Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Re: Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:26 pm

Togashi Udo wrote:Udo looks at her curiously. "Balance is key in all things, no?"

He exhales audibly. "I apologize, when you spend your life with monks, you get into certain habits of speech. I hope you don't hold it against me." He feigns a smile. "I really was just looking to continue our conversation."

"I do not hold it against you," she said, tentatively, if only due to the language barrier. Yue smiled back, genuinely. "I have been enjoying the conversation and would like to continue speaking with you, Udo-dono."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:41 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"Well, that's a given. I don't think anyone comes to a miai with the plan to find a spouse they will absolutely detest?" the Hare jested. "Surely, Matsu-sama has preferences of some sort? A fierce warrior to accompany him perhaps, or a clever homemaker who will look after your house and children?"

"You got me there Usagi-san." he conceded before furrowing his brow in thought "I would say..." he sighed "I do not know. I really don't Usagi-san. Creating expectations might not be the best, since we might end up marrying someone completely different."

"Let the person be a good samurai. Someone with whom I may one day create a greater bond. That would be enough for me."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Togashi Udo on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:43 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:"I do not hold it against you," she said, tentatively, if only due to the language barrier. Yue smiled back, genuinely. "I have been enjoying the conversation and would like to continue speaking with you, Udo-dono."

"Good, I am glad. I would not like to think the most charming Unicorn I've met did not like me in return." Udo bows slightly. Flattery never hurt anyone!

"You've seen many lands beyond the Empire? What sight impressed you the most? I know for me, in the Empire, I am always awestruck when a mighty wind blows across the peaks, lifting snow into the air like a giant cloud. The wind is change, and the snow are my Clan... ever content to stay in the mountains, but always cast into the world. But like the snow, are we not better for it? Does that cloud of snow not turn to rain which can better the Empire?"
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:51 pm

Togashi Udo wrote:"Good, I am glad. I would not like to think the most charming Unicorn I've met did not like me in return." Udo bows slightly. Flattery never hurt anyone!

"You've seen many lands beyond the Empire? What sight impressed you the most? I know for me, in the Empire, I am always awestruck when a mighty wind blows across the peaks, lifting snow into the air like a giant cloud. The wind is change, and the snow are my Clan... ever content to stay in the mountains, but always cast into the world. But like the snow, are we not better for it? Does that cloud of snow not turn to rain which can better the Empire?"

Am I the only Unicorn you have met? She chose to ignore the compliment verbally but returned the bow to him.

The Unicorn was a bit lost with the speech, her trying to picture everything while translating it all in her head. "There was much sand, Udo-dono," she replied, mostly as a joke. She hoped he'd find that funny.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Togashi Udo on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:56 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:Am I the only Unicorn you have met? She chose to ignore the compliment verbally but returned the bow to him.

The Unicorn was a bit lost with the speech, her trying to picture everything while translating it all in her head. "There was much sand, Udo-dono," she replied, mostly as a joke. She hoped he'd find that funny.

Udo nods, completely missing the joke. "Sand and snow. So similar and so different. A fitting juxtaposition for the circumstances."

At some point, Udo was going to realize how he shouldn't use big words.
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:04 pm

Matsu Nintoku wrote:"You got me there Usagi-san." he conceded before furrowing his brow in thought "I would say..." he sighed "I do not know. I really don't Usagi-san. Creating expectations might not be the best, since we might end up marrying someone completely different."

"Let the person be a good samurai. Someone with whom I may one day create a greater bond. That would be enough for me."

"Fair enough," the Usagi nodded, "I shall keep an eye out for anyone who could be worthy of Matsu-sama then! It is the least one can do when one of our numbers married Matsu Shikyo-dono's daughter."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:16 pm

"Well your clan certainly distinguished itself over the past years." he replied "Though I thought most of the Hare were bushi. Are you a warrior yourself Usagi-san?"
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:19 pm

A small frown appeared, but soon dispelled with a polite smile. "No, I'm not, Matsu-sama. I am... unsuited for warfare, sadly, no matter how much of a warrior's heart I might have. Instead, it was arranged for me to be trained outside the clan, and I studied with the Asako loremasters."
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:37 am

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"Matsu Kogo-sama is truly a fine example of your most esteemed Family. I am honored to have met her today... and you as well, of course!" Another dip of the head in Nintoku's direction.

"Guessing by such a handsome stature, I assume Matsu-sama is a bushi as well? No doubt, you look the most forward to the physical challenges our noble hosts might provide?" the Hare snickered playfully behind her fan.

