(D1, LA) Exchange Program

Re: (D1, LA) Exchange Program

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:40 pm

Butaj hasn't been exactly humble. Being himself for Butaj is a great feat in itself since being Butaj requires a lot. Butaj keeps quiet though, letting important people speak for a while as he checks if Huludai is all right, grazing.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:22 pm

Tonbo Misa wrote:Misa gave a bow of her head. "The land is quite lovely Seppun-san, and my earlier meetings were pleasant. It is still just the beginning, but if the rest of my time here is spent as well as the start, I will have no complaints. And how about your own time Seppun-san?"

Not sure you really know how the land is with your eyesight...

"I have found my very limited time here so far very interesting. I hadn't expected to see so many different animals here. Horses is expected, but there seems to be quite a few others as well. I look forward to what else the Unicorn have prepared for us. And what of yourself Moto-san?"

Hideo looked to the other part of the conversation.

"How have you found such a wide variety of samurai in your lands? I do hope the samurai gathered here has shown you and your kin the respect and honour they deserve for hosting such a large event so soon after your return from outside the empire."
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:35 pm

Butaj looks back at the Imperial at being addressed.

"Butaj? Beyond meeting Tonbo Misa and two Scorpion Soshi, both decent men, Butaj has had no great luck so far. Many seem to like other Unicorn families more than the Moto and Butaj has an idea why. But a small lady from the Rabbit Clan has made the poorest impression on Butaj. First she scared with horrible stories of some evil sorcerer called Iuchiban and then refused to tell more about his accomplices and followers when Butaj tried to assess the danger to his brethren. Like she wanted to indulge her smartness and keep us off-guard rather than help the Unicorn assess the challenges of the world we now live in."

Butaj shrugs.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:39 pm

Hideo blinked.

"Ah...forgive me Moto-san, but you say someone was talking about..." Hideo looked to the Tonbo then back at Butaj "what was the Hares name? Why would she talk about such unsavoury things? Did she speak of this openly?:

To talk about Iuchiban here....
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:47 pm

"Yes, she gathered people to talk about this sorcerer. Butaj thinks her name is Usagi Tomoe but he was so irritated with her in the end that he may be mixing her name up. She is more or less cute and carries no long sword, this for sure. And Butaj has no idea about her motives, just guesses he has already made. She pretended to be helpful but in the end was anything but! Butaj doesn't like dishonest people."

The Moto frowns and puts instrument aside so as not to anxiously torment the strings.

Moto Butaj

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:53 pm

"I see."

Hideo sighed.

"Please forgive us for this girls behaviour. To discuss such a...distasteful subject is shocking."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:04 pm

Misa said nothing on the subject. She hadn't heard the talk, and Hideo had given the stance that was proper after all. Deciding it would be well for all their sakes not to dwell too long however, she spoke up softly after a moment. "I am certain there will be better discussions to come Moto-san. I would discuss music with you any time, and Seppun-san most certainly has many things to discuss that may interest you. Perhaps over the dinner I've heard is planned for an hour or so from now?"
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Advisor • Blind • Ascetic • Enlightened
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 4.0 | Courtship Points: 7
Carries: Traveling Pack, Daisho (where applicable), walking stick

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:32 pm

"Butaj doesn't hold a grudge, just is no longer interested in that one. He is sorry for troubling you both with it. But yes, the feast is a great time to lift spirits! Butaj hopes to see you both there! There are many subjects he'd like to talk about." The Moto smiles again.

Moto Butaj

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:25 am

"Hai, pay the Hare no mind. I'll seek her out to question her choice of subject though...but yes, the banquet" Hideo smiled more now "I am truly looking forward to what you and your kin have prepared for us. Do you know what will likely be served, or is this an Ide secret?"
Seppun Hideo

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:43 am

"The Ide have not told Butaj, but he thinks there will be some specialities! Like khorkhog, or boodog, or byaslag, or arul, or buz, or khurshur..." Butaj starts to count on fingers but soon runs out o them and tsk's at himself because the other hand holds his topsur. "...Some of that anyway. And a lot of kumis!"

Moto Butaj

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:46 am

Hideo tried to process all the strange names.

"Ah..perhaps you could tell us about a few of those? I'm not sure I know how to pronounce them, except for maybe the last one. Ku-mi?"
Seppun Hideo

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:52 am

"Kumis is a word in Mekhem. The Moto call it airag. It is our fun drink, quick to prepare, easy to drink. Butaj has brought quite a supply and if we run out we can always milk a mare and then just slap the skin with it for two-three days. Butaj expects the Ide have their big supply for the feast too!" Butaj smiles dreamily. "The rest are types of roasted meat like goat or marmot, cheese and dumplings."

Moto Butaj

Postby Tonbo Misa on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:47 am

Misa held back a giggle at milk a mare, but she wasn't openly adverse to anything Butaj said. The Dragon had resorted to goat before after all, and she was fairly open minded besides. Still, hearing what Hideo would (and wouldn't) say was worth a wait as she looked in his direction.
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Advisor • Blind • Ascetic • Enlightened
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 4.0 | Courtship Points: 7
Carries: Traveling Pack, Daisho (where applicable), walking stick

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:28 pm

Hideo frowned a little, not sure what to think about that drink.

"It sounds...interesting, Moto-san. Not something I can say we have in the empire."

Or really need

"The Unicorn are certainly resourceful."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Moto Butaj on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:03 am

"Butaj has a hunch the Unicorn are something that you haven't had and need to get used to. But Butaj hopes it will work out well in the end, even with the Moto like Butaj. We bring many new things from the world outside of here. Butaj understands this has been the plan all along, to send out Lady Shinjo and her peopleso she could bring back understanding of the outside world to this realm. And here we are, so the plan has worked!" Butaj chuckles.

Moto Butaj

PreviousNext

Return to Archery Field