Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Re: Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:19 am

Seppun Hitako wrote:"I'm not sure. That's why I mentioned monks, though he is a participant, so... who knows? It will be interesting to find out!"

"It would be something important to know though, depending just how they were able to cast" Hideo said, his voice dropping "it could require some adjustments to ward spells."
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:49 am

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:
Asako Hirase wrote:"I look forward to it." A small smile graced his features for a moment before being tucked away again. "Alas, that there is no market. A bottle to share with the stories would have been lovely."

"I am sure there is some to be found somewhere. I know many from my clan have Kumis available."

“Oh we will have kumis, when the seas turn red and the sky burns at the end of days there will be kumis, mark my words. Phoenix, may the winds mask your scent and turn the wolves from your tracks,” she says with a nod of respect.

“Otaku-nikutai,” she adds playfully, “This one is not too wordy, if you don’t throw him over your horse someone else will!”

She laughs heartily and then wanders back into the crowd to mingle or murder… whichever came first.

OOC: PM if you approach…
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Isawa Nonin on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:51 am

Otaku Imane wrote:The little Otaku smiled brightly at Nonin's praise. "Why yes, yes she is! Faster than the wind and as nimble as a dancer.". Casually she patted her horse's neck, turning to look at it.

"But don't let it go to your head dear."

She returned her gaze to the Phoenix. "Perhaps you can help me to understand something Isawa Nonin-sama?". Imane leaned a little closer. "What has happened to make the Empire's horses so...well...little?"

Nonin cannot help but burst out laughing. "We ask how your horses got so big, Otaku-san!"

He quickly composed himself and bowed, "Forgive me my outburst, Otaku-san. The absurdity of the contrasting viewpoints overwhelmed me." He pondered for a moment. "I would venture to suggest that our horses are smaller because they have had less range to roam in, less fodder to eat and less need to be able to run as fast as the wind as the amazing horses of your clan."
Isawa NoninPhoenix Clan • Shugenja • Animals Like Me
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Wakizashi, Medicine Kit, another Medicine Kit, Scroll Satchel
Sometimes accompanied by a puppy.
Isawa Nonin

Postby Ide Samai on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:29 am

Matsu Yurio wrote:"I was told I had the frame and poise suitable for dancing, so have learnt some of that art."

A surprising hobby for a Lion perhaps.

"Kemari is also a welcome distraction, but the army takes up most of my time."

"Kemwri?" her voice betrayed confusion. "I have not heard of it before."
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Matsu Yurio on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:55 am

"A courtly game, although enjoyed by bushi as much as those more suited to crossing words. Done in full court dress, or sometimes full armour by fellow bushi. You must keep the ball in the air . . . while maintaining your dignity. It can be quite . . . exhilarating."
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:39 am

Moto Khulun wrote:“Oh we will have kumis, when the seas turn red and the sky burns at the end of days there will be kumis, mark my words. Phoenix, may the winds mask your scent and turn the wolves from your tracks,” she says with a nod of respect.

“Otaku-nikutai,” she adds playfully, “This one is not too wordy, if you don’t throw him over your horse someone else will!”

She laughs heartily and then wanders back into the crowd to mingle or murder… whichever came first.

OOC: PM if you approach…

Chi-Pu chuckles as the Moto departs.

"And what do you think of being thrown over a horse, Asako-san? I imagine your customs are quite different, no?"
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:57 am

Bayushi Suteichi wrote:"I have no reason at all to find you rude. I have some time in the afternoon available for the both of you. Will that suffice?"

"Nor do I find any issues with your leave either, Ide-san!" She gave a look at the crowd around her and chuckled at the different groups of people that were standing back to back, likely competing in some small way in volume to talk to each other. "It's been getting busy here and I'm sure the excitement will simmer down slightly by dinner, further conversations will be had at a later time."

"The afternoon shouldn't interfere much with my plans in the morning, seeing to the time and morning prayers, so that should be just fine with me." She nodded eagerly.
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Asako Hirase on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:25 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:Chi-Pu chuckles as the Moto departs.

"And what do you think of being thrown over a horse, Asako-san? I imagine your customs are quite different, no?"

Rising from his bow to the departing Khulun, the Asako gave a small smile to his companion. "If it is a Unicorn custom, I should learn about it. Participation tends to make a stronger lesson. If it comes to pass, I will do my best to participate properly without annoying the horse or the lady in question overmuch." The mental image kept the smile in place. "I can't expect it's something that one has to do often so I won't be that much more out of practice than any other man, I expect."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:Butaj nods solemnly to Kitakuhime before her departure.

