Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Re: Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:43 pm

Togashi Udo wrote:Udo turned to face the newcomer... and inclined his head upward. She was quite tall. Bowing to her, he says "It is a pleasure, Shinjo-san. This one is Togashi Udo." He looks up at her again. "It was a good speech, and it is a blessing that the Unicorn have returned to us. After long travels, there is no feeling like returning home, and no embrace like that of a family." He smiled at her.

Togashi was a name she was at least familiar with. Her concerns were alleviated, now replaced by curiosity. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Udo-dono," she said, returning his smile. Her eyes shifted to his tattoos. "Gomennasai. I cannot help for noticing your tattoos, Udo-dono. Do they carry some meaning among your Family?"

As for her sister, Yue had separated earlier in an effort to have a little more freedom. Despite their closeness, there were times when the younger wanted to have some space!
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Togashi Udo on Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:49 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:Togashi was a name she was at least familiar with. Her concerns were alleviated, now replaced by curiosity. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Udo-dono," she said, returning his smile. Her eyes shifted to his tattoos. "Gomennasai. I cannot help for noticing your tattoos, Udo-dono. Do they carry some meaning among your Family?"

As for her sister, Yue had separated earlier in an effort to have a little more freedom. Despite their closeness, there were times when the younger wanted to have some space!

"I am an ise zumi, one of the Togashi Order of Tattooed Monks. They have meaning to the Order, and they give individual Samurai great power in times of need. You can often tell the status of a monk of the Togashi Order by the number of tattoos, for only those of great skill and wisdom can gain more tattoos."

He tilts his head to the side and lifts one shoulder in a half shrug. "I, of course, am here for the miai. Duty opens the door to wisdom. Though, I must say it did not take much convincing to get me to come meet the Unicorn. One seeking knowledge could find no happier match."

Udo was in good spirits, and feeling quite forthcoming and complimentary. That's what a good speech can do :)
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:00 pm

Togashi Udo wrote:"I am an ise zumi, one of the Togashi Order of Tattooed Monks. They have meaning to the Order, and they give individual Samurai great power in times of need. You can often tell the status of a monk of the Togashi Order by the number of tattoos, for only those of great skill and wisdom can gain more tattoos."

He tilts his head to the side and lifts one shoulder in a half shrug. "I, of course, am here for the miai. Duty opens the door to wisdom. Though, I must say it did not take much convincing to get me to come meet the Unicorn. One seeking knowledge could find no happier match."

Udo was in good spirits, and feeling quite forthcoming and complimentary. That's what a good speech can do :)

"Ise zumi," she repeated a few times to commit it to memory. Her pronunciations were slow and deliberate. "These tattoos signify your position instead of a wakizashi then, Udo-dono?"

Still she smiled. "I am glad to see you are excited about our arrival." She paused, searching for the Rokugani words to express her emotion. "It makes for a nice homecoming, Udo-dono."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Togashi Udo on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:20 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:"Ise zumi," she repeated a few times to commit it to memory. Her pronunciations were slow and deliberate. "These tattoos signify your position instead of a wakizashi then, Udo-dono?"

Still she smiled. "I am glad to see you are excited about our arrival." She paused, searching for the Rokugani words to express her emotion. "It makes for a nice homecoming, Udo-dono."

"In a way, yes, though perhaps slightly less deliberately. We all have the way we outwardly present ourselves, but it doesn't always speak to what's inside, no?" He pauses to allow a moment for thought.

"I am glad you're homecoming is nice. I'd imagine it is jarring. If I may be so bold, Ide-sama spoke of jarring customs... what has been most jarring for you, Shinjo-san?"

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:20 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo brightens. "Truly learned you are Usagi-san. I will be guided by your wisdom in this."

"Well, I've read a lot," she said with a bright smile and looked around to see who were currently not occupied in conversation. "And I'm always happy to socialize, meet new people, and share knowledge."

"I think I see one of your fellow Matsu on his own, Matsu-sama. Shall we rescue him from his solitude?" The Hare pointed behind her fan in the direction of Matsu Nintoku.

Nintoku had abstained from mingling with the rest of the people, instead remaining to the side, silently assessing the various contenders and potential brides.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:26 pm

Togashi Udo wrote:"In a way, yes, though perhaps slightly less deliberately. We all have the way we outwardly present ourselves, but it doesn't always speak to what's inside, no?" He pauses to allow a moment for thought.

