GM Questions

Re: GM Questions

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:39 am

Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:03 am

For the characters who didn't witness the event first-hand: aside from the ashy remains of three yurts, what after effects will still be noticeable? I presume retainers will soon have the splashes of ichor on the ground covered with sand and/or dirt in short order, but will the lingering smell be strong enough to make those who were ill last night, or just delicate of constitution, feel queasy?
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:28 am

How much of the Sparrow wedding is known to those who didn't attend? Or is it better to ask about specific parts?
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:44 am

Is the Oni attack likely to be known about widely on D2 or is it something that Unicorn can (and would) keep secret?

Also, the presence of fox spirits in the Kitsune Mori - clan secret or open to discuss? What about the connection to Chikushudo? Best unsaid, or feel free to talk about without being ronin'ized?
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Status: 3.0 ; Glory 1.0 ; Honor: Exceptional ; Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, yumi, light armor
Accompanied by: a red fox named Asahi

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:23 pm

Imperial • Hazy Pupils • Shugenja • Knowledgeable • Conservative • Wealthy
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Expetional | Courtship Points: 9
Carries:Robes, Kimono, Wakizashi, Scroll Satchel, Fan, Sweets • Profile
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Mindshred on Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:57 pm

Ide Amaya wrote:For the characters who didn't witness the event first-hand: aside from the ashy remains of three yurts, what after effects will still be noticeable? I presume retainers will soon have the splashes of ichor on the ground covered with sand and/or dirt in short order, but will the lingering smell be strong enough to make those who were ill last night, or just delicate of constitution, feel queasy?

The scent won't linger particularly long. The servants should have it mostly cleaned up by the late morning.

Seppun Hideo wrote:How much of the Sparrow wedding is known to those who didn't attend? Or is it better to ask about specific parts?

More or less just the Almanac description of it.

Kitsune Takeo wrote:Is the Oni attack likely to be known about widely on D2 or is it something that Unicorn can (and would) keep secret?

Wait and see.

Also, the presence of fox spirits in the Kitsune Mori - clan secret or open to discuss? What about the connection to Chikushudo? Best unsaid, or feel free to talk about without being ronin'ized?

Stories about fox spirits are pretty common in the forest, so that's no big secret. The Kitsune are said to have a close relationship with them, which is why they're called the Fox Clan.
Mindshred

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:10 pm

When do I recover from Poison after my rest on Day or 24 hours from when I was poisoned so Late Night on Day 2? Assuming just natural rest.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:13 pm

If I wanted to know just how tipsy my character was feeling, what would I test that on? Raw Stamina? TN 5 or 10 +5 per drink? Something like that?
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Mindshred on Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:24 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:When do I recover from Poison after my rest on Day or 24 hours from when I was poisoned so Late Night on Day 2? Assuming just natural rest.

On the day, to make it easy.

Ide Amaya wrote:If I wanted to know just how tipsy my character was feeling, what would I test that on? Raw Stamina? TN 5 or 10 +5 per drink? Something like that?

Since it's just a fluff thing for you, you can roll whatever you feel like. Or just roleplay it out!

I'm not planning to enforce forum-wide drinking rules.
Mindshred

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:25 pm

Mindshred wrote:
Ide Amaya wrote:If I wanted to know just how tipsy my character was feeling, what would I test that on? Raw Stamina? TN 5 or 10 +5 per drink? Something like that?

Since it's just a fluff thing for you, you can roll whatever you feel like. Or just roleplay it out!

I'm not planning to enforce forum-wide drinking rules.

woot!

Ide Amaya

Postby Soshi Taira on Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:07 pm

Seeing as we had a super exciting oni battle appear partway through day 1, will future events of this kind have any advance warning, or will they continue to just... pop up... as time permits?

Just curious is I should try and keep a slot open, or just roll with it and not worry.
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Mindshred on Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:19 pm

Soshi Taira wrote:Seeing as we had a super exciting oni battle appear partway through day 1, will future events of this kind have any advance warning, or will they continue to just... pop up... as time permits?

Just curious is I should try and keep a slot open, or just roll with it and not worry.

If I have something planned, you'll find out about it at the start of the day.

If it's something spur of the moment, it'll be spur of the moment.

So a bit from both columns.
Mindshred

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:21 pm

Soshi Taira wrote:Seeing as we had a super exciting oni battle appear partway through day 1, will future events of this kind have any advance warning, or will they continue to just... pop up... as time permits?

I think people kind of asked for it and Mindshred obliged.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Soshi Taira on Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:36 pm

Ok.

Also, TN for curing stomach flu?

And re: paragon of compassion, if I'm of equal status to someone, but trying to provide medical service or some other directly humanitarian action that isn't for my own gain, would it be applicable? One could call it showing compassion, but if it's kinda a stretch, I understand.
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Mindshred on Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:13 am

Soshi Taira wrote:Ok.

Also, TN for curing stomach flu?

Same as the Stamina roll in the event, TN 15.

And re: paragon of compassion, if I'm of equal status to someone, but trying to provide medical service or some other directly humanitarian action that isn't for my own gain, would it be applicable? One could call it showing compassion, but if it's kinda a stretch, I understand.

Sure, go ahead and put a note in your private forum about it.
Mindshred

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character Chat