The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evening]

Re: The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evenin

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:18 am

To that, Butaj needs not be encouraged! He grips a skin and lifts it, then leans back with his head and pours fresh kumis straight to his mouth, without regurgitation! But kumis flows so fast it still spills across his beard and cheeks!
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:00 am

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:
Iuchi Batul wrote:"A samurai cannot go against his word, Tomonaga-san, what you have offered, you cannot take back anymore." She playfully teased. "Maybe if I deem it brober quality, I can talk to Ide family and have some bought from Tomonaga-san's business. In exchange, maybe you can get some cheese to go with sake."

His face exaggeratedly solemn, Tomonaga bowed. "You are right, of course, Iuchi-san. A samurai cannot go back on his word." Straightening, he smiled. "Besides, I really do think you'll enjoy it."

He turned to Hiroji. "Hiroji-san, I gave you some Golden Carp to try, right? I can't imagine I wouldn't have, seeing as we traveled together and all, but I'm used to travelling with family members. And they've all tried it, of course."

Hiroji nods. "You have Tomonaga-sama. It was very good."
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

Status: 1.0 - Honor: What is Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Courtship Points: 2

"..."

Carries with him: Sturdy Clothing, Walking Stick, Chopsticks, Small Mirror
Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Ide Samai on Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:02 am

Shinjo Akil wrote:"Hm," he looked around. "I talked to the Mantis woman, Yuzuki. Did you know there was a Mantis clan? Isn't that odd? Anyway, she was a bit... different, but seemed nice enough. There was an Asako woman I met, but I didn't get much impression yet. Oh, and a Yogo woman... Mizuki? Again, not much impression, but it was the during the opening ceremony so we both sort of focused on that." He took a breath, "I think, from a practical perspective, the Scorpion, Crane, or Phoenix make the best sense for me? Especially were I to marry into a new family, there are artisan traditions that I can latch to if I join one of them."

"Mantis clan? No, I haven't heard to br honest. How do you find her?" she thought through his ogic. It was sound, quite sound actually. "You put quite some thought into this. Which arte do you prefer?"
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Kakita Nanami on Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:34 am

Moto Baatar wrote:"Don't get huffy," the Unicorn boy replied, seeming baffled by Nanami's response. "What am I supposed to think, when you say you can talk to kami? That only happens in stories!"

"Oh really?" he asked, curious despite his obvious skepticism. "Why is that happening? Did someone offend the gods somehow?"

"Bater-san," the Crane replied, mangling the name despite effort, eyes narrowed very slightly, "I suspect you and your people have a long way to go before you learn what will be required of you in the Empire." After all, she thought, surely someone must have told the Unicorn attending this event how to act; you couldn't blame their teachers if they didn't learn it well enough.

"But as your people have been away for so long..." She took a slight breath, "No one truly understands why the kami are harder to speak to - or why trying to speak to them is a cause of sickness for some now." Perhaps, she thought to herself, they were displeased at the return of the Unicorn.
Crane Clan • Agasha Trained • Shugenja • Small • Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 2
Carried: Wakizashi, Tanto, Straw Hat, Cricket in a Cage
Kakita Nanami

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:52 am

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo nods. "I have brought my copy of Leadership with me, if you wish to borrow it. I find it makes for an educational read at most any time."

Kogo follows her gaze. "It does appear auspicious. Hopefully we have many more days and nights like this. Are feasts of great import to the Unicorn clan?"

"I couldn't take your only extra copy, there might be many more who want to read it."

Chi-Pu glances around the banquet again.

"I wouldn't say of great import, but sharing a meal is always considered something special. Is it not the same here?"

Kogo looks a little more serious. "I would be honored if you would borrow my copy. If others choose to ask me, we could always do a small teaching session together. Akodo's Leadership is one of my favorite texts to discuss. Please, if you are interested, accept my humble offering." Kogo thinks. "It is, though in many courts, I suspect the meals might be less...lively. I find it refreshing."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Akil on Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:52 am

Ide Samai wrote:
"Mantis clan? No, I haven't heard to br honest. How do you find her?" she thought through his ogic. It was sound, quite sound actually. "You put quite some thought into this. Which arte do you prefer?"

"I am a flutist in my spare time," he offered, "I figured that it was a good place to expand the skills I already possess, instead of attempting to force myself into a role that would not suit me. Though of course I only have so much choice there."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Permanent Injury | Hero

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 1

"Want to be a hero? I have some advice for you. It hurts like hell."

Mekhem

Equipment: Daisho, tanto, flute, sturdy clothing, sake cup

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:06 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo looks a little more serious. "I would be honored if you would borrow my copy. If others choose to ask me, we could always do a small teaching session together. Akodo's Leadership is one of my favorite texts to discuss. Please, if you are interested, accept my humble offering." Kogo thinks. "It is, though in many courts, I suspect the meals might be less...lively. I find it refreshing."

"There could be schedule conflicts though! What if a lesson presents itself but I am otherwise engaged? There are many here who would love to learn, myself included, and only so much time."

Chi-Pu places two fingers on the table edge, as if counting something in her head.

Moto Khulun wrote:Hearing the tale the Moto princess let’s out another ululation and says loudly, “Well told Butaj!”

