The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evening]

Re: The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evenin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:20 pm

Iuchi Batul wrote:
"I too am glad to be back." She answered, mainly because in the Empire there was so many new things to see and discover. The desert had turned out to be the same after a while, not many new things, nothing more than sand and trade, and more sand. In the Empire at least there were snowy mountains, rushing rivers, plains of green... She sighed while she looked into her cup, again empty. Should pace myself.

She bit another piece of the bean sweet. "What can you tell me of the Crab, Crab-san?" She asked to both samurai. "I have not much knowing of them. We were taught other things in our travel."

Following her gaze, Tomonaga did pour a bit more sake into Batul's empty cup, but only a bit, allowing her the chance to sip slowly and recover.

"Huh." Tomonaga exchanged a quick glance with Hiroji. "Well, I can tell you some, and Kaiu-san can tell you some more. But the short version is that the Crab defend the Wall against the... things to the south." His lips twisted. This was a bit of a sensitive topic.

The Kaiu's brief response made Tomonaga grin. He poured the man a little more sake.

"My family, the Yasuki as a whole, I mean, trades with other clans for the things we need. The Hida are often our warriors. I'll let Kaiu-san speak for himself, and his family. If he wants to." He swirled the sake in his cup, peering into it with an experienced eye. "Your families often tend towards particular duties as well, yeah, Iuchi-san?"
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:22 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo nods and lowers her fan. "It is important that one feels that another has similar capabilities at thoughts. It is like having one who stands shoulder to you in battle. You must be able to understand each other and know each other's thoughts to face anything that could come. That might be easier with someone closer in age to you." Kogo blushes slightly and raises her fan again. "Plus, there are many individuals here. It is early yet to choose." Kogo laughs behind her fan, her eyes twinkling. "You are utterly correct. I will look forward to my surprises and learn more of the Unicorn in each challenge. That seems the most fitting way to learn of another." She sips from her tea.

Chi-Pu observes the fan for a moment, pondering quietly.

"It would be equally nice if each clan here posed challenges for us, but it seems there is not enough time. I am not sure why this event for choosing the person we spend the rest of our life with is so short. It seems like that is hardly enough time."

Raising the tea cup to her lips once more, Chi-Pu takes a large drink of it.

"Can you explain to me Moto-san why so many people use a fan to hide their face? You are a beautiful woman, why place something in the way of your features and not show them off? I for example ensure every morning that my makeup is applied before conducting the days tasks, even if it is combat. But it seems here in the Empire, that would be a waste since most hold these fans.."
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:22 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:...

"I'm familiar with renga; its about as old as time and Doji-kami made sure to share it with Shinjo-kami. We've a travel poetry that can be a lot of fun; but I haven't heard what traditions since renga have been created by all the clans." There's a shrug. "Sure it'll be a good while before I've heard of them all."
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship points: 0
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks
When with Horse: Daikyu, Willowleaf arrows, Blanket

A voice to lighten the weight of those who travel.
Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:25 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:
Iuchi Batul wrote:
"I too am glad to be back." She answered, mainly because in the Empire there was so many new things to see and discover. The desert had turned out to be the same after a while, not many new things, nothing more than sand and trade, and more sand. In the Empire at least there were snowy mountains, rushing rivers, plains of green... She sighed while she looked into her cup, again empty. Should pace myself.

She bit another piece of the bean sweet. "What can you tell me of the Crab, Crab-san?" She asked to both samurai. "I have not much knowing of them. We were taught other things in our travel."

Following her gaze, Tomonaga did pour a bit more sake into Batul's empty cup, but only a bit, allowing her the chance to sip slowly and recover.

"Huh." Tomonaga exchanged a quick glance with Hiroji. "Well, I can tell you some, and Kaiu-san can tell you some more. But the short version is that the Crab defend the Wall against the... things to the south." His lips twisted. This was a bit of a sensitive topic.

The Kaiu's brief response made Tomonaga grin. He poured the man a little more sake.

"My family, the Yasuki as a whole, I mean, trades with other clans for the things we need. The Hida are often our warriors. I'll let Kaiu-san speak for himself, and his family. If he wants to." He swirled the sake in his cup, peering into it with an experienced eye. "Your families often tend towards particular duties as well, yeah, Iuchi-san?"

Hiroji ventures a small sip of the sake to go with his rice, his stomach still feeling quite uncertain. His face softens after Tomonaga mentions his family. "My family is responsible for said wall. We designed it, we built it, we keep it standing, and build it's defenses. We are the backbone of the crab, where as the Hida are the pincers and the Yasuki are the mouth."
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

Status: 1.0 - Honor: What is Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Courtship Points: 2

"..."

Carries with him: Sturdy Clothing, Walking Stick, Chopsticks, Small Mirror
Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:27 pm

"There's haiku, shorter than the renga. Only five, seven, and five. But I've not heard of this travel poetry you speak of. Is it like renga, or different?"

Clearly the rabbit had a very healthy curiosity, only further empowered by the drinks and festive mood.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:30 pm

Usagi Tsukimi wrote:...

"There's no need to look away Tuskimi-san. I enjoy your company a great deal and look forward to getting to know you better. Be that you past, your hopes for the future, or even just the depths of beauty I can see in your eyes," he says. Forward Unicorn is forward.

