The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evening]

Re: The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evenin

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:13 am

A nod at that.

"If they wish to marry Unicorn, that will change. We cannot disobey the command of a Kami." He states, simply. "And I mean no offense Usagi-sama, but if I am allowed to choose I will either be choosing someone of greater status then I, so that another clan gains access to the history of the Unicorn, or if none are available at that point, a bushi, for my injuries make me a liability on the battlefield." He taps the side of his face. "I would of course not be offended to be chosen by you; such is the nature of the miai and the Hare must be a powerful clan to have its founder become a god; it would be good for the Unicorn to have ties with your clan. But my choices must bend towards either the duties I can perform or those that I cannot to insure my families protection."
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship points: 0
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks
When with Horse: Daikyu, Willowleaf arrows, Blanket

A voice to lighten the weight of those who travel.
Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:21 am

"No offense, Shinjo-san," the Hare nodded understandingly. Damn. He did seem rather nice. Still, I could recommend Tsukimi in that direction... Or Kogo? "I'm not... injured, like yourself, but I'm also a liability on the battlefield and could not serve in such a role, regardless if I remain a Hare or become a Unicorn. So I understand your situation. Though I'll have to admit I will keep what you have said in mind, in hopes that I might be of assistance for you to find the most suitable spouse for your needs."

"And I would never expect the Unicorn to forsake the commands of Lady Shinjo... I doubt most Clans would expect such, considering the Great Clans all have their different quirks as per commands of their founding Kami.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:29 am

He bows a bit, "Thank you for your understanding. We will have to learn the different quirks."

He smiles a bit at that, "Ah, a good word that, quirk! Thank you!"
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks

Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:50 am

The Hare laughed a little. "You're most welcome. Consider me a repository of all manner of unique and fantastical words."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:08 am

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:"Oh! I know one thing! Akodo was a Kami! He fell from the heavens along with Shinjo."

Chi-Pu smiles, clearly happy with her explanation.

She looks to the Matsu to expand further.

Where to begin.... "Akodo was the son of the Sun goddess Amaterasu and the Moon god Onnotangu and was the Kami who founded the Lion Clan, as you well know. Akodo was a great warrior, perhaps the greatest among the Kami in sheer physical power and dauntless courage. He came to earth with his siblings and battled his brother for control of the empire in its early form. But at the last moment, he realized that his brother, Hantei, could have slain him at any time, but chose not to because of his unwillingness to spill his blood. And so, Akodo vowed to serve his brother as emperor, along with all his clan. It is said that when the last Akodo falls, so will the last Hantei." She took a small breath. "When he decided to found his Clan, he traveled the empire, meeting many individuals who he fought. Any who he bested, he deemed unworthy. First he met, Ikoma, who spoke to him of his great battles. At first, Akodo was enraged by Ikoma, but gradually he came to respect him. He came to travel with Ikoma and became known as 'Migite' or Right Hand." She looked out to see if her audience was understanding.

"Are these stories you have heard before? Or are they newer to you?" Kogo asked.
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:10 am

Usagi Tomoe wrote:...

"A fine gift indeed for a historian to have!"

Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:47 am

Matsu Kogo wrote:Where to begin.... "Akodo was the son of the Sun goddess Amaterasu and the Moon god Onnotangu and was the Kami who founded the Lion Clan, as you well know. Akodo was a great warrior, perhaps the greatest among the Kami in sheer physical power and dauntless courage. He came to earth with his siblings and battled his brother for control of the empire in its early form. But at the last moment, he realized that his brother, Hantei, could have slain him at any time, but chose not to because of his unwillingness to spill his blood. And so, Akodo vowed to serve his brother as emperor, along with all his clan. It is said that when the last Akodo falls, so will the last Hantei." She took a small breath. "When he decided to found his Clan, he traveled the empire, meeting many individuals who he fought. Any who he bested, he deemed unworthy. First he met, Ikoma, who spoke to him of his great battles. At first, Akodo was enraged by Ikoma, but gradually he came to respect him. He came to travel with Ikoma and became known as 'Migite' or Right Hand." She looked out to see if her audience was understanding.

"Are these stories you have heard before? Or are they newer to you?" Kogo asked.

