The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evening]

Re: The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evenin

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:26 pm

Having finished his culinary journey he looked around, ready to take the first step and actually speak with someone. Noticing the familiar face of the small Matsu and seeing she is in a small group he decided to approach her, greeting her group when they notice him.

"A very entertaining evening, wouldn't you agree?" his eyes set on the Otaku before returning to the Matsu.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:31 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo flips up her fan again, covering her mouth. She pauses for a moment. "They are quite stunning. I enjoyed some of my time at court, though I had much to learn, so it had its moments." She pauses again. "I think that may be the name I heard. I have not met her directly." Her brow furrows and she lowers her fan. "I do not know Otaku-san. I have never heard such a family name before. Perhaps we should ask Shimizu-san? His family is part Ikoma, so he is more connected to other's histories." He is also unlikely to laugh at me for my ignorance.

Chi-Pu thinks for a moment and then shakes her head.

"It is of no pressing matter. I just thought it would be good to know if the rest of the Unicorn ask me when I share with them what I have learned. Shimizu-san seems otherwise engaged tonight, we should let him enjoy his meal. Besides, it's not like it will cause any harm to leave the question a mystery for now."

Chi-Pu shrugs

"Have you thought of what you will do this evening before you retire for bed? I myself think a nice walk alone will be nice. Help me gather my thoughts and take in all that has happened today. And perhaps help settle my stomach more."

Kogo relaxes. "You are right. I can ask him tomorrow or if I see him later." Plus, perhaps in a place with less people, no one might over hear me admitting my ignorance. "I think I may retire to my tent. I had heard there was a doctor of some kind in the camp. I may see if I can find someone with some herbs to settle this belly. The tea is lovely, but it is not quite enough."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:34 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:
Otaku Kitakuhime wrote:
Bayushi Suteichi wrote:Having taken some time to walk about to try and settle his stomach from the filling meal, Suteichi came upon the Asako and Otaku.

"A most spirited and blessed evening to you both." he greeted with a soft, pleasant tone; followed with a respectable bow.

"Samas, this one is Bayushi Suteichi, might I have the honor of your company for a moment?"

As if a cold breeze just passed through the back of her neck, Kitauhime straights her head up, looking at the Scorpion while he greets and bows. She takes some heartbeats to measure him and then bows back respectably, introducing herself, "This one is Otaku Kitakuhime, Shiotome to the Unicorn. Honored to meet you, Bayushi-san."

Scorpions were the not good samurai, not fit for a princess of the Otaku! Time to do a daring rescue. The Moto winks at the Lion and then grabs some dumplings and shrimp and rolls over the table to the other side and then scrambles to her feet and approaches the Scorpion and the Otaku princess and others and intercedes as best she can, “Oh ho… Scorpion! You are the Scorpion… yes… that’s you.”

“How pretty your face! I have seen doves less pretty! How you get so pretty?” She punctuates the words with eating some shrimp.

Suteichi was about to respond to the Otaku princess and the Asako when he was taken a bit by the curt and crass Moto. He took a moment to appraise her. He took on a more stoic stance like a teacher in class. His face did not indicate displeasure in the rude behavior. He stood there for a moment and blinked a couple of times, thinking of how to appropriately address the situation without being insulting to the host clan, the Otaku, and the Asako. His tone soft, gentle, but also somewhat measured.

"I appreciate your...assessment of my person. I was in the middle of a conversation...samurai-sama." his inflection on samurai-sama was to remind the Moto of station and etiquette. "With Otaku-sama and Asako-sama. Permit me to properly introduce myself again, this one is Bayushi Suteichi, a courtier of the Scorpion clan. I am not The Scorpion. And while on the subject pretty, the surroundings are indeed such. The company shared here is indeed worth commending and properly enjoyed. Since you are here, might I inquire your name?"
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:36 pm

Kitsune Kumahime wrote:The question takes a moment to process, and when it clicks, the Fox can't help but laugh. "We are all friends here! Except when we're not. Politics is politics and my clan tends to stay away from them when we can. But if you want an interesting challenge, or just an interesting story, seek out some of those smaller schools."

Liu Yue blushed slightly and raised her fan to conceal her embarrassment and in case any urges to vomit came back. "Sou desu ka." She scanned the crowd lightly, as best as her good eye could serve her, before turning back to the bear of a woman. "Are there others of smaller schools, as you put it, present? I must admit you have peaked my curiosity. I would enjoy speaking to them, and yourself, in the coming days."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:37 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo relaxes. "You are right. I can ask him tomorrow or if I see him later." Plus, perhaps in a place with less people, no one might over hear me admitting my ignorance. "I think I may retire to my tent. I had heard there was a doctor of some kind in the camp. I may see if I can find someone with some herbs to settle this belly. The tea is lovely, but it is not quite enough."

