Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Re: Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Postby Asako Hirase on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:55 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:Chi-Pu chuckles a little.

"Really it is more a tradition of the Moto than any other family. It is an amusing thing to see."

Chi-Pu glances out over the crowd, observing for a moment the various groups who have begun to intermingle.

"There is much to learn, for all of us. If I may be so bold, what is it you look for in a wife, Asako-san? When this is all over, we will have the chance to pick someone after all. Have you thought much about any qualities you want?"

"You are not bold." The smile remained long enough to reassure before sliding into thoughtfulness. "I am in a more complicated situation than most. I was wed before, you see, and have a son by that union. My wife was a warrior and fell in battle a little under two years ago, now. That means that my most pressing concern is finding a woman who will get on well with the child. Outside of that?"

Thoughtfully, he frowned.

"I have never much subscribed to the principle of 'like to like' when it comes to matches. If I marry another courtier, that adds no new strengths to the family, only emphasizes what I possess. I do not know if a shugenja would wed one who lacks that talent, though I have a spiritual education that would suit such a one. Given my own experiences, however, I think I favor a warrior bride."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:12 pm

Chi-Pu considers the answer a long while, closing her eyes as she does.

After some time, she opens them and looks directly into the Asako's eyes.

"I am sorry for your loss. Tell me, as your previous marriage has given you the gift of life, would you want your second to do so as well, or are you content with raising your first for some time?"

Chi-Pu looks quite contemplative, as if considering something of great importance.
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Matsu Yurio on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:13 pm

Ide Samai wrote:
"Oh?" She eyed her Moto, Shinjo and Otaku cousins. "That certainly seems quite thrilling. Perhaps you would be open for a demonstration sometime Matsu-san?" Her voice was hopeful as her gaze turned towards the blonde Kitteh.

"It is fortunate I brought a kemari ball with me then."

He glanced about but was too short to spot any of his clanmates around him.

"Have the Unicorn brought any sports back with them?"
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:15 pm

"Oh, Butaj has been busy riding out and making friends! Two Soshi men seem decent enough, Butaj will wrestle one of them tomorrow, see what the Scorpion are made of and tell our maidens. One Ide warned Butaj of the Scorpion, but desert scorpions are wise creatures, knowing how to survive harsh conditions, so maybe they can fit in. Less luck with brides for Butaj so far though, Butaj doesn't want the dishonest Rabbit with a carrot up her butt. Who are those Rabbits even?"

The man uplifts himself with a smile.

"But there will be the feast, and then singing by the fires, maybe Butaj will have more luck then!"
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Seppun Hitako on Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:25 pm

Seppun Hideo wrote:"It would be something important to know though, depending just how they were able to cast" Hideo said, his voice dropping "it could require some adjustments to ward spells."

"A good point. Especially if they have somehow gained potency in some way. I will see if I can learn anything of the sort."
Seppun Hitako
Imperial • Shugenja • Sahir • Friendly Jinn
Honor: What is expected • Glory: 1 • Status: 1.5 • Courtship: 9
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Ide Samai on Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:25 pm

Matsu Yurio wrote:
Ide Samai wrote:

"It is fortunate I brought a kemari ball with me then."

He glanced about but was too short to spot any of his clanmates around him.

"Have the Unicorn brought any sports back with them?"

"Fortunate indeed Matsu-san. Tomorrow perhaps, would be good for you? Unless you have other plans?" She opened her fan, though holding at a low angle.

"Hm... we do havve a practice of wrestling that my bushi cousins know more about. We also bought some other games from our journeys, chess for example."
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:27 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:"Oh, Butaj has been busy riding out and making friends! Two Soshi men seem decent enough, Butaj will wrestle one of them tomorrow, see what the Scorpion are made of and tell our maidens. One Ide warned Butaj of the Scorpion, but desert scorpions are wise creatures, knowing how to survive harsh conditions, so maybe they can fit in. Less luck with brides for Butaj so far though, Butaj doesn't want the dishonest Rabbit with a carrot up her butt. Who are those Rabbits even?"

The man uplifts himself with a smile.

"But there will be the feast, and then singing by the fires, maybe Butaj will have more luck then!"

“Rabbits did not impress they bring no men for me to embarrass and send home with bloodied faces and broken teeth, pity. Scorpion have two mouths one to spit pretty words another to spit lies; it is known. Perhaps a wife with two mouths good for Butaj?” she says with a dark chuckle.

“Feast should be good I expect to hear you sing and impress the pretty faces. Make yourself useful for once,” she teases.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Ide Amaya on Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:34 pm

Bayushi Hotaru wrote:
Bayushi Suteichi wrote:"I have no reason at all to find you rude. I have some time in the afternoon available for the both of you. Will that suffice?"