“The elders have told such tales though often with more blood, but it is good to hear it from the source. Mostly that Akodo was strong and those that followed him echoed that strength and Honor. The specifics not so much,” she says honestly.

“I did not know that Hantei was holding back.”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Kitsune Kumahime on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:55 am

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:The Unicorn woman pondered on the matter. "Do you know much of the Asako or the Scorpion in general?" She wondered if that question seemed ignorant. "I met some men from those families, Kumahime-dono," she continued, hoping that gave enough context.

"My corner of our forest receives few visitors," Kumahime admits. "I never saw a Scorpion before my journey here, but I've met an Asako once, who came to share knowledge with the healers at the Shrine of the Proud Bear. The Asako are renowned for their knowledge, and this man was truly learned, but he did not use that knowledge as an excuse for arrogance or rudeness. He listened, he shared, and he respected those around him. I liked him. I do not know how normal he was among the Asako, but I want to believe that is the Asako way."

The other question is... more delicate. "The Scorpion... are more difficult to understand. I certainly don't. They are... clever. The Bayushi lead from the front, the Shosuro serve quietly from behind, and the Soshi and Yogo... they are the priests, and I seldom hear people talking about them unless it's some dramatic tale of dreadful curses and maddening illusions. I suspect their plays exaggerate... oh, and the Scorpion are said to put on the finest plays in Rokugan. The Shosuro are said to be masters of the art."
Fox Clan • Bushi • Large • Gullible • Student of the Proud Bear • Amateur Veterinarian • One Eye
Status 1.0 • Glory 1.0 • Honor 3.5 • Courtship 0
Carries: Daisho, tanto, medicine kit
Kitsune Kumahime

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:06 am

Moto Khulun wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Where to begin.... "Akodo was the son of the Sun goddess Amaterasu and the Moon god Onnotangu and was the Kami who founded the Lion Clan, as you well know. Akodo was a great warrior, perhaps the greatest among the Kami in sheer physical power and dauntless courage. He came to earth with his siblings and battled his brother for control of the empire in its early form. But at the last moment, he realized that his brother, Hantei, could have slain him at any time, but chose not to because of his unwillingness to spill his blood. And so, Akodo vowed to serve his brother as emperor, along with all his clan. It is said that when the last Akodo falls, so will the last Hantei." She took a small breath. "When he decided to found his Clan, he traveled the empire, meeting many individuals who he fought. Any who he bested, he deemed unworthy. First he met, Ikoma, who spoke to him of his great battles. At first, Akodo was enraged by Ikoma, but gradually he came to respect him. He came to travel with Ikoma and became known as 'Migite' or Right Hand." She looked out to see if her audience was understanding.

“The elders have told such tales though often with more blood, but it is good to hear it from the source. Mostly that Akodo was strong and those that followed him echoed that strength and Honor. The specifics not so much,” she says honestly.

“I did not know that Hantei was holding back.”

Kogo nods. "Hantei, it is said, could have defeated him at any time. Noble Akodo-sama bowed to Hantei-sama and pledged his oath after Hantei spared his life. Akodo-sama could not believe that he could have raised a hand to his own brother. The Lion have been an integral part of the Empire ever since. We are known as the Emperor's Right Hand, whereas the Crane are known as his left. This is also why some difficulties arise between Lion and Crane. We are both devoted, in different ways to the emperor, but we also wish for his attention and favors." Probably best not to go too far there. That is territory I do not seek. Let us return to history.

"Akodo-sama, after finding noble Ikoma-sama, found Lady Matsu, the founder of my family. She had not sought him out to challenge him it is said and initially refused him. But eventually, they fought and it is said their battle shook sky and land. He asked her for her hand multiple times, but she refused. Finally, she married the 4th follower of Akodo, though she was always loyal to Akodo-sama forever after. It is said she did so because, as the wife of Akodo-sama, she would only be his wife, but as the wife of his 4th follower, he would be the husband of Matsu. And in that tradition, all men who marry into the Matsu tribe take their wife's name and all men who marry out of the Matsu tribe must leave it behind."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:15 am

"I like this Matsu," she says with a firm nod.
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:37 am

Moto Khulun wrote:"I like this Matsu," she says with a firm nod.

