Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Re: Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:36 am

Butaj gets curious.

"Two?"
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:42 am

Moto Butaj wrote:Butaj gets curious.

"Two?"

She looks him in the eye and says, “You are a bastard, Butaj, but you are Moto. Thus I will be there to see my kin challenge the Scorpion. Seeing a strong samurai is just a second reason to be there.”

She playfully punches his chest and says, “Plus I am sure you will put on a good show, you have to be good at something.”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:00 am

Butaj grins playfully and catches her hand immediately when it connects, with the only free he has as the other holds the topshur, twisting it into a breath-stealing bariqu lock. Butaj does so in a way that reminds of Moto kids horsing around.

Day 1 - EA - Playfully Showing Khulun Butaj Is Not Bad at Bariqu - Ag/Jiujutsu - Khulun's ATN: 5d10o10k4 44

"Butaj's good at a few things, Sayyeda Khulun."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:04 am

Moto Butaj wrote:Butaj grins playfully and catches her hand immediately when it connects, with the only free he has as the other holds the topshur, twisting it into a breath-stealing bariqu lock. Butaj does so in a way that reminds of Moto kids horsing around.

Day 1 - EA - Playfully Showing Khulun Butaj Is Not Bad at Bariqu - Ag/Jiujutsu - Khulun's ATN: 5d10o10k4 44

"Butaj's good at a few things, Sayyeda Khulun."

Khulun narrows her eyes but gives a feral grin through the minor pain, “Don’t start something you will not finish, Butaj.”
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:11 am

"As Sayyeda Khulun wishes."

Butaj releases the hold, never meaning to do her harm.

"Though Butaj can finish proving himself to you at another time."

Moto Butaj

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:21 am

She rolls that over in her mind and she breaks into a smile and unclean thoughts give her a laugh before she returns to her normal Moto glare and says, “We shall see Sayyed Butaj.”

She gives him a nod and turns on her heels and says over shoulder, “May your sword stay keen and your arm strong, cousin.”

Khulun returns to her yurt.

/exit
Moto Khulun

Postby Ide Samai on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:28 am

Matsu Yurio wrote:[

"Agreed. As long as the events of the miai allow. Jiujutsu is an honourable form of combat. It is good to hear your still subscribe to it's practice. Chesss . . . . ?"

She had lost him with the last word, unable to even hazard a guess at it's meaning.

"I am looking forward to it Matsu-san. Chess is a game played on a board, with figures. It is usually around strategy, trying to outplay your opponent... I am only a novice to be honest." Her face was apologetic.
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Seppun Hitako on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:47 am

Seppun Hideo wrote:"I never doubted that you would" Hideo said with an approving nod "perhaps one could be considered as a marriage prospect once we understand the ways they call upon the kami. It would certainly be a more sensible option, neh? Priest families brought together will ensure a better chance for the children to be able to commune with the kami."

"This was my thoughts, as well. Thus why he caught my eye. Though, if you find of any others that seem to have any connections with the Spirit Realms in any way, let me know. Options are not a bad thing, I think."
Seppun Hitako
Imperial • Shugenja • Sahir • Friendly Jinn
Honor: What is expected • Glory: 1 • Status: 1.5 • Courtship: 9
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:00 am

Seppun Hitako wrote:"This was my thoughts, as well. Thus why he caught my eye. Though, if you find of any others that seem to have any connections with the Spirit Realms in any way, let me know. Options are not a bad thing, I think."

"I think perhaps in a few days time we could have a discussion among our kin regarding the Unicorn, regarding options and opinions of the Unicorn here. Those I have met so far...I would not wish upon any of my kin" Hideo began speaking quietly again "and perhaps not even upon the Crane."
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Iuchi Batul on Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:15 am

Soshi Yuuru wrote:He smiled, "I'm not averse to the idea fair Batul-san. The southern reaches of your new lands also border on the forest I know so well. I feel I could bring some value to the Unicorn as I assume much of your lands are still relatively unknown to you, but I suppose we'll have to see if your superiors feel the same way. I would certainly enjoy seeing more of you as well; and the sooner the better."

