
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Asako Sayuri on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:12 am

Shinjo Taichi wrote:Taichi wasn't the fastest individual, and it was quite obvious when he was thinking things through. He was a careful person though, and not one to say something that he did not believe wholly in.

After a notable pause, he seemed to settle on a suitable answer with an almost imperceptible nod, his smile returning "Each can only know the one truth that they can see. If the truths do not align, I think there is wisdom in realising that the world is large enough to allow for more than one truth to any thing. Nothing of substance has only one side."

Another nod. "The solution is to trust. An open mind to accept other viewpoints unless they are proven false. That is part of the purpose of this miai, is it not? To trust, and to learn."

"I agree with much of what you said, Shinjo-san. If you will indulge me another question: what is it that you must learn in order to trust the samurai of the Empire?"
Phoenix Clan| Shugenja | Small Description

Fine Kimono, Wakizashi, Scroll Satchel, Fan with Asako mon, a monkey named Chugo-chan, who conspicuously lives up to his name

Asako Sayuri

Postby Asako Hirase on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:33 am

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:"I see. I am glad there are no Shadows here. Jinn are...magic spirits."

Chi-Pu shifts in her sadle again, having been sitting still for a half hour or so. She looks over the crowd as it starts to disperse.

"I must know more about the Crab, the Carpenter Wall, and what it holds at bay. As a Nikutai, it is my responsibility to train our warriors, and I cannot do so without knowing what they might face."

She pauses, observing Hirase's features again.

"Tomorrow then, we shall speak again."

He read the signs of her restlessness easily enough and, lowering his fan, smiled at her again.

"Of course, Otaku-sama. I have enjoyed the chance to meet you." Something that might have been mischief slid across his features. "I look forward to seeing you again tomorrow. And Moto-san, too. She is...bracing. But there is bravery there, too."

He bowed, formally.

"And I must go and ensure that Ichiro has settled. I don't doubt the excitement of the crowd may have him restless. May the Fortunes and all good spirits look well on you and may Yume-do be kind."

With that, he turned to slide away, his expression a pleasant neutral once again.

/exit
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:43 am

Soshi Bantu wrote:-talking-

Bantu looks around the room, trying to draw Yukarin's gaze to the numerous Scorpion samurai in attendance.

-talking

Yukarin listened to what Bantu had to say, particularly interested in the parts about the current political environment of the courts. She nodded as he finished.

"Mmm... all very valid; The Unicorn obviously will need such help, especially in a patient and understanding manner. Surely with so many of your Clan here, that will come to pass barring any disasters? Though I do hope the process of creating allies does not necessitate the creation of enemies in the process, neh?"
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:01 am

Asako Hirase wrote:He read the signs of her restlessness easily enough and, lowering his fan, smiled at her again.

"Of course, Otaku-sama. I have enjoyed the chance to meet you." Something that might have been mischief slid across his features. "I look forward to seeing you again tomorrow. And Moto-san, too. She is...bracing. But there is bravery there, too."

He bowed, formally.

"And I must go and ensure that Ichiro has settled. I don't doubt the excitement of the crowd may have him restless. May the Fortunes and all good spirits look well on you and may Yume-do be kind."

With that, he turned to slide away, his expression a pleasant neutral once again.

/exit

"Carry the Fortunes, Asako-san"

She watches as the man walks off and once he is out of earshot, Chi-Pu leans down to speak into Tianma's ear.

"He seems like one worth talking to again, don't you think, Tianma?"

The warhorse lets out a huff of air and paws the dirt.

"Alright, we have been sitting long enough, let us ride again."

She squeezes her thighs and the massive horse begins to weave its way through the still conversing crowds of samurai until clear of them all.

/exit.
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center