Chi-Pu frowns a little, looking at her tea cup.

"I hope neither of require the services of a doctor. Though if I feel worse by morning i might see if one of the Iuchi can be of assistance. Do the priests in the Empire have healing prayers?"
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Iuchi Batul on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:39 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:His face exaggeratedly solemn, Tomonaga bowed. "You are right, of course, Iuchi-san. A samurai cannot go back on his word." Straightening, he smiled. "Besides, I really do think you'll enjoy it."

He turned to Hiroji. "Hiroji-san, I gave you some Golden Carp to try, right? I can't imagine I wouldn't have, seeing as we traveled together and all, but I'm used to travelling with family members. And they've all tried it, of course."

The samurai-ko looked solemnly back at the Yasuki, then she couldn't hold it back any longer and laughed, with a vibrant, rich laughter, the sort that makes those who hear it laugh with her. "It seems like you had a fun travel together." She added when she was able to stop her chuckles.
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14
Honor: Expected| Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship: -1

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

"If the wind blows, ride it."
Iuchi Batul

Postby Asako Yuki on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:51 pm

Bayushi Suteichi wrote:
Moto Khulun wrote:Scorpions were the not good samurai, not fit for a princess of the Otaku! Time to do a daring rescue. The Moto winks at the Lion and then grabs some dumplings and shrimp and rolls over the table to the other side and then scrambles to her feet and approaches the Scorpion and the Otaku princess and others and intercedes as best she can, “Oh ho… Scorpion! You are the Scorpion… yes… that’s you.”

“How pretty your face! I have seen doves less pretty! How you get so pretty?” She punctuates the words with eating some shrimp.

Suteichi was about to respond to the Otaku princess and the Asako when he was taken a bit by the curt and crass Moto. He took a moment to appraise her. He took on a more stoic stance like a teacher in class. His face did not indicate displeasure in the rude behavior. He stood there for a moment and blinked a couple of times, thinking of how to appropriately address the situation without being insulting to the host clan, the Otaku, and the Asako. His tone soft, gentle, but also somewhat measured.

"I appreciate your...assessment of my person. I was in the middle of a conversation...samurai-sama." his inflection on samurai-sama was to remind the Moto of station and etiquette. "With Otaku-sama and Asako-sama. Permit me to properly introduce myself again, this one is Bayushi Suteichi, a courtier of the Scorpion clan. I am not The Scorpion. And while on the subject pretty, the surroundings are indeed such. The company shared here is indeed worth commending and properly enjoyed. Since you are here, might I inquire your name?"

Yuki's face was far less passive as the Moto arrived. This was the woman that had insulted her cousin earlier in the day. Her nose wrinkled slightly in annoyance. "Moto-san." She murmured politely, if distantly.
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:53 pm

Bayushi Suteichi wrote:"I appreciate your...assessment of my person. I was in the middle of a conversation...samurai-sama." his inflection on samurai-sama was to remind the Moto of station and etiquette. "With Otaku-sama and Asako-sama. Permit me to properly introduce myself again, this one is Bayushi Suteichi, a courtier of the Scorpion clan. I am not The Scorpion. And while on the subject pretty, the surroundings are indeed such. The company shared here is indeed worth commending and properly enjoyed. Since you are here, might I inquire your name?"

She ate more shrimp and said, “Bayushi, huh? You talk good, too smooth by half. Have to match those pretty words with your pretty face eh? I don’t understand what you said but you look good, you would make a decent Unicorn bride. What say you? Care to ride with me and crush our enemies underfoot?”

“Oh Moto Khulun,” she says and offers her hand in greeting.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Matsu Yurio on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:56 pm

Matsu Nintoku wrote:Having finished his culinary journey he looked around, ready to take the first step and actually speak with someone. Noticing the familiar face of the small Matsu and seeing she is in a small group he decided to approach her, greeting her group when they notice him.

"A very entertaining evening, wouldn't you agree?" his eyes set on the Otaku before returning to the Matsu.

Yurio bowed to the approaching Matsu.

"Matsu Nintoku-sama. This is Otaku Imane-sama and Soshi Yuuru-san."

As Chi-pu was talking to someone else, he left her out of the introductions.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:58 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo relaxes. "You are right. I can ask him tomorrow or if I see him later." Plus, perhaps in a place with less people, no one might over hear me admitting my ignorance. "I think I may retire to my tent. I had heard there was a doctor of some kind in the camp. I may see if I can find someone with some herbs to settle this belly. The tea is lovely, but it is not quite enough."

Chi-Pu frowns a little, looking at her tea cup.

"I hope neither of require the services of a doctor. Though if I feel worse by morning i might see if one of the Iuchi can be of assistance. Do the priests in the Empire have healing prayers?"

