Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Re: Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Postby Matsu Yurio on Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:06 pm

Ide Samai wrote:"Fortunate indeed Matsu-san. Tomorrow perhaps, would be good for you? Unless you have other plans?" She opened her fan, though holding at a low angle.

"Hm... we do havve a practice of wrestling that my bushi cousins know more about. We also bought some other games from our journeys, chess for example."

"Agreed. As long as the events of the miai allow. Jiujutsu is an honourable form of combat. It is good to hear your still subscribe to it's practice. Chesss . . . . ?"

She had lost him with the last word, unable to even hazard a guess at it's meaning.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:19 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:The only retort she could think of was, "I cannot imagine that to be a popular opinion among those present here, Yuichi-dono." She shuffled in her feet, the hint that showed that she was unsure of what more to say. She found the man to be fascinating in his own way, despite his strange mannerisms. However, she was starting to believe in what he said about his company bringing bad favor among others.

'' Ha! Precisely! Your observation powers serve you well, Shinjo-san.'' Yuichi said. '' Faced with truth people will feel discomfort and disturbance. That's good. Only by accepting who you truly are, you can carry on with your life and the truth is that my mask defines precisely what I am. There's no bigger truth than that. '' Once again, it would seem that Yuichi was smirking behind his mask.
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
|Glory/Infamy: 1.0/0.0| Honor: Honorless Dog| Status: 1.0| Courtship Points: -2
Mon: Scorpion, Yogo
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:23 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:Butaj weathers good-hearted jabs with a smile. He is known to be uneager in setting up gers and checking on the horses, but he always makes it up!

"Butaj wants a wife from a strong family so it benefits the Unicorn. He also wants a wife that likes him and respects him, that wants to understand our ways and customs. Butaj dreams of a fellow lover of music... But Butaj doesn't know much about love so it would be strange if Butaj wished that before he learns. Butaj also imagines that he needs a wife that will not break when Butaj will be siring wee Butajs."

That gets her laughing loudly and then she replies, “I will keep my eyes open for such a strong woman with the hips to bear many little Butaj kids. Most of these woman look quite fragile to me.”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:26 pm

Yogo Yuichi wrote:'' Ha! Precisely! Your observation powers serve you well, Shinjo-san.'' Yuichi said. '' Faced with truth people will feel discomfort and disturbance. That's good. Only by accepting who you truly are, you can carry on with your life and the truth is that my mask defines precisely what I am. There's no bigger truth than that. '' Once again, it would seem that Yuichi was smirking behind his mask.

"I know who I am, Yuichi-dono," she responded, her confidence coming back, "I am a bushi of the Unicorn and Shinjo." She turned the scarred side of her face to him gave upon. "Nothing can change this truth, Yuichi-dono."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Asako Hirase on Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:29 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:Chi-Pu considers the answer a long while, closing her eyes as she does.

After some time, she opens them and looks directly into the Asako's eyes.

"I am sorry for your loss. Tell me, as your previous marriage has given you the gift of life, would you want your second to do so as well, or are you content with raising your first for some time?"

Chi-Pu looks quite contemplative, as if considering something of great importance.

He gave her the honor of considering the matter carefully instead of answering glibly with no thought.

"My wife will have the right of continued lineage, of course. If she desires children, then I shall of course do my part to see that she has what she wants. If she does not? I would not take it amiss. I know that some warrior women do not care for the disruption from their career that childbearing requires. I would not stand in the way."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:36 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:"I know who I am, Yuichi-dono," she responded, her confidence coming back, "I am a bushi of the Unicorn and Shinjo." She turned the scarred side of her face to him gave upon. "Nothing can change this truth, Yuichi-dono."

'' Haha! Good! That's the spirit!...'' Yuichi maniacally laughs. '' ...Ha! you are an interesting ningen, Shinjo-san. '' He says while trying to catch his breath.
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:50 pm

Yogo Yuichi wrote:'' Haha! Good! That's the spirit!...'' Yuichi maniacally laughs. '' ...Ha! you are an interesting ningen, Shinjo-san. '' He says while trying to catch his breath.

The Shinjo certainly did not expect this reaction. She stood there and waited for him to catch his breath before continuing. "Thank you, Yuichi-dono," she replied, assuming he meant that as a compliment. "I imagine that you will find others of my Clan interesting as well."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:14 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:The Shinjo certainly did not expect this reaction. She stood there and waited for him to catch his breath before continuing. "Thank you, Yuichi-dono," she replied, assuming he meant that as a compliment. "I imagine that you will find others of my Clan interesting as well."

'' I hope so. If the rest of your clan is as interesting as you, then probably this miai thing will not be a waste of my time. '' He says.

Then Yuichi took two steps backwards '' We will probably meet again Shinjo Liu Yue-san, did I pronounce it well? In any case until then, may you carry the fortunes. '' The Scorpion made a slight bow.

