The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evening]

Re: The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evenin

Postby Kitsune Kumahime on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:15 am

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:
Kitsune Kumahime wrote:Kumahime shrugs. "I don't know anyone else here, except my cousin, Kitsune Takeo-sama and even he, I do not know well. But that is why we're here, ne? Get to know each other."

She takes a bite of scallop, slowly savoring it now that she's nearly had her fill. "Oh, that is good." She casts a look towards Yue's still considerable amount of food.

"Sou desu ka." The Unicorn took that as a cue for her to take another bite from her food, again small. "Have you met any men that you favor highly, Kumahime-dono?"

Kumahime nods, approving at the Unicorn getting some much needed sustenance.

"I haven't spoken with any of the Unicorn men yet, actually. At least, not at any length. It's been rather a blur so far. So many new sights."
Fox Clan • Bushi • Large • Gullible • Student of the Proud Bear • Amateur Veterinarian • One Eye
Status 1.0 • Glory 1.0 • Honor 3.5 • Courtship 0
Carries: Daisho, tanto, medicine kit
Kitsune Kumahime

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:22 am

Kitsune Kumahime wrote:Kumahime nods, approving at the Unicorn getting some much needed sustenance.

"I haven't spoken with any of the Unicorn men yet, actually. At least, not at any length. It's been rather a blur so far. So many new sights."

The Unicorn woman pondered on the matter. "Do you know much of the Asako or the Scorpion in general?" She wondered if that question seemed ignorant. "I met some men from those families, Kumahime-dono," she continued, hoping that gave enough context.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:10 am

Seppun Hideo wrote:"One does not need to enjoy all the varieties of life Moshi-san" Hideo chuckled "and the Unicorn will have rice."

Her question caused him to raise a brow.

"This is indeed why I have attended this miai Moshi-san. We have been presented with the chance to learn from our returning kin and be a part of the rebuilding. I would assume that is also why Moshi-san is here. Trading the valley for fields of horses?" He chuckled

"But it aids in ones blessings and Hotei no kami should be pleased." She asked. "I am. I am specially interested in the new variety they can bring on the artistic side rather than the food side." She chuckled.
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:10 am

Moshi Asakiko wrote:"But it aids in ones blessings and Hotei no kami should be pleased." She asked. "I am. I am specially interested in the new variety they can bring on the artistic side rather than the food side." She chuckled.

"Ah, the arts" Hideo nodded approvingly "a more preferable thought indeed. From what I have surmised from conversations, storytelling is the main art of the Unicorn. The sharing of stories from generation to generation. Is Moshi-san a storyteller?"
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:21 am

Matsu Yurio wrote:"Surely you know of Lady Matsu, the Lion Clan Thunder and founder of my line? How she led Akodo-no-kami's armies in the First War and felled Ikoma with a single punch?"

He raised an eyebrow. Every child should be taught this, surely?

"Akodo Misaki is the current Champion of the Lion, Lady of the Right Hand and commander of armies. Victor of the War of Burned Wings, she leads us to honour and glory."

Imane smiled sweetly and sipped some more kumis. "Well of course I have heard of the great Lady Matsu, but I expect you have many more tales of her exploits than I have heard! What Shiotome would not wish to hear the tales of such a glorious samurai-ko?"

She listened intently to the description of Akodo Misaki. "Your Champion sounds like a great warrior in her own right. What was this War of Burned Wings?"

When another Lion arrived Imane turned to look at him and gave a polite nod when introduced by Yurio. "Pleased to meet you Matsu Nintoku-sama. I am enjoying some stories of your people. I hope you have been enjoying your dinner? It is quite a...diverse spread."
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Yuzuki on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:42 am

Shinjo Liu Fei wrote:
Yuzuki wrote:"Eh... I guess it has to do with the places you usually find them?"

"On the ground?" she asked, hiding a smile behind her taciturn expression.