Matsu Nintoku wrote:
Usagi Tomoe wrote:"Well, that's a given. I don't think anyone comes to a miai with the plan to find a spouse they will absolutely detest?" the Hare jested. "Surely, Matsu-sama has preferences of some sort? A fierce warrior to accompany him perhaps, or a clever homemaker who will look after your house and children?"

"You got me there Usagi-san." he conceded before furrowing his brow in thought "I would say..." he sighed "I do not know. I really don't Usagi-san. Creating expectations might not be the best, since we might end up marrying someone completely different."

Kogo spent a great deal of that conversation blushing behind her fan, content to let the Hare converse with her clansmate while she recovered and watched intently. When the subject came up of what kind of husband she would prefer, Kogo realized she had thought little of her preferences, only of what her family required. That is something to quickly be thinking of. This Hare will ask me in a thrice, and I must also know for my own choices.

When Matsu-san discussed his desire for someone who is a good samurai, Kogo felt his words settle into her chest. It was a definite place to start. Other things could be found or worked with, but one who one spends their whole life with must live within their values.

"Please do keep an eye out for me as well Usagi-san. I will rely on your quick wit and knowledge." She spoke with a sparkle in her eye and a flirt of her fan.
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:44 am

"Of course I will, Matsu-sama!" the Hare replied in a chipper tone. "As long as I can ask you both to do the same, right? I have full trust in the honorable samurai of the Matsu to be a good judge of character for someone suitable." And by that, she of course meant both of them.

In a way, Tomoe counted herself lucky in that she didn't have to consider men from all the clans! Not that Nintoku was bad to look at, and it certainly would've been a very fine match... and then there was the very vexing but fun Soshi Yuuru. But duty was duty, and she was determined to succeed in this marital-task set before her.
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:51 am

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"Of course I will, Matsu-sama!" the Hare replied in a chipper tone. "As long as I can ask you both to do the same, right? I have full trust in the honorable samurai of the Matsu to be a good judge of character for someone suitable." And by that, she of course meant both of them.

In a way, Tomoe counted herself lucky in that she didn't have to consider men from all the clans! Not that Nintoku was bad to look at, and it certainly would've been a very fine match... and then there was the very vexing but fun Soshi Yuuru. But duty was duty, and she was determined to succeed in this marital-task set before her.

Kogo nodded. "I will do my utmost Usagi-san. For it is best if we all succeed here and bring strength to the Empire by bringing the Unicorn into our clans and homes."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:04 am

Bayushi Suteichi wrote:
Ide Amaya wrote:Amaya had spent her life sleeping on a thin mat with sand for a bed, it seemed to her that it mattered little if the roof overhead was canvas or stone or stars. Amaya fluttered her fan, the press of bodies and the dull roar of conversations was beginning to wear on her.

Earnestly she looked up at Suteichi, "with the deepest respect, I should retire and prepare for tonight's feast, I hope you do not think me rude. If it pleases Bayushi Suteichi-Sama and Hotaru-Sama, perhaps we could meet tomorrow to further our discussions? Provided you are free?"

"I have no reason at all to find you rude. I have some time in the afternoon available for the both of you. Will that suffice?"

Hotaru watched Amaya make her leave and turned her attention to her fellow cousin who remained. "That was pretty well done of you, Bayushi-san! A scheduled meeting on first acquaintance. I should have never doubt what could happen when two alike minds meet together! You mentioned that you were from Kyuden Bayushi? I've never been, but I have a brother who stayed there during his schooling. Is it as grand as they say it is?"
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:21 am

Moto Khulun wrote:She folds her arms and says, “Tell me of this Scorpion you wish to wrestle tomorrow?”

"Soshi Yuuru, warrior, outdoorsman, scout? Sturdy and level-headed if Butaj can tell, but not shying away from challenge. We exchanged handshakes rather than just those fancy bows."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:22 am

"Interesting, I will have two reasons to see you crush him," she says with a grin.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:24 am

Asako Hirase wrote:

He inclined his head, smiling again. "It is a unique benefit of my situation. For the right woman, at least."

Politely, he asked, "Other than an ability to continue your path in the military, what were you hoping to find?"

"They must accept my role as a Nikutai. They must accept the ways of the Unicorn. They must maitain the tenants of bushido, especially Compassion."

She thinks a little before continuing.

"Being handsom is always a plus. Last, we must care for each other. And yourself?"
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center