The Arrival of the Condemned (EM, D1)

Re: The Arrival of the Condemned (EM, D1)

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:18 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"Well, I can't personally help with the flower bases, especially since I don't actually know what they are or how they work. As for a tent, that I can help with. I can let you borrow the one I have for field use for the duration of the miai. Since my duties are to meet lovely young women like yourself and prove my worth as a proper husband I shouldn't be needing it anytime soon," he offers with a happy smile.

She bowed in thanks to the Shinjo. "Arigatou Shinjo sama... but I don't really want to impose... we just met."
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:41 pm

"Like I said, I won't be using it so it's really not an imposition," he says with a smile. Moving to the gear loaded up on Meushi, he pulls the tent off. "Where would you like it set up?"
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Matsu Yurio on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:42 pm

By now Yurio had overseen the removal of the offensive pelt from his tent . . . yurt, and was attempting to impress on what servants he could find how upset he was about it.

#teenytinykittehfootstomp
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Moto Baatar on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:47 pm

Doji Fukawa wrote:
Seppun Hideo wrote:"Thankfully, I had intended to offer my knowledge of social behaviour to your kin Moto-san, so that you are able to understand it a little better."

"Yes, a handful of buckwheat will keep you from starving. But an artistically prepared meal can evoke memories places far away. A sharp rock will kill an enemy. But a beautifully crafted sword can tell you of the battles it has witnessed, and the honor of it's bearer. Yes, survival is important, but it should not be the limit of what a samurai strives for."

Baatar gave this all some thought... then nodded decisively.

"If this is the way of things here, then I must become an artist," the young Moto declared. "But I have no skill for such arts. You say that you will teach them?" He looked at one, then the other.
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:57 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"Like I said, I won't be using it so it's really not an imposition," he says with a smile. Moving to the gear loaded up on Meushi, he pulls the tent off. "Where would you like it set up?"

"I was going to set it up down the streets. I plan on making some divinations through out the week. Maybe even make some charts." She looked up at the Shinjo.
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Moshi Asakiko

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:20 pm

"Well then, let's go set it up. And then we can find out what my future holds," he says happily. "Sound good?"

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:17 pm

Moto Baatar wrote:"If this is the way of things here, then I must become an artist," the young Moto declared. "But I have no skill for such arts. You say that you will teach them?" He looked at one, then the other.

How earnest. Fukawa thought. Would that all samurai gave themselves to the arts so thoroughly.

Still, Fukawa wasn't sure. She had come to the miai to be married off, not teach. And she had no experience teaching. The Moto seemed to be catching her as well within a net made by the Seppun's offer of education.

So for the moment, she deferred to the Seppun's response.
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:22 pm

Moto Baatar wrote:Baatar gave this all some thought... then nodded decisively.

"If this is the way of things here, then I must become an artist," the young Moto declared. "But I have no skill for such arts. You say that you will teach them?" He looked at one, then the other.

"It is wonderful to hear such words from you Moto-san" Hideo said in a pleased tone "I hope you can inspire your kin to follow this path also."

He paused a moment to consider his words before he spoke again.

"The Crane have some of the most talented artists in the Empire. I'm certain that Doji-san here could teach you much about art" Hideo nodded respectfully to Fukawa "our hosts would certainly welcome an example of the artistic talents of the Empire I'm sure. As for myself, I am a priest. My main duties revolve around prayers and blessings. However I study the way of the courts, and can offer guidance on social etiquette."
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:11 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"Well then, let's go set it up. And then we can find out what my future holds," he says happily. "Sound good?"

She looked at the horse then to the Shinjo. "Anooo... Ah... Hai..." The small Moshi started walking down the street, being small wasn't helping speed wise.

Moshi Asakiko

Postby Moto Baatar on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:15 pm

Seppun Hideo wrote:

"The Crane have some of the most talented artists in the Empire. I'm certain that Doji-san here could teach you much about art" Hideo nodded respectfully to Fukawa

Baatar nodded at the Seppun's words and turned intently towards Fukawa.

"Teach me how to art, Doji-san," he demanded. "How do I start?"
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:52 pm

Kogo notices that everyone seems to be involved in talk and decides to return to her tent and set things up, so to free more time for conversation.

(If approached, PM please! Just knock my yurt. Kogo and Noburu will be going in and out for a bit. )
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:52 pm

Moshi Asakiko wrote:
Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"Well then, let's go set it up. And then we can find out what my future holds," he says happily. "Sound good?"

She looked at the horse then to the Shinjo. "Anooo... Ah... Hai..." The small Moshi started walking down the street, being small wasn't helping speed wise.

The slow pace didn't really bother the Shinjo at all. "So you're a diviner. That's neat. There were people called the Ra'Shari out in the sands that had quite a few diviners in their number."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:21 am

Moto Baatar wrote:
Seppun Hideo wrote:

"The Crane have some of the most talented artists in the Empire. I'm certain that Doji-san here could teach you much about art" Hideo nodded respectfully to Fukawa

Baatar nodded at the Seppun's words and turned intently towards Fukawa.

"Teach me how to art, Doji-san," he demanded. "How do I start?"

There was a small sigh behind the fan. It was hard to say no to such zeal.

"There are many arts in the Empire, Moto-san." she begins. "I cannot teach all of them, but I will assist you as I can."

She considers her fan briefly.

"Were I to lump them into large groups, I would say that there are three categories that you should consider. There are the performance arts, such as singing, storytelling, dancing, and instruments, that leave nothing tangible behind. Then there are the high arts. These create something of variable duration, from origami to snow sculptures to giant stone monuments. They create something, but for no other purpose than art. Then there are the crafting arts. They create things that are both beautiful and useful for another purpose besides art."

She considers the Moto carefully.

"What kind of art do you think you might be interested in learning more about Moto-san." she asks.

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Moto Baatar on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:25 am

The list of arts seemed to go on and on! Who knew there were so many kinds?

"Dancing sounds good," Baatar said finally. "I bet I could learn that! Can you dance, Doji-san?"
Moto Baatar

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:34 am

Moto Baatar wrote:The list of arts seemed to go on and on! Who knew there were so many kinds?

"Dancing sounds good," Baatar said finally. "I bet I could learn that! Can you dance, Doji-san?"

The Doji shakes her head.

"No, my training mostly revolves around singing and storytelling." she says. "But I will ask around for you Moto-san. Your passion for it is a flame, now we simply must find the tinder. I will find you an instructor."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts