Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Re: Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:37 am

Yogo Yuichi wrote:'' Haha, you shouldn't say that aloud though. '' The Scorpion look around, searching for any disgusted reactions from the rest of the crowd. He gets close to Yue ''Let me give you an advice you should never mention anything about damaged souls, 'evil', or other 'sensible' topics around these bunch of hypocrites, it would not end well for you.'' Yue couldn't see it but it felt like Yuichi was smirking behind his demon mask.

'' Here...'' The Scorpion offered a small green rock to Yue. '' If there's no reaction then you are fine, probably...''

You are the one who mentioned it first!

She looked at the jade from behind her fan. She knew about jade's effects, at least a rudimentary knowledge. "I could not accept such an item from you," she started, unsure if he would play the gift-exchange game or not.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:44 am

Ide Amaya wrote:
Bayushi Suteichi wrote:"I would be interested in hearing tales of your travels. What you have seen, learned, experienced even. I am sure it would be fascinating. And yes, I have played at court once, at Kyuden Bayushi. Where have you performed?"

He kept the conversation light and did not want her to be nervous or uneasy.

"I, I could never," she managed to keep her tone light and her expression mostly neutral, but her words easily gave away the emotions underneath. "I mean to say that I have not performed for any audience, nor could I imagine doing so. That you have played at court surely speaks highly of your abilities?" She considered for a moment how much to volunteer, "of course, there were no courts on the long ride and, well, that's all I've really known. The ride began before I was born, I have known little but change in my years."

"That means you are adaptable. Being able to adapt is a very good thing to be able to do." He tapped his fan to his chin.

"I hope and I do not mean to be so forward but I would like to hear tales of you adaptability over lunch perhaps. A mere fellowship of samurai over food and tea. Of course, honored cousin here is welcomed to join us. You too should bring along another that we all may share together."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:46 am

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:She looked at the jade from behind her fan. She knew about jade's effects, at least a rudimentary knowledge. "I could not accept such an item from you," she started, unsure if he would play the gift-exchange game or not.

Yuichi was enjoying this turn of events. He was not fond of following what was 'expected', but playing the gift giving 'game' with an Unicorn was very fun, at least for him '' Oh, but I must insist. Protection is paramount and we must be certain that your -most precious belonging- is fine and not damaged, in any way...'' He offered the small jade finger again.
Last edited by Yogo Yuichi on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
|Glory/Infamy: 1.0/0.0| Honor: Honorless Dog| Status: 1.0| Courtship Points: -2
Mon: Scorpion, Yogo
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:49 am

Yogo Yuichi wrote:Yuichi was enjoying this turn of events. He was not fond of following what was 'expected', but playing the gift giving 'game' with an Unicorn was very fun, at least for him '' Oh, but I must insist. Protection is paramount and we must be certain that your -most precious belonging- is fine and not damaged, in any way...'' He offered the small jade finger again.

Liu Yue perked her brow. Most precious belonging. The other Clans love their colored language. She then frowned behind her fan, sure that he knew the game. "If I were to take this from you, then what would keep you guarded, Yuichi-dono?"
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:58 am

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:Liu Yue perked her brow. Most precious belonging. The other Clans love their colored language. She then frowned behind her fan, sure that he knew the game. "If I were to take this from you, then what would keep you guarded, Yuichi-dono?"

'' Me? I can protect myself. I'm a WARDmaster, right? And even if I fail to do so, I'm quite certain that no one would care...'' He laughs.'' ... You have people that care about you, right? Then this small thing will be far more useful to you than to me. Come now, accept it...'' His offer stands.
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Ide Amaya on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:59 am

Bayushi Suteichi wrote:"That means you are adaptable. Being able to adapt is a very good thing to be able to do." He tapped his fan to his chin.

"I hope and I do not mean to be so forward but I would like to hear tales of you adaptability over lunch perhaps. A mere fellowship of samurai over food and tea. Of course, honored cousin here is welcomed to join us. You too should bring along another that we all may share together."

"You flatter me, I would be honoured." Too late she wondered if she should have been less forward herself in accepting. "If I were to bring a kugo, perhaps you would bring your samisen and favour us with a melody?"
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:00 am

Ide Amaya wrote:
Bayushi Suteichi wrote:"That means you are adaptable. Being able to adapt is a very good thing to be able to do." He tapped his fan to his chin.

"You flatter me, I would be honoured." Too late she wondered if she should have been less forward herself in accepting. "If I were to bring a kugo, perhaps you would bring your samisen and favour us with a melody?"

"I will Ide-san."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:18 am

Yogo Yuichi wrote:'' Me? I can protect myself. I'm a WARDmaster, right? And even if I fail to do so, I'm quite certain that no one would care...'' He laughs.'' ... You have people that care about you, right? Then this small thing will be far more useful to you than to me. Come now, accept it...'' His offer stands.

Liu Yue thinks on the matter, totally unsure on the matter of accepting jade in pleasant company. "Very well, thank you for the gift, Yuichi-dono." She folded her fan and then quickly took the jade from him. She placed it away and then looked around for prying eyes.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:34 am

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:Liu Yue thinks on the matter, totally unsure on the matter of accepting jade in pleasant company. "Very well, thank you for the gift, Yuichi-dono." She folded her fan and then quickly took the jade from him. She placed it away and then looked around for prying eyes.