Finally the Scorpion started walking away, it seems that the crowd opened a path to this strange Yogo, and more than one took out their fans and began whispering.

/Exit

[OOC]

Thanks Liu Yue! I really enjoyed this conversation ;)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Togashi Udo on Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:17 pm

Udo definitely enjoyed the speech and spends time in the area after it is finished, doing nothing in particular.

[Feel free to PM me to chat here]
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:24 pm

Asako Hirase wrote:He gave her the honor of considering the matter carefully instead of answering glibly with no thought.

"My wife will have the right of continued lineage, of course. If she desires children, then I shall of course do my part to see that she has what she wants. If she does not? I would not take it amiss. I know that some warrior women do not care for the disruption from their career that childbearing requires. I would not stand in the way."

Chi-Pu's eyes widen a little in surprise.

"That...That is certainly something I must consider then, Asako-san. In fact, there is a reason I am much older than most here. I have been putting off marriage for some time due to my duties as a leader to my sisters, and truth be told, was not something I wanted to give up..."

She raises a hand to her lips and taps the corner.

"I must speak with a superior about what is expected of me in carrying on my bloodline of course..."

Chi-Pu's features seem to have softened and she looks quite a bit more relaxed and happy than when she first began speaking with the Phoenix.
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:27 pm

Yogo Yuichi wrote:'' I hope so. If the rest of your clan is as interesting as you, then probably this miai thing will not be a waste of my time. '' He says.

Then Yuichi took two steps backwards '' We will probably meet again Shinjo Liu Yue-san, did I pronounce it well? In any case until then, may you carry the fortunes. '' The Scorpion made a slight bow.

Finally the Scorpion started walking away, it seems that the crowd opened a path to this strange Yogo, and more than one took out their fans and began whispering.

/Exit

[OOC]

Thanks Liu Yue! I really enjoyed this conversation ;)

"It is never a waste of time if it is your Duty," she said, seeing it fit to remind him at least of that. "Hai," she replied, in regards to her name. She then gave him a deep bow for his departure. "May you carry the fortunes, Yuichi-dono."

Togashi Udo wrote:Udo definitely enjoyed the speech and spends time in the area after it is finished, doing nothing in particular.

The Unicorn then searched for more conversation partners. Big sis said it was time to get to know the men. A man with tattoos caught her interest. She hesitated for a slight moment, afraid that he would be eccentric like the Yogo, but ended up approaching him nonetheless. "Konnichiwa. Watakushi wa Shinjo Liu Yue desu," she announced to him, followed with a deep bow. She was unsure, at the moment, why he possessed not even a wakizashi.

Am I greeting a heimin? No, no, hopefully not.

---

OOC: Same goes to you Yuichi!

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:33 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:That gets her laughing loudly and then she replies, “I will keep my eyes open for such a strong woman with the hips to bear many little Butaj kids. Most of these woman look quite fragile to me.”

Butaj rubs stubble on his cheek.

"Some look like a little too young for Butaj, hard to tell if their hips will strengthen or they are already the way they can be. Butaj doesn't know a terrible lot about hips of women getting strong."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:34 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo brightens. "Truly learned you are Usagi-san. I will be guided by your wisdom in this."

"Well, I've read a lot," she said with a bright smile and looked around to see who were currently not occupied in conversation. "And I'm always happy to socialize, meet new people, and share knowledge."

"I think I see one of your fellow Matsu on his own, Matsu-sama. Shall we rescue him from his solitude?" The Hare pointed behind her fan in the direction of Matsu Nintoku.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Togashi Udo on Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:35 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:The Unicorn then searched for more conversation partners. Big sis said it was time to get to know the men. A man with tattoos caught her interest. She hesitated for a slight moment, afraid that he would be eccentric like the Yogo, but ended up approaching him nonetheless. "Konnichiwa. Watakushi wa Shinjo Liu Yue desu," she announced to him, followed with a deep bow. She was unsure, at the moment, why he possessed not even a wakizashi.

Am I greeting a heimin? No, no, hopefully not.

Udo turned to face the newcomer... and inclined his head upward. She was quite tall. Bowing to her, he says "It is a pleasure, Shinjo-san. This one is Togashi Udo." He looks up at her again. "It was a good speech, and it is a blessing that the Unicorn have returned to us. After long travels, there is no feeling like returning home, and no embrace like that of a family." He smiled at her.
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:40 pm

Surely she had been here the entire time but only now did Liu FeI actually appear not taken up by some business or another. Somewhere separated from her sister Liu Fei watched the gathered Samurai mingling, after her rather pleasant morning so far she was enjoying the sight of Rokugan's different Clans, people, gathered here.

It was kinda cool.

[PM me so I don't miss your approach!]
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center