Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Re: Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:46 pm

"I am skilled at both poetry and the samisen. Perhaps we should share in our talents of music? Of course if it is all the same with you. I do happen to enjoy the sharing of music."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:49 pm

Yogo Yuichi wrote:
Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:The Unicorn smiled and then looked around, searching for any shugenja. "If I pass by any of the meishodo shugenja I will send them your way, Yuichi-dono."

Yuichi made a slight nod.

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:His question caught her off-guard. She took a moment to pull out her fan and hide her face behind it. "I was immolated on my Clan's journey back here, Yuichi-dono." She left the answer at that, allowing the man to ask any more questions if so desired.

'' Hmm I see...'' He crossed his arms insides his robes ''...magical flames or mundane?'' He continued with his inquiries. His voice still completely neutral.

Yue's lips quivered behind her fan. However, her eyes may have given away the disturbance. "Magical," she confirmed, after she recovered from the question.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:52 pm

Bayushi Suteichi wrote:"I am skilled at both poetry and the samisen. Perhaps we should share in our talents of music? Of course if it is all the same with you. I do happen to enjoy the sharing of music."

Her large eyes widened in awe, a poet and musician? "I would be honoured to hear you play, and perhaps to accompany you, if you think my lack of skill will not give offence?" She gazed, somewhat star-struck, at the man in his finery.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:00 am

Ide Amaya wrote:
Bayushi Suteichi wrote:"I am skilled at both poetry and the samisen. Perhaps we should share in our talents of music? Of course if it is all the same with you. I do happen to enjoy the sharing of music."

Her large eyes widened in awe, a poet and musician? "I would be honoured to hear you play, and perhaps to accompany you, if you think my lack of skill will not give offence?" She gazed, somewhat star-struck, at the man in his finery.

Suteichi of course did not offer a full smile, still maintaining a reserve demeanor.

"Music is an extension of the person. You are not offensive at all. You have been most kind so therefore your music should be as kind as well."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:03 am

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:Yue's lips quivered behind her fan. However, her eyes may have given away the disturbance. "Magical," she confirmed, after she recovered from the question.

'' Hmm... '' Yuichi got a bit closer to the tall girl. He inspected her wounds with his eyes. His discolored white eye was fixed upon Liu Yue.

'' Who was the one that caused your wounds?'' He continues with his questions. Has Yuichi even noticed that the Unicorn girl is disturbed? Who knows...
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
|Glory/Infamy: 1.0/0.0| Honor: Honorless Dog| Status: 1.0| Courtship Points: -2
Mon: Scorpion, Yogo
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Ide Amaya on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:15 am

Bayushi Suteichi wrote:Suteichi of course did not offer a full smile, still maintaining a reserve demeanor.

"Music is an extension of the person. You are not offensive at all. You have been most kind so therefore your music should be as kind as well."

She blushed again and ducked behind her fan. He was so composed and refined, and he was paying attention to her! And she was blushing like a little girl with her cheeks flushed from a hard ride, this would never do. She asked herself what the proud shiotome would do in this situation, but that only served to remind her that she was no battle maiden. In a small voice, "indeed I have heard it said that music must come from the heart." At least she had the good sense not to wonder aloud what was in the couriter's heart.
Last edited by Ide Amaya on Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:19 am

Yogo Yuichi wrote:'' Hmm... '' Yuichi got a bit closer to the tall girl. He inspected her wounds with his eyes. His discolored white eye was fixed upon Liu Yue.

'' Who was the one that caused your wounds?'' He continues with his questions. Has Yuichi even noticed that the Unicorn girl is disturbed? Who knows...

The Unicorn made no more show of her displeasure with the topic. She wondered, though, if this is why she was warned about the Scorpion. "That man is dead, Yuichi-dono. My sister slew him after he assaulted me."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:35 am

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:The Unicorn made no more show of her displeasure with the topic. She wondered, though, if this is why she was warned about the Scorpion. "That man is dead, Yuichi-dono. My sister slew him after he assaulted me."

'' Hmm how curious...'' He replied and then took two steps backward. '' Well, in any case you should take care of those wounds. Magic -always- leaves traces, and I'm not talking about just physical traces...'' Yuichi pointed to Yue's wounds '' ... but to the soul. That's in my opinion far more important than -mere- physical damage. Trust me, i'm kind of an expert about damaged souls '' He adds with a sarcastic tone.
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:38 am

Ide Amaya wrote:
Bayushi Suteichi wrote:Suteichi of course did not offer a full smile, still maintaining a reserve demeanor.

She blushed again and ducked behind her fan. He was so composed and refined, and he was paying attention to her! And she was blushing like a little girl with her cheeks flushed from a hard ride, this would never do. She asked herself what the proud shitome would do in this situation, but that only served to remind her that she was no battle maiden. In a small voice, "indeed I have heard it said that music must come from the heart." At least she had the good sense not to wonder aloud what was in the couriter's heart.

"I have heard that saying as well. I like to ascribe to a more practical approach. Music is about time. Keeping the rhythm to the the time. Take your time to get to know the music. Do not rush it, do not be impatient. Learn all that you can so that in the time of performance, it is without flaws. It is good to have a flawless performance right? To be flawless, is to take your time."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Ide Amaya on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:52 am

Bayushi Suteichi wrote:"I have heard that saying as well. I like to ascribe to a more practical approach. Music is about time. Keeping the rhythm to the the time. Take your time to get to know the music. Do not rush it, do not be impatient. Learn all that you can so that in the time of performance, it is without flaws. It is good to have a flawless performance right? To be flawless, is to take your time."

"Flawless, yes," she murmured thoughtfully, fanning her face in slow, tiny motions, seeming almost hypnotised. "Do they play a lot of music at court? It seems like time was a luxury we enjoyed little of during the long ride, adjusting to a life lived in one place has been a..." she paused, searching for words, "it has been different." She looked down, a thoughtful distance in her eyes.

Ide Amaya

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:55 am

Yogo Yuichi wrote:'' Hmm how curious...'' He replied and then took two steps backward. '' Well, in any case you should take care of those wounds. Magic -always- leaves traces, and I'm not talking about just physical traces...'' Yuichi pointed to Yue's wounds '' ... but to the soul. That's in my opinion far more important than -mere- physical damage. Trust me, i'm kind of an expert about damaged souls '' He adds with a sarcastic tone.

The woman blinked. "My soul could be damaged, Yuichi-dono?" She furrowed her brow, wondering if her next inquiry was appropriate. "Yuichi-dono, would you be so kind as to assess me then? You are an expert in damaged souls, correct?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:56 am

Asako Hirase wrote:"I look forward to it." A small smile graced his features for a moment before being tucked away again. "Alas, that there is no market. A bottle to share with the stories would have been lovely."

"I am sure there is some to be found somewhere. I know many from my clan have Kumis available."
Last edited by Otaku Chi-Pu on Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:58 am

Ide Amaya wrote:
Bayushi Suteichi wrote:"I have heard that saying as well. I like to ascribe to a more practical approach. Music is about time. Keeping the rhythm to the the time. Take your time to get to know the music. Do not rush it, do not be impatient. Learn all that you can so that in the time of performance, it is without flaws. It is good to have a flawless performance right? To be flawless, is to take your time."

"Flawless, yes," she murmured thoughtfully, fanning her face in slow, tiny motions, seeming almost hypnotised. "Do they play a lot of music at court? It seems like time was a luxury we enjoyed little of during the long ride, adjusting to a life lived in one place has been a..." she paused, searching for words, "it has been different." She looked down, a thoughtful distance in her eyes.

"I would be interested in hearing tales of your travels. What you have seen, learned, experienced even. I am sure it would be fascinating. And yes, I have played at court once, at Kyuden Bayushi. Where have you performed?"

He kept the conversation light and did not want her to be nervous or uneasy.
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:17 am

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote: The woman blinked. "My soul could be damaged, Yuichi-dono?" She furrowed her brow, wondering if her next inquiry was appropriate. "Yuichi-dono, would you be so kind as to assess me then? You are an expert in damaged souls, correct?"

'' Haha, you shouldn't say that aloud though. '' The Scorpion look around, searching for any disgusted reactions from the rest of the crowd. He gets close to Yue ''Let me give you an advice you should never mention anything about damaged souls, 'evil', or other 'sensible' topics around this bunch of hypocrites, it would not end well for you.'' Yue couldn't see it but it felt like Yuichi was smirking behind his demon mask.

'' Here...'' The Scorpion offered a small green rock to Yue. '' If there's no reaction then you are fine, probably...''

[OOC]

Yep I'm offering you jade. Oh Yuichi, you know nothing about proper etiquette, don't you?
Last edited by Yogo Yuichi on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Ide Amaya on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:34 am

Bayushi Suteichi wrote:"I would be interested in hearing tales of your travels. What you have seen, learned, experienced even. I am sure it would be fascinating. And yes, I have played at court once, at Kyuden Bayushi. Where have you performed?"

He kept the conversation light and did not want her to be nervous or uneasy.

"I, I could never," she managed to keep her tone light and her expression mostly neutral, but her words easily gave away the emotions underneath. "I mean to say that I have not performed for any audience, nor could I imagine doing so. That you have played at court surely speaks highly of your abilities?" She considered for a moment how much to volunteer, "of course, there were no courts on the long ride and, well, that's all I've really known. The ride began before I was born, I have known little but change in my years."

Ide Amaya

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center