'' You shouldn't be so nervous, it is suspicious you know...'' Yuichi was enjoying this moment. '' Oh, well I guess your soul is quite fine... at least at the surface, but i'm no Kuni nor an Asako nor a Jade magistrate. If you believe that you have been contaminated please you should inform a member of those groups and ask for an inspection. '' He adds playfully.

[OOC]
For the record
-1 Jade Finger, Gave it to Shinjo Liu Yue
Last edited by Yogo Yuichi on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:45 am

Butaj nods solemnly to Kitakuhime before her departure.

"They never stopped riding, and so we won't stop riding either." He looks around at various colors of clothes of various samurai. "Even around here. The Fifth Wind shall blow."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:45 am

"I often have to remind myself that the Unicorn haven't had the same structures as we have here in Rokugan when living a nomadic lifestyle abroad in the Empire beyond. One of those structures is court, which we easily take for granted around here. I was meaning to get around to that topic of what sort of venues do you typically find yourselves in when conducting diplomatic business with other cultures. If this event is any indication, maybe Ide-san and her elders have been bringing to others this entire time," She giggled.

"I hadn't known I was in the company of musicians here but it should come as no surprise around here! I'm not a musician myself, so I can't contribute in the same way at least. Instead, I find myself more swayed to music instead, perhaps much like how the winds are drawn to a chime. I'm trained in the kagura dance, actually," she said with an eager smile as she looked at both in alternation.
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:01 am

Yogo Yuichi wrote:'' You shouldn't be so nervous, it is suspicious you know...'' Yuichi was enjoying this moment. '' Oh, well I guess your soul is quite fine... at least at the surface, but i'm no Kuni nor an Asako nor a Jade magistrate. If you believe that you have been contaminated please you should inform a member of those groups and ask for an inspection. '' He adds playfully.

Yue took a deep breath for he was right. There was no use in calling more attention to herself. "i believe I would have felt something by now, Yuichi-dono." She said, partly to convince herself.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ide Amaya on Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:08 am

Bayushi Hotaru wrote:"I often have to remind myself that the Unicorn haven't had the same structures as we have here in Rokugan when living a nomadic lifestyle abroad in the Empire beyond. One of those structures is court, which we easily take for granted around here. I was meaning to get around to that topic of what sort of venues do you typically find yourselves in when conducting diplomatic business with other cultures. If this event is any indication, maybe Ide-san and her elders have been bringing to others this entire time," She giggled.

"I hadn't known I was in the company of musicians here but it should come as no surprise around here! I'm not a musician myself, so I can't contribute in the same way at least. Instead, I find myself more swayed to music instead, perhaps much like how the winds are drawn to a chime. I'm trained in the kagura dance, actually," she said with an eager smile as she looked at both in alternation.

Amaya looks intrigued at the mention of dance, something to talk about at a later time, perhaps, she makes a note.

"Few places are wrong for diplomacy," addressing both of them, "any place where two people can sit and share tea can host a discussion. The Ide have hosted discussions in tents that appeared only for the duration of talks, in vaulted halls of leather and bone, in temples large and small, of stone and wood, in busy market places surrounded by sound, and empty plains where the wind is your only companion."

She hesitated, looking at the pair of Scorpions, and restrained herself, "like music - like many things - diplomacy comes from inside."
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:34 am

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:Yue took a deep breath for he was right. There was no use in calling more attention to herself. "i believe I would have felt something by now, Yuichi-dono." She said, partly to convince herself.

'' No, no, no... '' He shakes his head. '' Spiritual contamination it's very difficult to detect and quite persistent in time. The first rule to keep yourself clean it is to never be caught off guard. Never underestimate what can damage your soul, Shinjo-san'' This time Yuichi was being quite serious. ''We, the Yogo, know by personal experience what's the price one must pay by foolishly underestimate the power of -those- who want to harm Rokugan. We are the living, talking and walking example...''

'' And these 'fine' people all around us... '' He points to the crowd. '' ...are 'gentle' enough to remind us, each and every day, about our condition. Oh, by the way, you should probably not talk to me for this long, I mean, if you want to have a social life afterwards. '' He laughs.

'' Oh, but do not take me too seriously Shinjo-san. '' He finally adds.
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:44 am

Yogo Yuichi wrote:'' No, no, no... '' He shakes his head. '' Spiritual contamination it's very difficult to detect and quite persistent in time. The first rule to keep yourself clean it is to never be caught off guard. Never underestimate what can damage your soul, Shinjo-san'' This time Yuichi was being quite serious. ''We, the Yogo, know by personal experience what's the price one must pay by foolishly underestimate the power of -those- who want to harm Rokugan. We are the living, talking and walking example...''

'' And these 'fine' people all around us... '' He points to the crowd. '' ...are 'gentle' enough to remind us, each and every day, about our condition. Oh, by the way, you should probably not talk to me for this long, I mean, if you want to have a social life afterwards. '' He laughs.

'' Oh, but do not take me too seriously Shinjo-san. '' He finally adds.

Yue found this line of conversation to be quite odd. They may avoid you for your odd conversation topics, Yuichi-dono. Or perhaps it is because of their judgement that you are like this.

She kept herself from sighing. "Whatever you say, Yuichi-dono." She put her fan back over her lips. "Perhaps, in another setting, you could enlighten me more on this topic."

Her eyes shifted to the mask. "For now I would like to ask you about your mask. We of the Unicorn use those only in battle, Yuichi-dono." She allowed the man to fill in the rest.

Shinjo Liu Yue

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center