Bear Fu (D1 LE)

Re: Bear Fu (D1 LE)

Postby Yuzuki on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:25 am

"Oh uh..."

She dusted herself off, despite not really needing to on account of not having been thrown.

"...it doesn't really have a name. It's just how we fight back home, you know? Maybe it's got something to do with the temple of Osano-wo?"
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Kitsune Kumahime on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:07 am

The mention of the temple of Osano-wo catches Kumahime's attention. "Passed down... from Osano-wo-kami himself?" she asks, intensely interested. "From before or after His ascent as a Fortune?"
Fox Clan • Bushi • Large • Gullible • Student of the Proud Bear • Amateur Veterinarian • One Eye
Status 1.0 • Glory 1.0 • Honor 3.5 • Courtship 0
Carries: Daisho, tanto, medicine kit
Kitsune Kumahime

Postby Yuzuki on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:10 am

"Uhm... I was thinking more like the monks sparring with the bushi when it comes time for jiujutsu training, but I guess your way's possible too. The Mantis are pretty big on Osano-Wo, after all, given we were founded by his first-born. There's a huge temple to him in the City of Lightning, where I'm from."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Kitsune Kumahime on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:57 pm

Interesting, interesting. Kumahime ponders for a while, then opens and closes her mouth a few times before choosing her words.

"I have been... studying a topic. Or starting to study. There are certain fighting styles- the heavenly styles- that were not developed by mortals, but rather brought down from the heavens. Akodo style kenjutsu is one of these, brought by the kami himself. I want to test Proud Bear style against a heavenly style of jiujutsu, but I haven't been able to find one. Most styles I look into are completely mortal in their founding."

"I wonder if yours is, or if it comes from the Hida style?"
Fox Clan • Bushi • Large • Gullible • Student of the Proud Bear • Amateur Veterinarian • One Eye
Kitsune Kumahime

Postby Yuzuki on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:02 pm

She shrugged. "You'd have to ask my sensei back home that, I guess. Don't really know anything about that sort of thing."
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Kitsune Kumahime on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:48 am

"By ship?" the Fox asks, curious. "I've been on boats, but never a ship. What is that journey like?"
Kitsune Kumahime

Postby Yuzuki on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:25 am

Yuzuki shrugged, seemingly confused why this wasn't common knowledge.

"Sea's constantly moving. So the ship rocks back and forth, even when the weather's calm. A lot of people who aren't mantis get sick from it."

As she spoke, she looked the woman up and down. The Kitsune really *was* very big, wasn't she? Which gave her an idea.

"Say, are you any good with cooking?"
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Kitsune Kumahime on Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:12 am

"So... much like a boat, but more so..." Kumahime concludes. "It sounds like an adventure! Perhaps I shall have the opportunity some day."

The question that follows, though, catches the Fox off guard. "'Good?' Well, I certainly have practice! Feeding a Proud Bear warrior is quite the feat!" she beats her belly like a drum with her fist, "And feeding an entire dojo of us? A never-ending war! Students take turns helping in the kitchen, and some days, the cooking is more tiring than the training!"
Kitsune Kumahime

Postby Yuzuki on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:38 am

"I brought along a lot of ingredients," she said, "I was hoping to hold another feast for the Unicorn at some point. I might be able to use some help with the preparation. I've never cooked for so many people at once."

She scratched her nose. "I'd hoped to introduce them to Rokugani dishes too. I was kind of disappointed they already had some tonight."
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Kitsune Kumahime on Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:26 pm

Oh? Now there is an idea.

"I would be glad to help; I've never cooked for one. Well, other than survival training. Even if it isn't an introduction, a good meal still brings the people together!"

Though in that moment, a bit she'd heard springs to mind, "Though I hear one of the Crane is a confectioner. Maybe she would have some more ideas that weren't at dinner?"
Kitsune Kumahime

Postby Yuzuki on Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:36 pm

"Hmmm, I'd rather not involve someone from the great clans. Especially not a Crane. They'd probably find a way to take credit."
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Kitsune Kumahime on Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:42 pm

Kumahime shrugs, "As you wish. Never was fond of all that kind of politicking, though. Why is the credit important? Is the dinner about good will for the minor clans?"
Kitsune Kumahime

Postby Yuzuki on Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:47 pm

"Well, I'm personally hoping to make a good impression by doing it, of course. But I wouldn't mind some of that rubbing off on some of the other minor clans."
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Kitsune Kumahime on Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:51 pm

Kumahime nods. "This is sense," she agrees. "And I would be happy to help."
Kitsune Kumahime

Postby Yuzuki on Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:56 pm

"Good. So I've got enough ingredients to feed maybe around 30 people or so? Got some nice variety in there, but obviously I couldn't bring some of the stuff that spoils fast."
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

PreviousNext

Return to Calm Heart Dojo