D1 LM Niten Style (Open)

Re: D1 LM Niten Style (Open)

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:51 am

Suteichi popped his fan open to mask his lips.

"I wish to know what makes you, you. I am curious of your character as well as you strength. I am curious what type of friend and confidant you are. There is more to you and that requires having a deeper understanding. Here I am, a Bayushi who has acquired your attention. You are curious of the man of many words, if I am just words or am I the man who makes his words come to life. Anyone can talk, and if you listen long enough you'll be able to tell who is just all talk and who can back their words up. You're curious to know how well I can use the aiguichi. You're curious if there is more to me. I only hope to have you understand who I am."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:10 am

It was hard, no, near impossible not to get swept up by words like that. Though with no fan to hide behind she just had to rely on her warriors will to not make a fool of herself by smiling like a little girl so openly, which luckily she had more than a sufficient amount of but it was clear enough that he'd managed to impress her some there by her silence that followed.
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:14 am

During her kata performance, Yue did one giant overhead swing, a bit dramatic for an actual fighting technique. However, following that mock strike, she shot a glance at Suteichi. She then went on with her demonstration...
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:21 am

Suteichi kept his eyes on the demonstration. He caught Lin Yue's glance and gave a slight nod. He closed his fan and tapped his lips. "I look forward to the morning workout, Shinjo-sama. Understand that I am new to this, I am learning. Your clan's ways are most fascinating to me. "
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:14 pm

"How fortunate that you were sent here to my Clan's new lands to participate in our Miai, for your own interests," she paused in a way that seemed to imply she meant hers as well but wasn't going to give him that much just yet. Even if he was already sure of it himself admitting it would have been another step. One she intended to leave for later.

"Tomorrow morning should prove to be both entertaining and enlightening."
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:38 pm

That little Liu Fei said almost made Suteichi smile. He concentrated more on keeping his composure. He too did not want to let on that she was actually getting to him. He gave a simple nod in agreement still watching the match going on.

"Indeed tomorrow shall be interesting. I must confess Shinjo-sama, I had never thought of becoming so...physical for a first outing. In the sharing of our cultures, I hope to not be a disappointment. After all, I want our honor and respect for one another to remain, intact... for further fostering."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:43 pm

At least he's not craven enough to be shaken by that display.

Yue contemplated on something a bit more forward but she could not think of anything else. Instead, she was satisfied with meeting his eyes whenever she could as she swung her tetsubo about.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:28 pm

Yuuru nodded as he watched and when she finished he bowed politely, "A most interesting form. Do many wield the tetsubo among your people?"
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:33 pm

Fei, as well, watched. Using the action of watching as a buffer that gave her plenty of control over herself as she wanted it.

"Tomorrow should allow for the chance to gain plenty of respect for one another. I hope you are not a disappointment tomorrow either. It would be boring if it was a one sided match, of course,"
she teased her admitting her interest and then quickly turned heel to keep the game intact.
Last edited by Shinjo Liu Fei on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:44 pm

Soshi Yuuru wrote:Yuuru nodded as he watched and when she finished he bowed politely, "A most interesting form. Do many wield the tetsubo among your people?"

Yue gave him a deep bow in return. "Arigatou gozaimasu," she announced, again with each syllable being stressed as she searched for accuracy. She then looked to her tetsubo and back to him. "I cannot say it is common, Yuuru-dono. The," she paused, searching for the right word in Rokugani. It came out awkwardly. "Scimitar. The scimitar is the favored weapon of the Unicorn. However, my school is known for employing a variety of weapons."

She hefted the tetsubo up onto her shoulder. "My stature makes the tetsubo an excellent choice, Yuuru-dono." She looked over to Fei. "And my sister favors the naginata. However, those of her school do exclusively use it."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:46 pm

"Interesting... Is there a name for you or your sister's school? Does it originate from the early days of the empire or from your travels?"
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:51 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:
Soshi Yuuru wrote:Yuuru nodded as he watched and when she finished he bowed politely, "A most interesting form. Do many wield the tetsubo among your people?"

Yue gave him a deep bow in return. "Arigatou gozaimasu," she announced, again with each syllable being stressed as she searched for accuracy. She then looked to her tetsubo and back to him. "I cannot say it is common, Yuuru-dono. The," she paused, searching for the right word in Rokugani. It came out awkwardly. "Scimitar. The scimitar is the favored weapon of the Unicorn. However, my school is known for employing a variety of weapons."

She hefted the tetsubo up onto her shoulder. "My stature makes the tetsubo an excellent choice, Yuuru-dono." She looked over to Fei. "And my sister favors the naginata. However, those of her school do exclusively use it."

So...this is sister...

"You and your sister's style is most impressive." Suteichi took a step forward and gave a formal bow to her. "This one is Bayushi Suteichi."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:01 pm

"I am trained under the Style of the Moto, Yuuru-dono. It originated during our travels," she clarified, unsure how much the Soshi knew about the Moto Family's history. "My sister trained under the traditional Shinjo Bushi school. Its techniques trace back to the early days."

Yue then turned to the man eyeing up her sister. She set her tetsubo with its tip against the floor and gave a deep bow to the Bayushi, despite her current reservations. "Watakushi wa Shinjo Liu Yue desu," she said in response. Only her own name was spoken with fluidity. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Suteichi-dono."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:06 pm

"This day is truly a splendid one. My fellow clansman and I have been honored to witness such raw talent. Such fierceness. Such vigor. Truly remarkable."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:50 pm

Liu Fei stepped forward with Suteichi as the two groups melded into one. Though, as she had nothing to say she cast a quick glance toward the other Shinjo, Hanashi. It wasn't without her notice that he had inadvertently helped her earlier and she wasn't about to allow herself to forget to settle up there when she found the chance.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

PreviousNext

Return to Calm Heart Dojo