"I am glad you're homecoming is nice. I'd imagine it is jarring. If I may be so bold, Ide-sama spoke of jarring customs... what has been most jarring for you, Shinjo-san?"

Yue thought on the man's words, the outward presentation, the masks the Yogo had spoken of, physical or otherwise. "Hai." She continued smiling through the inquiry. "The masks of the Scorpion are strange to me, Udo-dono. However, I believe I am starting to understand the concept."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:29 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo brightens. "Truly learned you are Usagi-san. I will be guided by your wisdom in this."

"Well, I've read a lot," she said with a bright smile and looked around to see who were currently not occupied in conversation. "And I'm always happy to socialize, meet new people, and share knowledge."

"I think I see one of your fellow Matsu on his own, Matsu-sama. Shall we rescue him from his solitude?" The Hare pointed behind her fan in the direction of Matsu Nintoku.

Kogo shut her fan. "That sounds like an excellent idea. Matsu-sama is an agreeable gentleman, from what I know of him." Kogo proceeds towards him, waiting for Usagi-san to be near before bowing and saying, "Greetings Matsu-Sama, may I and my companion join you?"
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:33 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo shut her fan. "That sounds like an excellent idea. Matsu-sama is an agreeable gentleman, from what I know of him." Kogo proceeds towards him, waiting for Usagi-san to be near before bowing and saying, "Greetings Matsu-Sama, may I and my companion join you?"

The Matsu calmly turned his gaze to his clansmate, greeting her with a polite nod. "Matsu-san." he shifted his eyes to the Usagi, greeting her with an identical nod "I would be very grateful to enjoy the company of both of you."
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:39 pm

"Pleasure to meet you, Matsu-sama," the Hare bowed and smiled cheerfully. "Usagi Tomoe, historian of the Hare Clan. Now, who is this second Matsu I have the honor of meeting this afternoon?"
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:44 pm

"Matsu Nintuko." he said with an affable tone. "I see the first Matsu Usagi-san met was Matsu Koga-san. I myself only managed to meet her in person today, but she is truly an honorable and good member of my family."

"It was very appropriate and a promise to even better days." he said plainly "I for one look forward for the events to come."
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:50 pm

"Matsu Kogo-sama is truly a fine example of your most esteemed Family. I am honored to have met her today... and you as well, of course!" Another dip of the head in Nintoku's direction.

"Guessing by such a handsome stature, I assume Matsu-sama is a bushi as well? No doubt, you look the most forward to the physical challenges our noble hosts might provide?" the Hare snickered playfully behind her fan.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:52 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:Butaj rubs stubble on his cheek.

"Some look like a little too young for Butaj, hard to tell if their hips will strengthen or they are already the way they can be. Butaj doesn't know a terrible lot about hips of women getting strong."

She laughs and shakes her head and says, “Women are stronger than you think and our hips are a mystery you should not worry yourself about. Many of these samurai are quite young and will still grow and fill out with time, it is known.”

“Perhaps you should practice being a gentle lover if you fear hurting your future wife.”
Last edited by Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Togashi Udo on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:57 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:Yue thought on the man's words, the outward presentation, the masks the Yogo had spoken of, physical or otherwise. "Hai." She continued smiling through the inquiry. "The masks of the Scorpion are strange to me, Udo-dono. However, I believe I am starting to understand the concept."

"A mask hides the truth, but a body is just a different manifestation of the truth. I have little use for masks, though I understand their purpose to the Scorpion. I am this," he indicates his body, "and I am more. Just as you are that," he gestures to her "and more."

"But there is no need to get into the nature of truth on a fine afternoon such as this. Tell me, what are you looking forward to at the miai or back in the Empire? Perhaps I can help you experience it."

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:58 pm

"Indeed I am." he replied in the same affable tone, seemingly unfazed by her compliments "Though I would say it is a very safe bet to assume a Matsu is a bushi. Few of my cousins have ever chosen the path of the courtier and those that have is often for reasons of greater force."

"Certainly those challenges will suit me best." he nodded "I did polish my horsemanship before coming here as well. I assumed since I was to marry an Unicorn at least I would improve on my skills to make our relationship as affable as possible."

He eyed the small courtier, assessing her for a brief moment "Usagi-san said she was an historian correct? I'd say her skills will also be very useful given the need to close the gap between our wayward cousins and ourselves."
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:00 pm

"Gentle lover? Butaj would like to be one if it would please his wife but... how is Butaj supposed to practice that?"

He looks at Khulun with embarrassment and concern.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center