"Nor do I find any issues with your leave either, Ide-san!" She gave a look at the crowd around her and chuckled at the different groups of people that were standing back to back, likely competing in some small way in volume to talk to each other. "It's been getting busy here and I'm sure the excitement will simmer down slightly by dinner, further conversations will be had at a later time."

"The afternoon shouldn't interfere much with my plans in the morning, seeing to the time and morning prayers, so that should be just fine with me." She nodded eagerly.

Bowing, "with my thanks, it has been an honour, and I look forward to our meeting again." With that, she slips away, in the direction of the yurts.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:03 pm

"Not really, Butaj doesn't want to share his wife with other men. And if she gets angry at Butaj, she would shout from two mouths? Oh no."

Still, he smirks at the comment, then pounds his chest.

"Butaj will do what Butaj does best, of that you can be sure, Sayyeda Khulun!"
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:50 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:"Not really, Butaj doesn't want to share his wife with other men. And if she gets angry at Butaj, she would shout from two mouths? Oh no."

Still, he smirks at the comment, then pounds his chest.

"Butaj will do what Butaj does best, of that you can be sure, Sayyeda Khulun!"

“Napping under date trees is not going to impress the women here,” she says with a wicked grin.

“Then again, perhaps it will. If I see any that you like I should send them your way. What is Butaj looking for, what is good wife for Butaj?”

She adds in a dry tone, “I know two mouths, not so good and Rabbits not so tasty.”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:19 pm

Seppun Hitako wrote:"A good point. Especially if they have somehow gained potency in some way. I will see if I can learn anything of the sort."

"I never doubted that you would" Hideo said with an approving nod "perhaps one could be considered as a marriage prospect once we understand the ways they call upon the kami. It would certainly be a more sensible option, neh? Priest families brought together will ensure a better chance for the children to be able to commune with the kami."
Last edited by Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:25 pm

Yogo Yuichi wrote:
Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:She kept herself from sighing. "Whatever you say, Yuichi-dono." She put her fan back over her lips. "Perhaps, in another setting, you could enlighten me more on this topic."

'' It would be my pleasure, I'm sure you will love the details...'' He says.

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:Her eyes shifted to the mask. "For now I would like to ask you about your mask. We of the Unicorn use those only in battle, Yuichi-dono." She allowed the man to fill in the rest.

'' But right now we are in the middle of a battle, Shinjo-san'' He replied. '' I suppose it will be hard to grasp that concept, as you just recently returned, but let me tell you that right now, -you are- in the middle of a battle. A battle of words and appearances. A battle without weapons but equally deadly.''

'' Look around you, all of us samurai are wearing masks. But we, in the Scorpion clan, are kind enough to not hide that fact '' He says.

'' But if you are wondering why I'm wearing this particular mask, I'm afraid that the reason it's quite simple. I wear it because I like it.'' He shrugs.

Liu Yue glanced once more at the others and then back to her conversation partner. "I understand what you mean," she replied, "In a way, the fan serves as a mask. That is what I believe."

Scorpion Clan and their masks. I see.

"What do you like about it?" she asked. She thought if it as an inane question to ask but she was truly curious.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:35 pm

Butaj weathers good-hearted jabs with a smile. He is known to be uneager in setting up gers and checking on the horses, but he always makes it up!

"Butaj wants a wife from a strong family so it benefits the Unicorn. He also wants a wife that likes him and respects him, that wants to understand our ways and customs. Butaj dreams of a fellow lover of music... But Butaj doesn't know much about love so it would be strange if Butaj wished that before he learns. Butaj also imagines that he needs a wife that will not break when Butaj will be siring wee Butajs."

Moto Butaj

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:41 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:Liu Yue glanced once more at the others and then back to her conversation partner. "I understand what you mean," she replied, "In a way, the fan serves as a mask. That is what I believe."

"What do you like about it?" she asked. She thought if it as an inane question to ask but she was truly curious.

Yuichi took a moment to think. '' Hmm I guess I like it because it truly shows what I am, instead of what I could be pretending to be. This mask speak with truth. What is beneath it, usually does not. '' He replied to her question.
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
|Glory/Infamy: 1.0/0.0| Honor: Honorless Dog| Status: 1.0| Courtship Points: -2
Mon: Scorpion, Yogo
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:48 pm

Yogo Yuichi wrote:Yuichi took a moment to think. '' Hmm I guess I like it because it truly shows what I am, instead of what I could be pretending to be. This mask speak with truth. What is beneath it, usually does not. '' He replied to her question.

The only retort she could think of was, "I cannot imagine that to be a popular opinion among those present here, Yuichi-dono." She shuffled in her feet, the hint that showed that she was unsure of what more to say. She found the man to be fascinating in his own way, despite his strange mannerisms. However, she was starting to believe in what he said about his company bringing bad favor among others.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center