"One finds lots of things on the ground, yes. Anyway, I didn't mean any offense. It just seemed to be an odd choice to me, that's all. I imagine lots of things about the empire seem odd to you as well."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Matsu Yurio on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:12 am

Otaku Imane wrote:Imane smiled sweetly and sipped some more kumis. "Well of course I have heard of the great Lady Matsu, but I expect you have many more tales of her exploits than I have heard! What Shiotome would not wish to hear the tales of such a glorious samurai-ko?"

She listened intently to the description of Akodo Misaki. "Your Champion sounds like a great warrior in her own right. What was this War of Burned Wings?"

When another Lion arrived Imane turned to look at him and gave a polite nod when introduced by Yurio. "Pleased to meet you Matsu Nintoku-sama. I am enjoying some stories of your people. I hope you have been enjoying your dinner? It is quite a...diverse spread."

"The Phoenix offered insult to the entire Empire before the Battle of the Bloody Retreat. They paid for their mistakes during the War of Burned Wings."

A simple statement.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Ide Samai on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:22 am

Shinjo Akil wrote:
Ide Samai wrote:"Certainly, we are thankful. We did know worse hosts." She took another sip from her tea, the blackness cool now.

"I am looking forward to meeting them, and getting to know each other." She paused. "And our home."

"Yes we did," he chuckled. As he looked out, he caught the different colors and sights, smiling a bit. "I cannot wait."

"Well, you will have to wait Shinjo-san." she smiled vividly. "Anyone that caught your interest?"
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Shinjo Akil on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:30 am

"Hm," he looked around. "I talked to the Mantis woman, Yuzuki. Did you know there was a Mantis clan? Isn't that odd? Anyway, she was a bit... different, but seemed nice enough. There was an Asako woman I met, but I didn't get much impression yet. Oh, and a Yogo woman... Mizuki? Again, not much impression, but it was the during the opening ceremony so we both sort of focused on that." He took a breath, "I think, from a practical perspective, the Scorpion, Crane, or Phoenix make the best sense for me? Especially were I to marry into a new family, there are artisan traditions that I can latch to if I join one of them."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Permanent Injury | Hero

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 1

"Want to be a hero? I have some advice for you. It hurts like hell."

Mekhem

Equipment: Daisho, tanto, flute, sturdy clothing, sake cup

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:31 am

"Lady Matsu was one of the greatest warriors to have ever walked on the Empire." he stated plainly "My own mother is descended from her daughter which means great things for my elder sisters."

The mention of the War of the Broken Wings darkened his mood ever so slightly. He seemed to be slightly uncomfortable with that topic so he choose to deftly steer the conversation away from that topic.

"Otaku-san the dinner is delightful." his tone was conciliatory "I am particularly enjoying the cheese. It seems like a salty version of our own tofu."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:41 am

War tales did not seem to be a topic for dinner conversation. She tucked that away for the future.

"I see, well thank you for the information Matsu Yurio-san. There is much history to catch up on."

Imane listened to Nintoku and nodded.

"Yes? It sounds as though there is much that the Matsu and Otaku may have in common." She smiled at the comment about cheese. "Oh your cousin and I were just discussing the differences between cheese and tofu. I like both, although there are many more types of cheese than could be fit upon this table."
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:52 am

"Otaku-san is the second person that says that." he admitted and continued in a neutral tone "Earlier I met one of your clanmates, Shinjo Akil, and he hinted that I would be a good match for an Otaku."

"Well considering this miai will end seeing me marrying a member of the Unicorn I'd say I will have plenty of time to sample those dishes." he continued, his tone noting that he had truthfully liked the Unicorn dishes "How about you Otaku-san? How are you finding our cuisine?"
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Matsu Yurio on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:56 am

Yurio half glanced at Nintoku having no idea why the other Matsu would steer the conversation so.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:03 am

Since Asako Sayuri has either backed down on the drinking time or is so engulfed in drinking that she is unable to converse with Butaj, Butaj feels a little lonely among this throng of conversing people and so he begins to tell a story, trying to draw attention of anyone nearby!

Once upon a time, a little frog lived all alone in a well in a tiny village along the great Nahr'umar. He had just one good eye, but this did not bother him. He loved his well. He loved the water. He loved the sunshine and the storms and everything about the world he inhabited. But sometimes he wished he had a friend.

