Walk It Off! [Day 1 Late Evening]

Walk It Off! [Day 1 Late Evening]

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:45 pm

Dinner was good to a point. The cheese did not totally agree with the Bayushi courtier. He decided to go on a brief walk to maybe help ease his stomach. The tightness in his stomach was like a rope being tied very slowly. Suteichi walked gingerly, breathing out of his mouth.
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Re: Walk It Off! [Day 1 Late Evening]

Postby Otaku Imane on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:56 pm

Not far away was the sound of hooves clippity-clopping on packed earth. It was an extremely leisurely pace, there was no urgency to it. Gentle laughter could be heard coming from the same direction, which turned out to be coming from the horse's rider, who had probably consumed two more cups of shochu than she really needed over dinner.

Spying the courtier, Otaku Imane stopped her horse and turned it slightly with her knees. "A pleasant evening to you samurai-sama. Did you enjoy the hospitality?" Her voice held the hint of distant lands.
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:04 pm

Suteichi straightened a bit and took on a more stoic demeanor.

"I have indeed, enjoyed the hospitality samurai-sama. I have experienced much this evening." He gave a polite bow as best he could with the tightness in his belly.

"I am Bayushi Suteichi. To whom do I share company with?"
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Otaku Imane on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:15 pm

"Otaku Imane of the Shiotome, and this is Almatar.". She gently patted the impressive war horse and bowed easily from her elevated position.

It was a little deceptive, the perspective. Initially it had seemed the horse must be huge! But that wasn't a no-dachi she was wearing, just a katana. In fact the horse was big but it's rider was smaller than she had initially appeared.

"I am pleased to meet you Bayushi Sutechi-san." She spoke his name slowly to make sure she said it correctly despite its unfamiliarity and her accent.
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Otaku Imane

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:49 pm

Suteichi and a polite and approving nod indicating that she pronounced his name correctly. He was rather marveled by her accent and inclined his head slightly to hear her voice.

"Otaku Imane-sama. Indeed an honor. I spoke to a few Otaku and Ide earlier this evening."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Otaku Imane on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:57 pm

"Oh wonderful, I have some of my closest friends here you know, perhaps you met them? I do hope you enjoyed the festivities though, and the conversing? I found myself a little lost in truth. Where to begin after 700 years apart?"

She smiled sweetly and sat up straighter in the saddle.

"Apparently at the beginning was not what my dinner companions cared to hear, but I eventually located some friendlier ones."
Otaku Imane

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:04 pm

"I have greatly enjoyed the company of your friends. I have met a couple. They were rather intrigued by my discussion of poetry."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Otaku Imane on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:46 am

"Oh good, I am glad.". She looked at him with curiosity. "Poetry? I suppose our people's time apart makes for vast differences in style."

Imane tapped her chin with one long finger. "Will you give me an example, Bayushi Sutechi-san?"
Otaku Imane

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:45 am

The pain in his stomach was not at the point of unbearable just uncomfortable. He was able to maintain something of a sense of poise and carry a conversation. He began to thinking of some poems to regale her with. A few came to mind but he wanted to make sure of what subject matter she would like.

"I can oblige you Otaku-sama. Are you familiar with the haiku style? Is there a particular subject matter that I can grace you with?"
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Otaku Imane on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:00 pm

"Oh, well, not very, but sure." She thought for a few moments between the fuzz of shochu. "Ah, how about the first meetings of a man and a woman from mysterious foreign lands?"

She smiled sweetly and patted her horse, wondering what the Scorpion would come up with.
Otaku Imane

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:28 pm

His smile remained faint and pleasant. He kept his tone soft and pleasant as he uttered words through his discomfort.

"At night, strangers met.
From distant lands far a part
Beginning as friends."

Suteichi cleared his throat. "A little something off the cuff, Otaku-sama." he replied with a bow.

-----------
Poetry/Awareness D1 to Otaku Imane: 23 - 5 = 18
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Otaku Imane on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:58 pm

"Beginning as friends. I like that, very good when put on the spot as it were."

She looked out across the plains for a few moments before looking back at him.

"Do you like music, Bayushi-san?"
Otaku Imane

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:10 pm

"I have my samisen in my Yurt. I take it that you play?' Sing perhaps?" When she asked him it almost got a full on smile on his face.
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:44 am

She laughed a little at the turn of phrase.

"In your yurt you say? Well in my yurt I have my drums, and a stringed instrument from distant lands. I mostly play, rarely sing. I would be pleased to hear your samisen, perhaps we can make the time to play together?"
Otaku Imane

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:09 am

"Of course. I am sure time can be allotted for that." Suteichi's stomach tightened up more slightly. He casually placed his right hand over his stomach and took a stance where he could have some comfort, still maintaining his poise.

"Your steed is magnificent. Have you had your horse for a while?"
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Next

Return to The Streets of Dark Edge Village