The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evening]

Re: The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evenin

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:49 pm

"Coming!"

Butaj excuses the Phoenix, forsakes wiping his beard, rises and moves like a dancer (no, really!) between obstacles until, very near Chi-Pu and the Lioness, he encounters... a very gentle woman in blue!

"Hello! Are you having fun? Butaj is just getting started!"
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:09 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:"Coming!"

Butaj excuses the Phoenix, forsakes wiping his beard, rises and moves like a dancer (no, really!) between obstacles until, very near Chi-Pu and the Lioness, he encounters... a very gentle woman in blue!

"Hello! Are you having fun? Butaj is just getting started!"

Fukawa rose and offers the burly bearded barbarian a proper bow.

"Indeed, I am Unicorn-san." she replies in her musical, melodic voice. "Our hosts have done very, very well this evening I believe."

"I am Doji Fukawa, an honor to meet you. My dining companions seem to have had to leave early. Would you do me the honor of sitting awhile and conversing?"
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:14 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo takes a brief duck behind her fan to hide her blush. Aieee the Unicorn are even bolder than I. But perhaps that is why I was sent. In some circumstances, I would have done just the same thing. Kogo returns from behind her fan and says "He was performing earlier, was he not?"

"Indeed he was. Moto Butaj is a man of many talents."

Chi-Pu watches as the Crane woman intercepts Butaj.

"And apparently is quite popular because of said talents. Do you know the woman in blue?"
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:21 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo takes a brief duck behind her fan to hide her blush. Aieee the Unicorn are even bolder than I. But perhaps that is why I was sent. In some circumstances, I would have done just the same thing. Kogo returns from behind her fan and says "He was performing earlier, was he not?"

"Indeed he was. Moto Butaj is a man of many talents."

Chi-Pu watches as the Crane woman intercepts Butaj.

"And apparently is quite popular because of said talents. Do you know the woman in blue?"

Kogo looks briefly at the Doji. "I am afraid I do not. She is a member of the Doji family of the Crane Clan. But that is all I can tell you from here."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:26 pm

From the crisis of scarcity to the crisis of abundance! Butaj is now conflicted, should he stay or should he go? The Doji is nice and pleasant and alone and deserted...

"Butaj is Moto Butaj and is glad to be your dining companion for now, Doji Fukawa! He is not as smooth a talker as you are, but will try to entertain."

He glances at Chi-Pu.

"Cover for Butaj, lella Chi-Pu! Butaj wants to meet the Lioness but host duties!"
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:35 pm

Chi-Pu nods to Butaj and turns her attention back to Kogo.

"Well, she seems to have swooped in like a Crane would."

Chi-Pu puts a hand on her stomach

"What does the Lion Clan think of the Crane?"
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:36 pm

The Moto while eating and drinking was intrigued to listen to the Lion assessment of the Crane.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Ide Samai on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:39 pm

Shinjo Akil wrote:
Ide Samai wrote:
"Mantis clan? No, I haven't heard to br honest. How do you find her?" she thought through his ogic. It was sound, quite sound actually. "You put quite some thought into this. Which arte do you prefer?"

"I am a flutist in my spare time," he offered, "I figured that it was a good place to expand the skills I already possess, instead of attempting to force myself into a role that would not suit me. Though of course I only have so much choice there."

"My apologies Shinjo-san, I did not know. That does seem like a worthwhile endeavor. I myself am an amateur storyteller in my spare time." She looked around among the gathered samurai-ko. "Is there anyone you would like me to... scout perhaps? I am happy to help my clan find their places.
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:09 pm

Seppun Hideo wrote:
Moshi Asakiko wrote:"But it aids in ones blessings and Hotei no kami should be pleased." She asked. "I am. I am specially interested in the new variety they can bring on the artistic side rather than the food side." She chuckled.

"Ah, the arts" Hideo nodded approvingly "a more preferable thought indeed. From what I have surmised from conversations, storytelling is the main art of the Unicorn. The sharing of stories from generation to generation. Is Moshi-san a storyteller?"

"No Seppun sama. I am diviner and a florist. I also play the flute." She chuckled. "I heard that the Unicorn have met a culture that has some kind of divination. It seems interesting."
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:19 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:Chi-Pu nods to Butaj and turns her attention back to Kogo.

"Well, she seems to have swooped in like a Crane would."

Chi-Pu puts a hand on her stomach

"What does the Lion Clan think of the Crane?"

Kogo pauses. "It is...complex, the relationship between the Lion and the Crane. We have some different ideas on how a samurai's life should be lived and sometimes, these can lead to conflicts."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:21 pm

Yuzuki wrote:"One finds lots of things on the ground, yes. Anyway, I didn't mean any offense. It just seemed to be an odd choice to me, that's all. I imagine lots of things about the empire seem odd to you as well."

That hidden smile withered away but little was lost. "Yes, things are quite different here. I'm learning that quickly. Gokiburi and I are partners, we understand one another. I didn't name him like I would some item I have taken a fondness to, he had some say in his own name."
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:22 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo pauses. "It is...complex, the relationship between the Lion and the Crane. We have some different ideas on how a samurai's life should be lived and sometimes, these can lead to conflicts."

Khulun likes complicated she adds while sitting with the Shimizu, “What are these different ideas?”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:48 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:From the crisis of scarcity to the crisis of abundance! Butaj is now conflicted, should he stay or should he go? The Doji is nice and pleasant and alone and deserted...

"Butaj is Moto Butaj and is glad to be your dining companion for now, Doji Fukawa! He is not as smooth a talker as you are, but will try to entertain."

He glances at Chi-Pu.

"Cover for Butaj, lella Chi-Pu! Butaj wants to meet the Lioness but host duties!"

Well that was one way to communicate across a room without spending years developing a secret series of gestures. While the shouting was uncouth, the general cheer of the Unicorn and his devotion to host duties moved the Unicorn up a notch in the Crane's estimation. Besides, he'd probably been drinking, so she could ignore a few minor errors.

"A pleasure to meet you Moto-san." she says politely. "I find food is always improved with good company to accompany it. And those who have made this food have done a fine job showcasing both cultures in a pleasant manner, I believe."

At least that's what the Crane thought, but in a few hours, the Cheese would have it's Revenge!
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:57 pm

Butaj smiles wide as he takes the nearby seat.

"Ooh, has Doji Fukawa tried the goat cheese curds? Butaj likes them spicy, and always has a supply of southern spices to spice the curds up! Butaj also can return the compliment, the raw marinated fish was delicious, Butaj ate two plates, sprinkled with cucumin! And the lobster was a bit like pheasant, just more tender and juicy, it went down great with kumis. Butaj's palate is very inspired now, and his stomach full. Two great cooking traditions meeting together make Butaj happy."

Moto Butaj

Postby Yuzuki on Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:09 pm

Shinjo Liu Fei wrote:That hidden smile withered away but little was lost. "Yes, things are quite different here. I'm learning that quickly. Gokiburi and I are partners, we understand one another. I didn't name him like I would some item I have taken a fondness to, he had some say in his own name."

"I don't understand. Horses can't talk, so how'd he have a say?"
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center