Kogo looks thoughtful, "I believe they do. However, some practitioners use primarily herbs and I am sure there is one useful to settling the stomach. Though it is not difficult to withstand the pain, I would want to be at my best for any events tomorrow. For as Akodo says, 'Focus is the key to victory. Know your strengths and weaknesses, focus on them, and you can achieve victory in the face of any hardship.' I wish to ensure my focus is keen and ready for the days to come."

Plus if this continues I may do something unladylike and expel wind. I can feel mother's glare from here at the thought.
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:02 pm

Iuchi Batul wrote:The samurai-ko looked solemnly back at the Yasuki, then she couldn't hold it back any longer and laughed, with a vibrant, rich laughter, the sort that makes those who hear it laugh with her. "It seems like you had a fun travel together." She added when she was able to stop her chuckles.

Tomonaga grinned, the smile gradually turning into laughter, as much enjoying the young woman's enjoyment of the shared joke as the joke itself.

Shaking his head, Tomonaga sighed as the laughter wound down. "Well, you know. Travelling together is a great way to get to know people. Even if at least one of the parties doesn't say much." He glanced at Hiroji, amused; the Kaiu hadn't said more than a dozen words the first few days, it felt like. "I'm sure it's much the same with the Unicorn, eh? You've traveled so long together. I'd bet the bonds between you are really strong."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Moto Baatar on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:09 pm

Kakita Nanami wrote:"Moto-san," she said with just a hint of harshness in her voice, "that sounds dangerously close to a slight against the honor of the Crane and the Dragon. Since you are just recently returned, however, I will recognize it for the ignorance it is."

"Don't get huffy," the Unicorn boy replied, seeming baffled by Nanami's response. "What am I supposed to think, when you say you can talk to kami? That only happens in stories!"

"Simply ask any shugenja. The kami have become increasingly distant of late and we have all suffered for it."

"Oh really?" he asked, curious despite his obvious skepticism. "Why is that happening? Did someone offend the gods somehow?"
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Iuchi Batul on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:14 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:Tomonaga grinned, the smile gradually turning into laughter, as much enjoying the young woman's enjoyment of the shared joke as the joke itself.

Shaking his head, Tomonaga sighed as the laughter wound down. "Well, you know. Travelling together is a great way to get to know people. Even if at least one of the parties doesn't say much." He glanced at Hiroji, amused; the Kaiu hadn't said more than a dozen words the first few days, it felt like. "I'm sure it's much the same with the Unicorn, eh? You've traveled so long together. I'd bet the bonds between you are really strong."

"Traveling together, sharing a yurt together, fighting together... these always unite beoble. I think this is why we also have close relation with our heimin. When you struggle together, you come close. Even if few words are said." She added to help out the Kaiu.
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14
Honor: Expected| Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship: -1

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

"If the wind blows, ride it."
Iuchi Batul

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:18 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:
Bayushi Suteichi wrote:"I appreciate your...assessment of my person. I was in the middle of a conversation...samurai-sama." his inflection on samurai-sama was to remind the Moto of station and etiquette. "With Otaku-sama and Asako-sama. Permit me to properly introduce myself again, this one is Bayushi Suteichi, a courtier of the Scorpion clan. I am not The Scorpion. And while on the subject pretty, the surroundings are indeed such. The company shared here is indeed worth commending and properly enjoyed. Since you are here, might I inquire your name?"

She ate more shrimp and said, “Bayushi, huh? You talk good, too smooth by half. Have to match those pretty words with your pretty face eh? I don’t understand what you said but you look good, you would make a decent Unicorn bride. What say you? Care to ride with me and crush our enemies underfoot?”

“Oh Moto Khulun,” she says and offers her hand in greeting.

Suteichi was extremely disgusted. He eyed the Moto woman's hand for a moment then he watched her devour the shrimp and dumplings like an uncouthed savage. He had seen Crab with better behavior. He was extremely tempted to verbally cut her down. He could hear a voice in the back of his mind egging him on to do it.

No honored ancestor...not now.

He couldn't tell if the tightness in his stomach was from being repulsed the Moto or from being full. The Scorpion Courtier slowly drew his fan and popped it open. His face softened as he turned to the Otaku and the Asako.

"Sama's, I am quite sated with this wonderful spread of food. Otaku-sama, your clan are most gracious hosts. I should try to walk some of this filling meal off. I would if it is all the same with you and Asako-sama, I wish the both of you to join me for gyokuro tea. My sincere apologies that our time has been abrupt." He bowed very deeply to the Otaku and Asako. He turned his attention back to the Moto and gave a respectable but shorter bow then walked away.

Moto Khul...Cool... no matter...your name like your presence means nothing to me.

/exit Suteichi
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:24 pm

Khulun finishes her food and just folds her arms watching him leave before nodding to her cousin and then taking a seat with the Lion. She pours more kumis for them both and says, “Foul company needs good drink to forget their presence.”

“So what do you feed your lion?”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center