“Now drown that dry throat with kumis!” She looks back to the Lion with a mirthful smile.

Hearing the Moto let out her call, Chi-Pu turns her head and smiles and then looks back to Kogo

"That would be a war call of the Moto. Also a call used for celebration."
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:10 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo looks a little more serious. "I would be honored if you would borrow my copy. If others choose to ask me, we could always do a small teaching session together. Akodo's Leadership is one of my favorite texts to discuss. Please, if you are interested, accept my humble offering." Kogo thinks. "It is, though in many courts, I suspect the meals might be less...lively. I find it refreshing."

"There could be schedule conflicts though! What if a lesson presents itself but I am otherwise engaged? There are many here who would love to learn, myself included, and only so much time."

Chi-Pu places two fingers on the table edge, as if counting something in her head.

Moto Khulun wrote:Hearing the tale the Moto princess let’s out another ululation and says loudly, “Well told Butaj!”

“Now drown that dry throat with kumis!” She looks back to the Lion with a mirthful smile.

Hearing the Moto let out her call, Chi-Pu turns her head and smiles and then looks back to Kogo

"That would be a war call of the Moto. Also a call used for celebration."

Kogo smiles ruefully. "I hear you Otaku-san. It feels as though there will never be enough hours. If you wish to read even for a brief time, feel free to come at any time and borrow it. If not, there will be no hurt feelings, for this miai definitely seems a time of great import. " Kogo follows her gaze. "I was wondering. The Matsu have something as well, but I believe it is primarily used on the battle field." Kogo smiles a bit. "The Moto seem to be an exuberant family."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:20 pm

"I would be most happy to then, Matsu-san. Thank you for the opportunity."

Chi-Pu looks around again as her stomach rumbles a bit.

"The Moto are a wonderful family. Perhaps one is free tonight you could meet."

She she gazes at Butaj for a moment, wondering if the man is involved in conversation.

"As far as borrowing Leadership goes, did the Lion all make camp together, or are you spread out in the Yurts to mingle more with people?

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:23 pm

Kaiu Hiroji wrote:Hiroji nods. "You have Tomonaga-sama. It was very good."

Tomonaga acknowledges this with a grin.

Iuchi Batul wrote:"Traveling together, sharing a yurt together, fighting together... these always unite beoble. I think this is why we also have close relation with our heimin. When you struggle together, you come close. Even if few words are said." She added to help out the Kaiu.

Tomonaga's eyebrows go up. "Huh, I hadn't heard that the Unicorn and their heimin are so close." He swirls the sake in his cup for a few moments, considering. "My family... well, I think that's a good thing, being close with heimin. I mean, even just looking at it practically, everyone drinks sake, right? We hope they want to drink Golden Carp, too."

He looks more directly at Batul. "So, is there a place where Unicorn go to drink? Crab have sake halls; you can tell them by the singing coming from them. Do Unicorn have anything like that, or do you just go to each others' yurts?"
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:26 pm

Butaj is currently not in conversation! He has just finished drowning his throat with kumis and is now looking for something to wipe his beard with.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:35 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:"I would be most happy to then, Matsu-san. Thank you for the opportunity."

Chi-Pu looks around again as her stomach rumbles a bit.

"The Moto are a wonderful family. Perhaps one is free tonight you could meet."

She she gazes at Butaj for a moment, wondering if the man is involved in conversation.

"As far as borrowing Leadership goes, did the Lion all make camp together, or are you spread out in the Yurts to mingle more with people?

She looks thoughtful for a moment. "I would be interested in meeting another of your clan."
Kogo looks down for a moment, thinking. "We are clumped a bit, but not all next to each other. Shimizu-san is near me, for the convenience of Noburu and Kyra."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:39 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:Butaj is currently not in conversation! He has just finished drowning his throat with kumis and is now looking for something to wipe his beard with.

Fukawa's dining companions had excused themselves early. She thought it was strange, the lobster rolls had been done quite well, and it was surprising to see them so far from the sea. But perhaps the Unicorn had some sort of pre-dawn ritual to attend to the next day?

Still, it was not in the social Crane's nature to leave a dinner early. There did seem to be some sort of wild, crumb-filled, bearded barbarian wandering about searching for something. Perhaps he could grant a different point of view about the Unicorn?
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:41 pm

"Wonderful! That way, when I come to learn from Leadership, I can speak with friends I already know!"

She smiles brightly and then her stomach gurgles rather loudly causing her to groan softly. Spotting the Butaj alone, Chi-Pu motions to him.

"Moto-san! This Lioness would like to meet you! Come here and speak with her!"

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:47 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:"Wonderful! That way, when I come to learn from Leadership, I can speak with friends I already know!"

She smiles brightly and then her stomach gurgles rather loudly causing her to groan softly. Spotting the Butaj alone, Chi-Pu motions to him.

"Moto-san! This Lioness would like to meet you! Come here and speak with her!"

Kogo takes a brief duck behind her fan to hide her blush. Aieee the Unicorn are even bolder than I. But perhaps that is why I was sent. In some circumstances, I would have done just the same thing. Kogo returns from behind her fan and says "He was performing earlier, was he not?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center