Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Re: Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:20 pm

"I'm not that well traveled, really, but we often have Scorpion patrols from the Shinomen stopping by Shiro Usagi. One of them, Soshi Yuuru, is here. He's a lot of fun to spend time with," she chuckled.

"As for my vocation, well... I didn't have my birth family's talent to speak with the kami, and... I can't fight either. My mother was a Phoenix before marriage so she secured me a place with the Asako loremasters. It's not really the most glorious duty, but I do what I can for my clan."

The Usagi nodded her head with pride as she spoke of her clan."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Yuzuki on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:23 pm

"Is it?"

She seemed to not be aware of any such notion of etiquette.

"If you say so. Guess it depends on what you do with it."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:26 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"I'm not that well traveled, really, but we often have Scorpion patrols from the Shinomen stopping by Shiro Usagi. One of them, Soshi Yuuru, is here. He's a lot of fun to spend time with," she chuckled.

"As for my vocation, well... I didn't have my birth family's talent to speak with the kami, and... I can't fight either. My mother was a Phoenix before marriage so she secured me a place with the Asako loremasters. It's not really the most glorious duty, but I do what I can for my clan."

The Usagi nodded her head with pride as she spoke of her clan."

Kogo listens intently. "I do not believe I have met Soshi-sama. I will look forward to meeting him as the miai continues." She pauses. "It sounds like you have found an honorable position the benefits your talents. For does not Akodo say, 'With the spirits of his ancestors standing beside him, a samurai never stands alone.'? You will help keep the spirits of your ancestors alive for your clan, that may be guided by them into further honor. "
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Matsu Yurio on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:38 pm

Ide Samai wrote:"Oh? I am sure our bushi will be happy to have something to hunt during the winter and occupy themselves as you do." Her eyes glanced around the gathering. "You like hunting Matsu-san?"

He nodded slowly.

"Somewhat. It helps improve fieldcraft."
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:48 pm

Yuzuki wrote:"Is it?"

"Well yes... and I don't think I have anything that would quite make the point... and not leave a dent on the floor." Dong-Ha coughed softly.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Seppun Hitako on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:01 pm

Seppun Hideo wrote:Hideo slipped into position next to his kin, giving her a quick bow before speaking quietly behind his fan.

"What do you think of the mans speech, honoured cousin?"

She returned the bow. "It was... adequate. Nothing fancy, but considering his lack of training for the courts, for Rokugan in general, it was a good job. It will be interesting to participate in this meal. See some of what they serve. Will they attempt delicacies of the Court? Go with hardy rice? Something foreign they bring back with them? I can't wait to see."
Seppun Hitako
Imperial • Shugenja • Sahir • Friendly Jinn
Honor: What is expected • Glory: 1 • Status: 1.5 • Courtship: 9
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:13 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:
Kogo listens intently. "I do not believe I have met Soshi-sama. I will look forward to meeting him as the miai continues." She pauses. "It sounds like you have found an honorable position the benefits your talents. For does not Akodo say, 'With the spirits of his ancestors standing beside him, a samurai never stands alone.'? You will help keep the spirits of your ancestors alive for your clan, that may be guided by them into further honor. "

"Thank you," she smiled proudly, as she figured such praise probably meant a lot coming from a Lion.

"But Matsu-sama has the look of a fierce warrior. You attended the dojo of Lady Matsu or somewhere else?"
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Yuzuki on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:15 pm

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:
Yuzuki wrote:"Is it?"

"Well yes... and I don't think I have anything that would quite make the point... and not leave a dent on the floor." Dong-Ha coughed softly.

"Do you know how to command lightning? Mantis shugenja are associated with the thunder."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Iuchi Batul on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:19 pm

Soshi Yuuru wrote:Yuuru nodded and smiled at her wink, "You're a kind soul Batturu-san."

He chuckled slightly, "Sorry... I must've just butchered your name. Bature? Battulu."

He leaned in watched her face closely, "Can you say it again so I can copy how you make that sound."

Batul was not afraid of her personal space being invaded so close, well what for the Scorpion was close, or what was close for the Empire, for her and her Unicorn kin, it was just a normal space to hear someone when so surrounded as they were. The samurai-ko simply cleared her throat and pronounced slowly with her luscious lips. "Ba-tul." And when she finished she smiled and bit her lip a bit. "You wouldn't say I'm a kind soul ven you saw me blaying Fortunes and Winds, Yuuru-san."
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14
Honor: Expected| Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship: -1

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

"If the wind blows, ride it."
Iuchi Batul

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:19 pm

Since it takes ages for the frail Doji maiden to get anywhere close to Butaj, and Butaj isn't even certain it is her intention, the Moto manages to move to the next piece... which is a duel on two topshurs! But since Butaj is the only one playing, he musically duels himself!

(Piece!)

(Butaj can be still approached, I'd love something to do!)
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:23 pm

Yuuru put the tip of his tongue awkwardly to the edge of his two front upper teeth and tried to mimic the 'L' sound she made.

"Batt-uLL." He said practicing. "Batt-uL."

He checked for a nod of acceptance before smiling. "A Fortunes player huh? I'll have to be careful not to lose all my money."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:34 pm

Yuzuki wrote:
"Do you know how to command lightning? Mantis shugenja are associated with the thunder."

"Alas, no. I am more aligned with the earth." He patted the ground with his foot. "Sink into the ground like it was water, and I can cast boulders at my enemies." In a way, Dong-Ha was one man catapult. Had he known what catapult was. "Rest of my talents are more... mystic."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Yuzuki on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:40 pm

"I see."

She opened her mouth to speak again, but caught herself before actually doing so. She'd discovered over time that telling people about her mystical abilities was generally not a good idea.

"Well, that's still useful in a fight."
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:50 pm

Bayushi Hotaru wrote:"Which is quite accurate," she chuckled as she gestured to her Clan mon, which indeed featured a mon of a scorpion atop of a body of river. "Well, perhaps more so when it comes to the bit of folklore told by the great Shinsei, something our founder has taken to heart."

"I suppose the real truth is that the Bayushi are actually a versatile family in many regards. We need to be, when we're know to lead our Clan in both political and martial functions. The spiritual realm is something we have less expertise in, admittedly. I suppose they have someone like me filling in the gaps once in a blue moon," she smiled sheepishly.

"Do you have many friends here, Ide-san?"

A loaded question, if ever she had heard one, "I suppose that depends on your definition of many," or your definition of 'friend', she silently added. "There are many stars in the night sky, and many grains of sand in the Burning Sands. But perhaps the measure of a friend is not in how many one has?" Her tone remained light and cordial.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:51 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:Since it takes ages for the frail Doji maiden to get anywhere close to Butaj, and Butaj isn't even certain it is her intention, the Moto manages to move to the next piece... which is a duel on two topshurs! But since Butaj is the only one playing, he musically duels himself!

(Piece!)

(Butaj can be still approached, I'd love something to do!)

Noticing a familiar song, Kitakuhime stops i the middle of her way out of the gathering. With a happy spin, she turns back and tries to find to source of the tune. Once there, she just stops, and listens. Smile gradually widening on her face.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center