One night, a powerful storm rose up. Sheets of rain pounded the land. The wind shrieked and howled. The little frog was grateful to be carefully tucked inside his well, but there were other creatures who were not so lucky. Not far from the well, the waters of the Nahr'umar rose higher and higher. All the creatures that lived in those salty waters were stirred and shaken. Suddenly, one enormous wave crashed upon the land, and a great sea turtle was cast ashore.

In the morning, when the storm finally ended, the sun began to shine, and the poor turtle opened his eyes and looked around. He had no idea where he was. He looked in every direction, but no matter how hard he looked, he could not see the Nahr'umar. Still, he was determined to make his way home, and so he set out on a quest to find his home, his family and his friends.

He walked and walked, and he began to grow tired. He was thirsty, too, but he still seemed no closer to home. Many days passed, and the sun was high and hot. After a while, the turtle feared he was going to die, all alone, out there in the world without a friend anywhere in sight.

"I would do anything to find some water," he coughed, and just at that moment, as he stumbled along, he saw the frog's little well.

"Thank Heavens!" he cried, and he climbed onto the well and tumbled in. He was so relieved to feel the cool waters surrounding him that he let out a squeal of delight.

The frog, seeing this stranger splash into his midst, cried, "Who are you?" But without stopping to hear an answer, more questions poured out of him: "Where did you come from? What do you want? Who are you? Tell me everything. Tell me all about you, please."

The turtle was so relieved, he gulped a mouthful of water and answered happily, "I'm turtle. I live in the great Nahr'umar. I lost my way in the terrible storm, and I was so afraid I'd die of thirst that I had to dive in here."

"What will you do now?" asked the frog. His mind was whirling with the possibilities of a neighbor and a friend. This turtle could be someone to talk to, someone to swim with, someone to share his beautiful home.

"Well," the turtle said, after some consideration, "I'd like to go home, but I don't know which direction to travel. If I leave this well, I fear I'll die. Do you think I could stay here and be your neighbor?"

The frog was so delighted to hear this request, he could only mumble, "Yes, of course!" over his croaking, pounding heart.

So the turtle floated, resting and relieved, but the frog had a thousand questions, and he could not help himself: "Tell me, turtle, is your home as beautiful and comfortable as this?"

"Well," turtle said, and he paused. He did not want to be rude, but the basin was so much larger and more beautiful, salty and wild than this tiny well. What could he say?

"Your home is lovely," he said politely.

"But is it as large?" the frog asked. "It can't be as large."

Without thinking, the turtle quickly said, "Oh, my home is much larger. It is impossible to compare the Nahr'umar to this tiny well. My home is so big, no one can measure its breadth and width and length, but this well ... it's a tiny place -- a simple place."

When the one-eyed frog heard this, he was furious. He was certain that there could be no place so large. The turtle must be a braggart, or even worse. Surely he was a liar. Naturally, with just one eye, the well looked enormous to the frog.

And so the frog turned on the turtle and argued, "The Nahr'umar couldn't possibly be bigger than my well. You're lying to me. You're only trying to impress me!"

"Don't be foolish," the turtle said.

"Foolish! You're calling me foolish?" the frog cried. "Fine thing for a liar to say!"

The turtle could not believe these words. He looked straight into the frog's one good eye.

"Think whatever you like," said the turtle, "but the fact is, you know nothing of the world. If you were wise, you would listen to those who know about the great, big world out there. If you were wise, you would pay close attention to those who have experience with life and storms and seas. But since you do not listen, you will remain forever a fool."

With those words, the turtle climbed out of the well and departed. Better, he thought, to move on than to waste the rest of his time with a fool.

And Butaj laughs at the end of it. Clearly, no political message has been intended, none whatsoever.

Day 1 - EE - Butaj Tells Stories! - Awa/Sensation, Voice: 5d10e10k4 17
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:11 am

Hearing the tale the Moto princess let’s out another ululation and says loudly, “Well told Butaj!”

“Now drown that dry throat with kumis!” She looks back to the Lion with a mirthful smile.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center