(D1, LM) Important People Zone

Re: (D1, LM) Important People Zone

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:43 am

"I would like to ask if Tonbo-sama would accept this symbol of friendship I brought to honor this acquaintance?"
The girl lets the cup and retrieves the gift she had brought, offering with both hands and a bow. "It is a simple, humble mirror. Some might think it might be useless. I digress, it was a gift such as this –– that even when diminished of its full capabilities –– that made possible for the Dragon to contact my Lady, and become her guidance through darkness."
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:48 am

A few things came in reaction. There was a tilt of curiosity to Misa's head, then a slight raise of her brow, and finally a gentle smile. "That is very thoughtful of you Otaku-sama, arigato. I could not accept something so precious for merely sharing my tea with you."
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Advisor • Blind • Ascetic • Enlightened
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 4.0 | Courtship Points: 7
Carries: Traveling Pack, Daisho (where applicable), walking stick

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:53 am

I got this! Yeah! Take that, Lion Clan!

"I insist. I would like to believe I'm not here to merely share this delicious tea. Iie, I am here to learn, as Tonbo-sama said herself, and to make a friend. It would honor me much if Tonbo-sama accepts it." She extends her arms a bit further with the package.
Last edited by Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:56 am

Misa gave a soft nod. It seemed the ceremony wasn't an issue. "You would still have all three even without such thoughtfulness."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:06 am

"I would be failing to return the courtesy Tonbo-sama offers." She exhales, painlessly having past to through the ritual –– that caused so much problem –– for her first time. "I would be honored if Tonbo-sama accepts."
Last edited by Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:26 am

"With such gracious thought, how could I refuse? Arigato Otaku-sama." Sanmi made her way forward and carefully took the gift. Taking the mirror, she handed it to Misa, who treated it gently. She didn't look to the mirror, for obvious reasons, but instead let a hand reach up, fingers delicately tracing over the glass with a slow touch.

After a moment, Misa paused, speaking with quiet compassion. "A question of my own then, if you will forgive me. Did Otaku-sama worry when she found out my condition?"

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:37 am

Happy with the acceptance, Kitakuhime puts her hands over her lap watching how Misa carefully read the item with her fingers. "I..."

The smile fades away for a moment. "I was... surprised. A thought occurred to me –– that I could fail to properly explain my willingness to offer you the gift. But, it was soon dismissed."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:57 am

The Tonbo softy shook her head and looked in Kitakuhime's direction with that same warm look. "I'm gladdened to hear you looked past it. Some in this world pity me, or believe they will wound me by dealing with visual things. I have been sightless my whole life however and have had no regrets."

She caressed the mirror slowly once more. "Take this mirror for instance. I would be told that it is used to see your reflection, to tend to your appearance, to show you what others see. I do not doubt those all fine things, just as I was pleased by your compliments to my own appearance earlier. Yet... the feeling of a mirror is like nothing else in this world. For a woman of touch, it is precious no less. Just as beautiful flowers have a lovely scent, and a cute cat makes adorable purrs. If any shred of uncertainty remained, let it be fully and irrevocably dispelled. I will treasure this no less, and likely more, than any other."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:01 pm

The Shiotome bows once more, in silence, honored with her words. Misa would have understood by the sound of Kitakuhime's kimono, it was a deep gesture.

A few moments and she straightens back up, un-wrinkling folds over her legs and fetching the cup back on her hands, "I wonder, has Tonbo-sama ever ridden atop a horse, before?"
Last edited by Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:14 pm

Misa shook her head softly. "You can see the mountains of the Dragon distantly, but if you have not been in them, you would miss their size and scale... and the difficulty horses have there. Especially where I trained deeper in the mountains, horses are almost unheard of. Besides... while I would trust a horse to know what's best for itself, I am not really a good... navigator... so to speak." She smiled almost sheepishly at that.

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:52 pm

Kitakuhime shakes her head negatively, "I'm aware mountains are not a horse's preferred terrain, but on a proper road up, no better aid than strong four legs to get you up. A well-trained steed can definitely take you to places by its own."

She giggles, "Once, while training, I was so exhausted that I fell asleep on my route back to the camp. When I woke up, worried, I found myself in front of my yurt. Gekko made all the way through the dark lands by himself."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm

Misa gave a soft giggle of her own into a hand. "I have no doubt, though the tales of your family's horses have already circulated around. The simple steeds of the Empire have not the same training and lineage as your own."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:02 pm

She raises a finger up with an idea, "Well, the Otaku tamers are renowned as the best horse trainers in our Clan. The other families do have their take on the matter, though. While we have no Otaku bachelors this miai, I'm sure I could become insightful to Tonbo-sama, if she wishes to learn which one would be able to train a good horse to climb the mountains back at your home."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:19 pm

Misa raised her brow at that. "Well, I can't say my own family has the numbers or resources to make use of those teachings certainly, but to have horses that could work well in the mountains would be a blessing. Is Otaku-sama suggesting finding a husband that would be skilled in that, or does she mean that she would do so outside the bounds of match making?"

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:35 pm

She giggles again, "No need to find a husband to train a horse. I'll be pleased to ask for my Family's expertise and train Tonbo-sama's horse. The good thing in this miai, though, is that you may select a fine breed. So, if Tonbo-sama would like for me to advise –– I might know interesting aspects of both: riders and mounts."

Otaku Kitakuhime

PreviousNext

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms