[D1 LM] Family Matters

Re: [D1 LM] Family Matters

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:11 pm

"Aba, the battue," Saksaha says with a hunter's grin. "All the tribe mounts up in two wings and fans out into a great circle, wider than the eye can see. Then they turn inward as one, beating the grasses and brush and drumming as they ride. At last, when all the beasts are driven together into the clearing at the center, each hunter has his easy pick of the game that suits him. Or her."

She turns the mischievous smile onto her cousins. "So you see, a hunt need not be solitary."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:36 am

"Ah...! I remember reading about that some time in the past, Saksaha-sama. ...I think I see what you're saying."

Yukarin rubs her chin before giving a happy nod.
"Though I suppose the question then becomes, how many people do we want in on the hunt? And what strategy are we using?"
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Iuchi Batul on Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:36 am

A man, what type of man... She had been sent to be married, so Batul had already in mind the type of man that she wanted, and because of her merchant tendency, the samurai-ko expected it to be just more than a mere warrior or priest.

"When I marry, I would like a brober man." She came back to the rest "A brovider, someone who will take care of my needs. I also think that I am not good warrior, so maybe dangerous areas will not be good for me."
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14
Honor: Expected| Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship: -1

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

"If the wind blows, ride it."
Iuchi Batul

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:42 am

Dong-Ha for his part didn't quite know how to take part to the discussion. Finally he got an idea. "Perhaps one among the Yasuki? The Crane are known for their are known merchants. Or at least, were. Such an union could give more reach for your family." Not that he knew much about commerce, but most of it seemed to revolve knowing the right people to sell and right people to buy from. Following that logic, marrying a trader seemed beneficial.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:40 pm

"We can start with us here," Saksaha suggests in answer to Yukarin's question. "And... fan out. So many people have been arriving, too many for just one person to meet them all by chance. And this is too large a matter in one's life to leave to chance, anyway," she adds, blissfully unaware of the extent to which the matrimonial happiness of everyone in this gathering is going to be determined by a series of randomly generated numbers.

"So, a wealthy man for Batul-san. And a scholar or a patron of artisans for Yukarin-san? Or do I assume too far?" She turns her gaze, still with a hint of mischievous excitement, onto Dong-Ha. "What about you, cousin? What game may we help you search out?"
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description

On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:06 pm

"Uh..." Dong-Ha blushed. It wasn't as if he hadn't briefly discussed the topic among his mostly male friends but when confronted by a kinswoman of his age the young man found himself flustered. "Umm... someone smart and gentle? A good mother?" Not that he had any idea what kind of woman made a good mother. "I wouldn't mind if she was pretty either..." His gaze sought out the ground. "Though I think I'll manage on my own..."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:59 am

Yukarin grinned and leaned to the side, nudging Dong-ha with one of her elbows,
"I bet you will I bet you will."

She sat back straight, still looking at him, "Still, sounds like you have reasonable expectations, nothing too out there or lewd. As to myself... as long as he's smart and not bad with his money, I think I'll be happy. Not being against red meat would be a plus too."
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:16 am

Even if Dong-Ha had had any lewd aspirations he wasn't going to point them out to his kinswomen! "Eh..." He looked at Yukari, mortified. "I hope so. Though, I think one of the Ide mentioned that the locals don't eat red meat. Something about purity or some such." he shrugged. "You'd think they'd at least hunt!"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Iuchi Batul on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:39 am

Batul couldn't but sense that Dong-Ha was being polite with them being woman, and trying to seem the perfect gentleman asking for a proper samurai wife. She laughed as she finished her bowl and sat it in front of her after slurping the remaining broth.

"Ah, Dong-Ha-san, let us analyze you to find you a brober one." She started, measuring the Unicorn man with her eyes in a way that almost made him blush. "I believe you are an excellent briest, so maybe you would need someone who would understand this work, maybe another shugenja to teach you the ways in the Embire. And Dong-Ha shy, so maybe a woman with strong character."
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14
Honor: Expected| Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship: -1

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

"If the wind blows, ride it."
Iuchi Batul

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:48 am

Saksaha's lips twitch and she presses her fingers to her lips to mask her smile... and contemplates whether or not Compassion requires her to come to Dong-Ha's rescue yet.

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:51 am

"Uh... perhaps? I don't think I care about that. I mean, my parents are both meidojin but... I don't think that's necessary." Anyone could learn to use meishodo after all. "Not so sure about the strong character either..." Dong-ha muttered, his eyes still averted. "I think I'd just want someone I can get along with."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:54 am

Yukarin gives a thoughtful nod.
"He does seem the type that needs a woman with a strong will, doesn't he. But then, perhaps there is the matter of fitting to your type rather than trying to make up for it, Dong-ha-sama."

Yukarin looked to Batul.

"After all, do you not think his home life would be more stable with someone else conservative and contemplative? As he said, getting along is certainly important. It might be less balanced, but that can be worked around."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:59 am

"Uh..." Dong-Ha seemed to be lost for words. "What is my 'type' anyway?" A hint of ire crept to the man's voice as he turned to regard Yukarin who seemed to be having fun on his expense.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:02 am

"Someone kind, charming, maybe a bit quiet. Pretty and smart in a humble sort of way. At least as little as I know you, sama."

Yukarin caught the irritation, but she was trying to be genuine here. Though there HAD been a little bit of fun being had earlier.
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:10 am

Okay, maybe now it was time to step in? Saksaha removes her hand from her mouth and interjects, "Batul-san has made an interesting point, I think. Our ways of invoking the spirits are not like the ones they use here in the old country, but those ways are our family's birthright too. If by our marriages or the friendships we make here we can bring such knowledge back into our family more quickly... that would not be such a bad thing."

Of course, her Iuchi aunts had made it quite clear before she left for Dark Edge Village that she, Saksaha, was not likely to be considered a great catch by the Ide organizers, so how much say she'll have in such matters is... uncertain. But she's thought about it.

Iuchi Saksaha

PreviousNext

Return to Northwestern Yurts