Heralds of Darkness (D1, Early Night)

Re: Heralds of Darkness (D1, Early Night)

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:05 am

She frowns and says, “I met a magpie monk earlier, far to smooth by half. Talk plain or not at all, I say.”

“How many tattoo do you have?”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Togashi Udo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:25 pm

Udo nods. "I will certainly attempt to speak plainly, though I do think that monks enjoy trying to be confusing with what they say. It adds an air of mystery since not even we ourselves understand it."

"I have two tattoos currently, the Lion and the Crane. One on each arm, my sensei said, to create some conflict within me. I guess I was too... calm I guess is the word... for the ise zumi. So here I am, to inflame some passion." He looks at the Unicorn. "Maybe it'll be for a Unicorn. Maybe it'll be for competition. Maybe something else. I guess I never found it in the mountains."

He shrugs a bit. "One day I will return and get more, I'm sure, if the passion of the world does not consume me."

"What about you? Tell me of yourself. What passion do you have in this world?"
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:33 pm

“Too calm?” she didn’t understand that at all.

She shrugged it away and says, “Moto are filled with passions we do everything with all our heart or not at all. My father spent a thousand days hunting a white mare for my mother and carried it on his back back to my mother to earn her hand. He had to sit six days in the rain before she even spoke to him!”

“That is the passion in the blood of the Moto!”
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Togashi Udo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:42 pm

Udo's eyes widen some. "That is impressive. It must inspire you to greatness, as I am beginning to hear of the Moto. Though I fear that this miai may end without anything like a thousand days hunting."

Udo thinks for a time. He has never been a passionate individual, but that is part of why he is here. Maybe he should fake it until he makes it?

"The Dragon are much more reclusive than that, but perhaps one such as yourself would find that appealing, given your predilections towards others... That said, I shall attempt to find some way to truly impress the Unicorn while I am here. To show the passion the Dragon have for your safe return, and the friendship of our Clans... and to show my own interest in one who has come for the same purpose as me."

Udo mentally kicks himself for a moment, realizing that he went back into a not-very-plain speaking habit.

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:45 pm

“Well what would you do to woo a woman, Unicorn or not?” she says curiously.
Moto Khulun

Postby Togashi Udo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:53 pm

"I don't suppose a thousand days of quiet meditation would work?" he says with a smile.

"I should say that everyone is different, so what I would do would change. Though I have not put much thought into such a thing. I am largely of the belief that, once action is warranted, one should act without much forethought. Be still in times of stillness, and be the wind in times of change."

Udo lets a small sigh out. "I suppose that is not very straightforward to you, but it is nonetheless the truth. In the quiet of the night, when I meet a beautiful Unicorn who says she does not like people, I think small words might be best. But perhaps tomorrow or the next day, the essence of the day will be different, and I shall do something different then."

He thinks for a moment. "I wonder if your father planned out his thousand day hunt or if he did it on a whim? I can't much imagine that passion is planned." He looks to her.

"If you wanted to woo a man, how would you?"

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:20 pm

“I look him in the eyes and tell him I’ll be in my yurt,” she says confidently.

“The rest should work itself out.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Togashi Udo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:34 pm

Udo is taken aback for a moment, and he lets it briefly show.

"A direct approach." He nods dutifully. "I will always know where I stand with you." He really isn't quite sure how to respond.

"Well..." he shifts uncomfortably. Is this just how Unicorn are? he wonders. He notices that his feet have begun to turn them back toward the yurts... Am I trying to escape or stay together? That was always the trouble with trying to act before thinking.

"Your inner strength is obvious. I'd imagine you are outwardly as strong as you are internally." ...he should probably change the subject.

"So do you have a horse?"

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:50 pm

She laughs and says, "I have had several horses and you?"
Moto Khulun

Postby Togashi Udo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:55 pm

"I haven't had a horse myself. I am hoping to have the opportunity to ride while I'm here. Perhaps we could ride together? I'm sure you'd cut an impressive figure."

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:04 pm

"I don't just ride with anyone, Dragon. We shall see if you earn the right. Have you ridden before?" she asks.
Moto Khulun

Postby Togashi Udo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:24 pm

"I've not ridden before, but I shall do my best to impress you enough that you do me the honor."

They approached the edge of the archery field, and Udo found himself oddly calm for the encounter earlier with the birds.

"And maybe you will earn the right to call me a friend, or more," Udo says with a smile.

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:29 pm

“My… my Togachi-sama, I thought we were fast friends already!” She chuckles and adds, “I look forward to sharing kumis with you.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Togashi Udo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:55 pm

Udo ignores the mispronunciation of his name and continues on.

"Well, I'll admit that I've not had a conversation with an animal with any of my friends, and that is sort of a bonding experience. Perhaps we could also bond over me learning what kumis is? Perhaps even before we share it?"

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:53 pm

"It's a nectar prepared from milk, you didn't try any at dinner?" she asks.
Moto Khulun

PreviousNext

Return to Archery Field