"I suspect you might enjoy her story most Moto-san. She was a bold, fierce, brave warrior, who was umatched in her fighting abilities and ferocity. When Akodo-sama fought her to see who would serve the other, he added a clause that if he won, she would accept his proposal of marriage. She added the clause that he would never ask her again if she won. And she did, fiery til the end. It is said that she loved Akodo-sama dearly, but she could not agree to be any man's bride." Kogo paused. Perhaps that is why I reacted so strongly. She reminds me more of a true Matsu than myself at times.

"It is said that Akodo's eye was lost, defending Matsu when all her honor guard were scattered and she stood alone against Fu Leng. Blood from a demon washed his eye and he lost sight after he slay the demon charging Matsu. They fled, but afterwards, Matsu-sama led his troops and he became known as Akodo One-eye." Kogo remembered the first time her mother had told her this story. But in her version, it was a warning to be less hot headed than others in her clan. She could hear it clear as day.

For though Matsu was bold, brave and fierce, had she thought for a moment, Akodo might not have lost his eye. Who knows what would have been true, had that not occurred. So little cub, though your heart is pure and brave, do not disparage those who think a moment or find another path. They have much to offer a warrior.

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:02 am

Doji Fukawa wrote:"Please do not do that, Moto-san." she asks, very politely. "I can tell from your words you meant no harm. If you call attention to it loudly, then it will attract the notice of those who might have missed it. Those who have already noticed it, and wish me ill, will not be swayed by your words, no matter how honest and sincere."

This argument feels... spurious to Butaj.

"Why would anyone wish you ill? It can't be jealousy, and not over Butaj. There is enough Unicorn men for all maidens to marry."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:10 am

Matsu Kogo wrote:"I suspect you might enjoy her story most Moto-san. She was a bold, fierce, brave warrior, who was umatched in her fighting abilities and ferocity. When Akodo-sama fought her to see who would serve the other, he added a clause that if he won, she would accept his proposal of marriage. She added the clause that he would never ask her again if she won. And she did, fiery til the end. It is said that she loved Akodo-sama dearly, but she could not agree to be any man's bride." Kogo paused. Perhaps that is why I reacted so strongly. She reminds me more of a true Matsu than myself at times.

"It is said that Akodo's eye was lost, defending Matsu when all her honor guard were scattered and she stood alone against Fu Leng. Blood from a demon washed his eye and he lost sight after he slay the demon charging Matsu. They fled, but afterwards, Matsu-sama led his troops and he became known as Akodo One-eye." Kogo remembered the first time her mother had told her this story. But in her version, it was a warning to be less hot headed than others in her clan. She could hear it clear as day.

For though Matsu was bold, brave and fierce, had she thought for a moment, Akodo might not have lost his eye. Who knows what would have been true, had that not occurred. So little cub, though your heart is pure and brave, do not disparage those who think a moment or find another path. They have much to offer a warrior.

Khulun chuckles and says, “Matsu has my respect… she would get along well with Otaku.”

“Lion have impressed me this day!”
Moto Khulun

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:26 am

Chi-Pu nods at Khulun's statement.

"Aye, The Lion are a true Great Clan."

Chi-Pu looms to Kogo with admiration in her eyes.

And then, her stomach let out a loud growl
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:53 am

Moto Butaj wrote:
Doji Fukawa wrote:"Please do not do that, Moto-san." she asks, very politely. "I can tell from your words you meant no harm. If you call attention to it loudly, then it will attract the notice of those who might have missed it. Those who have already noticed it, and wish me ill, will not be swayed by your words, no matter how honest and sincere."

This argument feels... spurious to Butaj.

"Why would anyone wish you ill? It can't be jealousy, and not over Butaj. There is enough Unicorn men for all maidens to marry."

Fukawa taps her fan considering the answer. Just how much honesty could she tell the Moto without the Unicorn packing up and riding away?

"That is...a difficult thing to explain, Moto-san." she says.

She looks at her fan, as if the answer is there.

"I could simply say that there are some people who are not friendly to me, and leave it at that, but.....perhaps, Moto-san, if you could tell me more about the people the Unicorn encountered on their travels, I could explain it better?" she poses.
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center