"They never stopped riding, and so we won't stop riding either." He looks around at various colors of clothes of various samurai. "Even around here. The Fifth Wind shall blow."

Khulun wanders the crowd nodding to Unicorn inspecting other samurai, mostly rowning and looking confused at their clothes. She wanted to topuch the silk but that would be bad, so the Ide and older Moto had told her. Instead she stands close to look at it, it smells different… everything has a new odor.

She spies her bastard cousin, Butaj. Usually she would just ignore his presence but he was kin, barely. As Uncle says you may quarrel with cousin but when in a sea of strangers it is then and you and cousin versus the world.

Such was the way of it as she meanders towards him and offers, “So quiet Butaj? What deep thoughts have these strangers filled your head with?”
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:38 pm

Asako Hirase wrote:Rising from his bow to the departing Khulun, the Asako gave a small smile to his companion. "If it is a Unicorn custom, I should learn about it. Participation tends to make a stronger lesson. If it comes to pass, I will do my best to participate properly without annoying the horse or the lady in question overmuch." The mental image kept the smile in place. "I can't expect it's something that one has to do often so I won't be that much more out of practice than any other man, I expect."

Chi-Pu chuckles a little.

"Really it is more a tradition of the Moto than any other family. It is an amusing thing to see."

Chi-Pu glances out over the crowd, observing for a moment the various groups who have begun to intermingle.

"There is much to learn, for all of us. If I may be so bold, what is it you look for in a wife, Asako-san? When this is all over, we will have the chance to pick someone after all. Have you thought much about any qualities you want?"
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:13 pm

"Butaj wonders if they will ever be willing and able to understand us, Sayyeda Khulun. We will take some of them and they will take some of us at the end of this pairing kurultai. Ide Dabo is hopeful and so Butaj should be too. But Butaj played and sang and only Otaku Kitakuhime really reacted. Are they even interested in the soul of out people, or just fear our cavalry and want to tie us down and remake?"

Butaj responds quietly.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:23 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:"Butaj wonders if they will ever be willing and able to understand us, Sayyeda Khulun. We will take some of them and they will take some of us at the end of this pairing kurultai. Ide Dabo is hopeful and so Butaj should be too. But Butaj played and sang and only Otaku Kitakuhime really reacted. Are they even interested in the soul of out people, or just fear our cavalry and want to tie us down and remake?"

Butaj responds quietly.

She nods along and says in a more private tone, “They are only here to get what they can from us, but many mock our ways I hear from the elders. They do not know the joy of our songs and the passion that burn in our hearts. We must make them listen and make them learn.”

She frowns and adds, “Just maybe we can learn something from them.”

“We are home, cousin, but we have yet to make this our home. Be mindful, these strangers speak silk pretty words and will try to deceive us.”

She pats him on the shoulder and adds, “As to your songs, they do not show their joy as we do, but I am sure your voice has touched them. They would have to be stone to not be moved.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Ide Samai on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:35 pm

Matsu Yurio wrote:"A courtly game, although enjoyed by bushi as much as those more suited to crossing words. Done in full court dress, or sometimes full armour by fellow bushi. You must keep the ball in the air . . . while maintaining your dignity. It can be quite . . . exhilarating."

"Oh?" She eyed her Moto, Shinjo and Otaku cousins. "That certainly seems quite thrilling. Perhaps you would be open for a demonstration sometime Matsu-san?" Her voice was hopeful as her gaze turned towards the blonde Kitteh.
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:39 pm

The big Moto nods solemnly.

"Butaj trusts Sayyeda Khulun. He will make them listen and make them learn and he will learn something from them. He will help make a home here for us, this way or another way. And he will be wary of the silken words, even though Butaj likes people and distrusting them is hard to do."

He then grins.

"Even if they are stone, Butaj will sing and play until they crack and crumble."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:45 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:The big Moto nods solemnly.

"Butaj trusts Sayyeda Khulun. He will make them listen and make them learn and he will learn something from them. He will help make a home here for us, this way or another way. And he will be wary of the silken words, even though Butaj likes people and distrusting them is hard to do."

He then grins.

"Even if they are stone, Butaj will sing and play until they crack and crumble."

He was a happy soul, it made it hard to dislike him for something that was not his fault but there it was. She shrugs and adds, “I am sure not all mean us ill, I just… I am slow to trust these strangers but we must make friends.”

She looks around adds, “Have you had much time to meet with prospective brides and friends or too busy singing to break their stony faces. Or is that too much hard work, and you were out back napping until moments ago.”
Moto Khulun

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center