Daily History Lessons (Day 1, Late Morning)

Re: Daily History Lessons (Day 1, Late Morning)

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:35 pm

"I am certain I can live with that remark just fine," the Hare replied, avoid ingen the temptation to roll her eyes.

Losing out on the Moto who had probably been dropped on his head too many times wasn't a loss she would grieve.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:39 pm

"Sayyeda Khulun, Butaj needs to take a ride to clear his head. Winds be gracious for the rest of the day to you." The man nods, trying to smile a little. "And for you all too. Bayartai (Goodbye)."

With that, Butaj takes his leave.

/exit
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:51 pm

“May your steed be strong and the winds favor your back, cousin,” she says as he leaves.

“Did the Rabbit send men to our miai?”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:54 pm

Tomoe gave a bow to the departing Moto and turned her attention to Khulun.

"Not that I've been informed of. There's myself and Usagi Tsukimi-san, who is a talented bushi in our clan."
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:57 pm

She was pleased with that news.

“Good. You talk pretty words, I take it you don’t fight? You talk your enemies to death?” Khulun replies.
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:06 pm

A silent glare.

"I don't fight, no. My duty is to preserve history for future generations."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:10 pm

“So tell me the great stories of your people,” she asks.
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:09 pm

"Tomorrow I will share the history of the Hare Clan's founding," she said with a firm tone.
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:14 pm

"You only have one great story?" She asks.
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:22 pm

"We're a young clan, Moto-san, and haven't yet had the time to fill several scrolls and books with our deeds."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:27 pm

"Reading and words... bah, heroes exist in tales not scrolls! Moto have ten thousand heroes!" She proclaims.
Moto Khulun

Postby Soshi Bantu on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:59 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:"Butaj will talk with his fellow Unicorn bachelors about this one. His interest wanes, but Butaj is faithful to the Unicorn spirit and trusts his brethren with his life and his mind. There is no other way. This sheltered girl knows nothing about our ways, and reaches out like she would like not like we would need. Butaj is not impressed at all and will not impart the best of him with this one until his mind is changed by wise counsel."

"Then perhaps," Bantu spoke softly, injecting himself back into the conversation, "in order to help us learn your needs, you would indulge us with tales of the deeds of some of your ten thousand heroes?" He asked Khulun, given that Butaj had just departed.
Scorpion Clan * Duelist * Bushi * Smart Cookie * Dancer *
Honor: Untrustworthy * Glory: 1.0 * Status: 2.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Daisho, Smoking pipe, Go set, Mask, Yumi
Description
Soshi Bantu

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:12 pm

“Aha! Of course there is my long dead ancestor, Moto Yuguri named First Blood Charger and called the Eater of the Dead for eating the hearts of her enemies! She was the scourge of the sands, her blade was rarely dry for it was thirsty and only was sated after a hundred heads were taken!”

“Yuguri-no-shiryo was strong and she had braved the sand storms to lead the Unicorn. It is said when she died the stars wept and all of her children mourned for seven years and a day. They ended the time of the mourning with fury and brought vengeance to her enemies,” she says gleefully.

“Or should I speak of the Black Jackal, who once tricked a spirit of an oasis out its water for a shiny stone! Moto Jumiri was my great uncle and he was craftier than the queen of jackals. He sired many children, and spread his seed far. It is known that he cheated death itself with a wager of coin and dice!”

“Or shall I speak of the Steel Bitch who carried my blades into battle,” she says happily.
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:25 pm

Seeing Bantu 'handle' the Moto woman for now, which was probably just as well, Tomoe turned to the nun.

"What brings a nun of the Brotherhood to this miai, if I may ask?" the Hare asked with a respectful tone.
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:24 pm

Hotaru just continued smiling while the scene played out with the Moto, the history lesson and finally their opinion of their prospects. In the inside, she was a little spooked however. Oh my Kami...you've really dodged an arrow for coming here late. Better the Usagi than me.

She turned her attention to the Usagi and the nun she was speaking to, directing her introduction to her. "...Ohayou gozaimasu! This one is Bayushi Hotaru, honoured shrine maiden of Tengoku's Path. I am too curious about the Brotherhood, but I'm glad to see them represented here. They have honoured pillars of the community and tradition. And what better tradition than honoured marriage?"
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts