GM Questions

Re: GM Questions

Postby Mindshred on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:05 am

Seppun Hitako wrote:If we have a spell for the event, can we only try it once, if we fail? What if we fail to the Black Scrolls penalty?

Answered in the GM question thread, but yes, once per spell, and likely sickness and vomiting if you hit the Black Scroll penalty.
Mindshred

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:17 am

Are chaperones not as a thing as they were in Nodoka Toshi?

Do we not need to worry about impropriety when meeting with potential spouses or (for Takeo) females generally?
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Status: 3.0 ; Glory 1.0 ; Honor: Exceptional ; Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, yumi, light armor
Accompanied by: a red fox named Asahi

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Mindshred on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:19 pm

Kitsune Takeo wrote:Are chaperones not as a thing as they were in Nodoka Toshi?

Do we not need to worry about impropriety when meeting with potential spouses or (for Takeo) females generally?

The Unicorn are not quite as sensitive about that subject as the Phoenix.
Mindshred

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:31 pm

How many spells can we cast, in the same thread, during non-combat situations?
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
|Glory/Infamy: 1.0/0.0| Honor: Honorless Dog| Status: 1.0| Courtship Points: -2
Mon: Scorpion, Yogo
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Mindshred on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:26 pm

Yogo Yuichi wrote:How many spells can we cast, in the same thread, during non-combat situations?

In non-event threads, as many as you want, up to the maximum number of spells that you can cast per day.
Mindshred

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:56 pm

The description of the Administrative Center location mentions that "the current standings of the samurai in the miai" are posted up there.

For the purpose of roleplaying checking the list in-character, are the Courtship Points literal (so you'd actually look at the signboard and see "Iuchi Saksaha, -2") or are they more of an abstraction to represent squishier subjective rankings in the game world (look at the signboard and see Iuchi Saksaha near the very bottom and Shosuro Yawarakai at the top, but no numbers)?
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Mindshred on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:59 pm

Iuchi Saksaha wrote:The description of the Administrative Center location mentions that "the current standings of the samurai in the miai" are posted up there.

For the purpose of roleplaying checking the list in-character, are the Courtship Points literal (so you'd actually look at the signboard and see "Iuchi Saksaha, -2") or are they more of an abstraction to represent squishier subjective rankings in the game world (look at the signboard and see Iuchi Saksaha near the very bottom and Shosuro Yawarakai at the top, but no numbers)?

It's more of an abstraction.

It's probably something like "Most Eligible Bachelor!" with a drawing of Shosuro Yawakai with little hearts doodled above his head or something similar.

And then all of the other boys have pictures below that, in descending order. Same thing with ladies on another wall.

Ide Dabo clearly dabbles with drawing.
Mindshred

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:07 pm

Mindshred wrote:

It's probably something like "Most Eligible Bachelor!" with a drawing of Shosuro Yawakai with little hearts doodled above his head or something similar.

And then all of the other boys have pictures below that, in descending order. Same thing with ladies on another wall.

Maybe the ones at the bottom have stink-lines and flies drawn around them?
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:09 pm

• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:29 pm

Mindshred wrote:
Iuchi Saksaha wrote:The description of the Administrative Center location mentions that "the current standings of the samurai in the miai" are posted up there.

To follow up on this, did the rubric for Courtship Points go up somewhere? I don't think I've seen it, or is it still yet to be revealed? :D
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Mindshred on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:28 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:To follow up on this, did the rubric for Courtship Points go up somewhere? I don't think I've seen it, or is it still yet to be revealed? :D

End of Day 1.

We've still got stragglers rolling in.
Mindshred

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:50 pm

I was thinking of asking this and it suddenly became pertinent: are there character re-rolls for this game?

Edit: Also just to feel out the event: do we have our horses/armor or are we practically caught off-guard by the oni?
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Mindshred on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:14 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:I was thinking of asking this and it suddenly became pertinent: are there character re-rolls for this game?

Yes, though you'll come in at least a day later, which will impact Courtship Points.

Edit: Also just to feel out the event: do we have our horses/armor or are we practically caught off-guard by the oni?

*points at event thread*
Mindshred

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:36 am

Hm. Another troublesome Ponymagic question occurs...

Subject to all the usual roleplay caveats about sharing your spells outside your school, can Meishodo Shugenja learn spells in the normal way from shugenja trained in other traditions?

For example, if down the road Saksaha met a friendly Kuni who wanted to share the Jade Strike spell, would she be able to add it to the repertoire of spells she knows, even though she'd still need to craft an appropriate amulet before she'd actually be able to cast it? Or are the ways the different traditions communicate the same spells just too incommensurable?
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Mindshred on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:38 am

Iuchi Saksaha wrote:Or are the ways the different traditions communicate the same spells just too incommensurable?

This.

Which is fine cause shugenja really generally don't trade spells anyways.
Mindshred

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character Chat