He tilted his head slightly and closed his eyes to smile.

"Yes, believe lands of the Unicorn stretch out to Seikitsu sano Yama no Oi, although I wouldn't say this is north side of Shinomen Forest" She agreed with tenderness. "These lands are like we have only heard of. In our stories, Emerald Embire is a heavenly blace, and now I agree."

(In the setting the lands of the Unicorn don't reach the Shinomen... yet)
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14
Honor: Expected| Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship: -1

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

"If the wind blows, ride it."
Iuchi Batul

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:57 am

Usagi Tomoe wrote:A small frown appeared, but soon dispelled with a polite smile. "No, I'm not, Matsu-sama. I am... unsuited for warfare, sadly, no matter how much of a warrior's heart I might have. Instead, it was arranged for me to be trained outside the clan, and I studied with the Asako loremasters."

"I have seen many a warrior that despite being able to fight, is not a true warrior." he stated plainly "Just because your battlefield is not the same as mine, it does not mean you are not a warrior Usagi-san."

He remained silent as the two women discussed matches. "I can offer my insight on possible matches but I'm certain both of you will have no problem discerning a bad match from a good one."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Seppun Hitako on Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:09 am

Seppun Hideo wrote:"I think perhaps in a few days time we could have a discussion among our kin regarding the Unicorn, regarding options and opinions of the Unicorn here. Those I have met so far...I would not wish upon any of my kin" Hideo began speaking quietly again "and perhaps not even upon the Crane."

She smiled ever so slightly. "Not even them? Hopefully we will meet much better possibilities. Time will tell, I suppose."

She looked around. "None at all have appealed to you? I understand one of them is something like a kuge, of their ruling families. And female, no less."
Seppun Hitako
Imperial • Shugenja • Sahir • Friendly Jinn
Honor: What is expected • Glory: 1 • Status: 1.5 • Courtship: 9
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Otaku Imane on Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:11 am

Isawa Nonin wrote:Nonin cannot help but burst out laughing. "We ask how your horses got so big, Otaku-san!"

He quickly composed himself and bowed, "Forgive me my outburst, Otaku-san. The absurdity of the contrasting viewpoints overwhelmed me." He pondered for a moment. "I would venture to suggest that our horses are smaller because they have had less range to roam in, less fodder to eat and less need to be able to run as fast as the wind as the amazing horses of your clan."

A significant tactical advantage.

Imane tucked that away and nodded thoughtfully at the Isawa's conjecture. This was a useful meeting.

"So would I be right in thinking that there is little emphasis on cavalry in battle since my people departed Isawa Nonin-san?"

She wondered if there was something wrong with the fodder. Or maybe the handlers were incompetent, but then again it could have been a result of diverging traditions.
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:37 am

Seppun Hitako wrote:She smiled ever so slightly. "Not even them? Hopefully we will meet much better possibilities. Time will tell, I suppose."

She looked around. "None at all have appealed to you? I understand one of them is something like a kuge, of their ruling families. And female, no less."

"I've heard that also" Hideos gaze turned to the rest of the gathered "I would assume there are others of rank here also. I know precious little of the leadership structure of the Unicorn, other than the Otaku seeming to be a matriarchy. I will aim to meet with more of their number through the miai. What of yourself? Would you prefer the...strong warrior type that the Moto seem to be idealed behind?"
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Matsu Yurio on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:26 am

Ide Samai wrote:"I am looking forward to it Matsu-san. Chess is a game played on a board, with figures. It is usually around strategy, trying to outplay your opponent... I am only a novice to be honest." Her face was apologetic.

Well she hadn't said shogi, so it wasn't the game of the Bloodspeakers . . . or was it?

"Go is the strategy game of choice played on boards for the Empire, but it is played with stones, not figures. My clan considers itself an expert practitioner of that particular game, although it is not something suitable for the fields I serve in."

Yes that would be the perfect scout, slinking through the undergrowth with a bag of Go stones rattling away.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center