Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Re: Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:14 pm

Chi-Pu listens to the stories with interest.

"I See. I would like to hear the story, Asako-san. And learn more about these Naga. They sound fearsome."

She shifts a little in her saddle and Tianma stomps once.

"Perhaps in return I could tell you of how the Otaku rescued our steeds from the City of Sorcerers"
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Asako Hirase on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:17 pm

"I know not what our hosts plan for tomorrow, but if they leave us our evening after dinner {{Late Evening}} available, I will share the story at a fire of your choosing." He looked from one to the other. "I know a fair number of stories of the conflicts of recent years that might be of interest and use to you in the future. I am also more than glad to collect stories in turn. I welcome the chance to learn more of what befell while Shinjo's Children wandered."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Akodo Runno on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:24 pm

Akodo Runno was present, at least physically. She had become quite good at maintaining a look of mild interest while her mind ran through a throng of mental gymnastics. The Lioness was more at home in the realm of the theoretical, particularly with her chosen craft: war. But societal niceties were important for order and stability, or so conventional thinking told her...so here she was at the Unicorn's meet and greet. Doing very little of the former and even less of the later.
Lion Clan • Samurai • Tactician
Status: 1.0 • Glory 1.0 • Honor: Exceptional • Courtship: 2
Carries: Things
Akodo Runno

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:33 pm

Asako Hirase wrote:"I know not what our hosts plan for tomorrow, but if they leave us our evening after dinner {{Late Evening}} available, I will share the story at a fire of your choosing." He looked from one to the other. "I know a fair number of stories of the conflicts of recent years that might be of interest and use to you in the future. I am also more than glad to collect stories in turn. I welcome the chance to learn more of what befell while Shinjo's Children wandered."

“Consider me there, Phoenix,” she says with a nod.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:06 pm

Chi-Pu nods

"As will I. It sounds most interesting. And sharing stories is a wonderful means of getting to know each other."
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:14 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:"Of course, of course," the Hare nodded happily. "I have my own companion as well, Ganko-chan... she is the epitome of a stoicism. But she's a tortoise, so I'm sure it comes naturally to her. Still, that is very little in comparison to one of the Lion warcats. I've read about them in documents detailing different sort of tactical units used in different wars... never thought I'd get the chance to see one."

Looking around, she saw that there were still many other people mingling about. "Gosh, hope I'm not hogging you all to myself when you're probably here to find a handsome Unicorn husband! I think a got a little carried away."

"I would be glad to introduce you and speak to you about some of the tactics we use. It is a favorite topic of mine." Kogo laughs quietly behind her fan. "If you wish to mingle more with others, I would not mind Usagi-san. But I am glad to be meeting all individuals at this event, beyond just those who are eligible for marriage. The Matsu do not mingle a great deal with other clans and I am glad to be remedying that decision in this moment."

"Is that so? Perhaps we shall mingle together, see if there is anyone else who can assist in broadening your horizons... it's not often we'll get to attend gatherings as large and diverse as this, I bet, so we should seize the opportunity when it presents itself. As it is written in the Thirty-Six Stratagems, be flexible enough in your planning to adapt when opportunities arise," the Hare chuckled mirthfully. Sure, she wasn't a bushi, but she had probably read more texts on warfare and strategy than most non-Akodo had.

The Hare looked around them, trying to spot anyone that seemed likely to be roped into conversation. "Hmmm... anyone of interest around...?"[/quote]

Kogo brightens. "Truly learned you are Usagi-san. I will be guided by your wisdom in this."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Asako Hirase on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:15 pm

"I look forward to it." A small smile graced his features for a moment before being tucked away again. "Alas, that there is no market. A bottle to share with the stories would have been lovely."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Isawa Nonin on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:20 pm

Otaku Imane wrote:She led him over to her beautiful horse, enjoying the companionable and thoughtful silence. "It must be hard if your own duty is a rare thing to be able to perform? Fortunately mine is to ride like the wind and to do so with my best friend here."

She gently stroked the huge horses nose.

"This is Almatar. Almatar, meet Isawa Nonin."

"We seek out those with the talent across the Empire, Otaku-san," explained Nonin. "The talent to speak with the Kami is a blessing but using it with skill requires training."

Whatever else he was going to say is lost as he marvels at Almater. "What an amazing horse."
Isawa NoninPhoenix Clan • Shugenja • Animals Like Me
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Wakizashi, Medicine Kit, another Medicine Kit, Scroll Satchel
Sometimes accompanied by a puppy.
Isawa Nonin

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:31 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:Shinjo Liu Yue had to pause for a moment to collect her thoughts. This was a topic she knew very little about. "Kamis responding to our prayers?" She took another moment to contemplate on the matter. "I do not believe the kami are involved in the process. The amulets call upon the elements instead, from what I remember." She gave the Yogo a deep bow. "Gomennasai. Someone else should know more on the topic."

'' Oh, well. It doesn't matter, I wasn't expecting you to know about such things, Shinjo-san. After all you are not a Shugenja. '' The Scorpion said. '' In any case, I find this quite interesting. Perhaps I should meet with some of your priests to further discuss about the topic and see with my own eyes this 'meishodo' thing.''

A pause. An awkward pause.

Yuichi was quite antisocial, certainly not very pro-etiquette and definitely didn't know what else to say to this Unicorn girl. He kept looking at her and finally broke the awkward silence moment...

'' How did you got your injuries? '' He asked, neutral tone.
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
|Glory/Infamy: 1.0/0.0| Honor: Honorless Dog| Status: 1.0| Courtship Points: -2
Mon: Scorpion, Yogo
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:41 pm

Bayushi Hotaru wrote:
Bayushi Suteichi wrote:Suteichi approached the two ladies and bowed deeply to them.

"Honored cousin, might I have the pleasure of your company and samurai-sama's as well?! If I may, I am Bayushi Suteichi."

She turned to regard the fellow Bayushi who approached them and re-applied her smile after his introduction. "Oh, of course! You're more than welcome to join us, honoured cousin. This one is Bayushi Hotaru, honoured shrine maiden of Tengoku's Path and I'm in the company of Ide Amaya-san, here. We were just talking about the fundamentals of making friends for the first time, something she and I are planning to do here. From what she had told me thus far, her Family are total experts in such a field of expertise."

"Thank you very much for giving me the opportunity for making both of our introductions, Ide-san," she chuckled.

Suteichi gave a modest nod at Hotaru's words.

"Well met honored maiden. It is indeed good to make friends wherever you can. I am an apprentice courtier. Ide-san, are you a student of the courts as well?"
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:54 pm

Yogo Yuichi wrote:'' Oh, well. It doesn't matter, I wasn't expecting you to know about such things, Shinjo-san. After all you are not a Shugenja. '' The Scorpion said. '' In any case, I find this quite interesting. Perhaps I should meet with some of your priests to further discuss about the topic and see with my own eyes this 'meishodo' thing.''

A pause. An awkward pause.

Yuichi was quite antisocial, certainly not very pro-etiquette and definitely didn't know what else to say to this Unicorn girl. He kept looking at her and finally broke the awkward silence moment...

'' How did you got your injuries? '' He asked, neutral tone.

The Unicorn smiled and then looked around, searching for any shugenja. "If I pass by any of the meishodo shugenja I will send them your way, Yuichi-dono."

His question caught her off-guard. She took a moment to pull out her fan and hide her face behind it. "I was immolated on my Clan's journey back here, Yuichi-dono." She left the answer at that, allowing the man to ask any more questions if so desired.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:06 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:The Unicorn smiled and then looked around, searching for any shugenja. "If I pass by any of the meishodo shugenja I will send them your way, Yuichi-dono."

Yuichi made a slight nod.

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:His question caught her off-guard. She took a moment to pull out her fan and hide her face behind it. "I was immolated on my Clan's journey back here, Yuichi-dono." She left the answer at that, allowing the man to ask any more questions if so desired.

'' Hmm I see...'' He crossed his arms insides his robes ''...magical flames or mundane?'' He continued with his inquiries. His voice still completely neutral.
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
|Glory/Infamy: 1.0/0.0| Honor: Honorless Dog| Status: 1.0| Courtship Points: -2
Mon: Scorpion, Yogo
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:29 pm

Bayushi Suteichi wrote:
Bayushi Hotaru wrote:She turned to regard the fellow Bayushi who approached them and re-applied her smile after his introduction. "Oh, of course! You're more than welcome to join us, honoured cousin. This one is Bayushi Hotaru, honoured shrine maiden of Tengoku's Path and I'm in the company of Ide Amaya-san, here. We were just talking about the fundamentals of making friends for the first time, something she and I are planning to do here. From what she had told me thus far, her Family are total experts in such a field of expertise."

"Thank you very much for giving me the opportunity for making both of our introductions, Ide-san," she chuckled.

Suteichi gave a modest nod at Hotaru's words.

"Well met honored maiden. It is indeed good to make friends wherever you can. I am an apprentice courtier. Ide-san, are you a student of the courts as well?"

At Hotaru's last comment, Amaya blushed, hiding her face behind her fan. Her tongue felt awkward and clumsy as she fumbled for the appropriate words. "Insofar as one without courts could be called a courtier, yes, the students of the Ide Emmissary School are students of the courts." She forged onwards, "I have training in matters of courtesy, of diplomacy and mediation, my sensei has done what they can to educate me on the nature of such... things," she finished lamely.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:35 pm

A shy young lady...I will be extra careful...

"Well, I am sure you are well-trained. A true testament to your sensei. Are you a student of poetry and music as well?"
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:42 pm

More familiar footing helped the girl regain her composure, some of it anyway. "Yes, poetry and song are vital skills to the wanderer. For generations the Unicorn have carried their homes on their backs and their history on their tongues. I fear I am no poet, but I can sing and play a little music. Enough to please myself, at least." She looked at the Scorpion courtier's hands, "and you?".
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center