"Perhaps you'd be interested in joining me in a ride through the western fields tomorrow? I'd love the chance to get to know you in a quieter and more picturesque setting."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:37 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"There's no need to look away Tuskimi-san. I enjoy your company a great deal and look forward to getting to know you better. Be that you past, your hopes for the future, or even just the depths of beauty I can see in your eyes," he says. Forward Unicorn is forward.

"Perhaps you'd be interested in joining me in a ride through the western fields tomorrow? I'd love the chance to get to know you in a quieter and more picturesque setting."

She turned a bright shade of crimson blooms in her cheeks.

"Oh, Shinjo-san. If my stomach agrees with me after some sleep, I would love to ride with you."
Bushi | Wary | Dancer | Tailor
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Equipment: Ashigaru armor, smoking pipe, sake cup
Accompanied by: Nagareboshi-san, a young sheep (D9)
Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:42 pm

"Very well," he says. "I'll visit the Hare section of the tents tomorrow to check on you and see how you're feeling and if you're up to it. If not we can delay it to a different day so you can get some rest. At the very least you'll get the chance to meet Meushi."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Iuchi Batul on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:43 pm

Kaiu Hiroji wrote:Hiroji pauses eating his rice for a moment, and looks thoughtful. Finally he answers. "It is a harsh land, full of harsh people. "

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:Following her gaze, Tomonaga did pour a bit more sake into Batul's empty cup, but only a bit, allowing her the chance to sip slowly and recover.

She nodded, from one to the other, she took in all that she heard. She could sense that Tomonaga had pronounced the duty of the Crab in a lower tone, aware that nobody else would hear, so probably it was a harsh topic to talk about.

Kaiu Hiroji wrote:Hiroji ventures a small sip of the sake to go with his rice, his stomach still feeling quite uncertain. His face softens after Tomonaga mentions his family. "My family is responsible for said wall. We designed it, we built it, we keep it standing, and build it's defenses. We are the backbone of the crab, where as the Hida are the pincers and the Yasuki are the mouth."

"I understand..."

The Crab seemed to be the most hard living people of the Empire from the sense she got from both samurai. Could it be a safe place for someone such as I?

"The families of the Unicorn are not easy to exblain." She started to think how to define her families. "Mother was an Ide, her family do with trade and is voice of clan with others, and even among our families. She has taught me bart of the craft. Father and I are Iuchi, we are religious and magic of the clan. Shinjo are our leaders, this easy to exblain, they are good commanders and generals. Otaku are brave warriors of clan, they are mighty women soldiers, and their bower is in their sbeed. Moto are also fighters, but their bower is in their strength."
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14
Honor: Expected| Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship: -1

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

"If the wind blows, ride it."
Iuchi Batul

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:44 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"Very well," he says. "I'll visit the Hare section of the tents tomorrow to check on you and see how you're feeling and if you're up to it. If not we can delay it to a different day so you can get some rest. At the very least you'll get the chance to meet Meushi."

"Meushi, Shinjo-san?" she sought clarification.
Bushi | Wary | Dancer | Tailor
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Equipment: Ashigaru armor, smoking pipe, sake cup
Accompanied by: Nagareboshi-san, a young sheep (D9)
Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:46 pm

Moshi Asakiko wrote:"I hope so, Seppun sama. It would be quite difficult yet fortunes may bless me to be tolerant to the gaijin spices it so brings." She smiled. "I think I might avoid certain foods." She chuckled. "Pardon my indiscretion, Seppun sama, are you looking for a prospect wife?"

"One does not need to enjoy all the varieties of life Moshi-san" Hideo chuckled "and the Unicorn will have rice."

Her question caused him to raise a brow.

"This is indeed why I have attended this miai Moshi-san. We have been presented with the chance to learn from our returning kin and be a part of the rebuilding. I would assume that is also why Moshi-san is here. Trading the valley for fields of horses?" He chuckled
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:48 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo nods and lowers her fan. "It is important that one feels that another has similar capabilities at thoughts. It is like having one who stands shoulder to you in battle. You must be able to understand each other and know each other's thoughts to face anything that could come. That might be easier with someone closer in age to you." Kogo blushes slightly and raises her fan again. "Plus, there are many individuals here. It is early yet to choose." Kogo laughs behind her fan, her eyes twinkling. "You are utterly correct. I will look forward to my surprises and learn more of the Unicorn in each challenge. That seems the most fitting way to learn of another." She sips from her tea.

Chi-Pu observes the fan for a moment, pondering quietly.

"It would be equally nice if each clan here posed challenges for us, but it seems there is not enough time. I am not sure why this event for choosing the person we spend the rest of our life with is so short. It seems like that is hardly enough time."

Raising the tea cup to her lips once more, Chi-Pu takes a large drink of it.

"Can you explain to me Moto-san why so many people use a fan to hide their face? You are a beautiful woman, why place something in the way of your features and not show them off? I for example ensure every morning that my makeup is applied before conducting the days tasks, even if it is combat. But it seems here in the Empire, that would be a waste since most hold these fans.."

Kogo replies, "That would be nice but time consuming. I agree though, it is a weighty decision to make with so little time."

Kogo ponders this question for a moment. "I will admit, I can understand why that would be confusing. When one laughs, one is supposed to cover one's mouth, as it is seen to be unseemly to have someone see the inside of one's mouth. Also, laughter is sometimes considered...not a feminine thing to do. So when one smiles broadly or laughs, one covers one's mouth with a fan. With some individuals, sometimes the only way to tell what one is thinking is by looking at their eyes. Some of the Scorpion clan, when they are wearing their masks, are particuarly hard to read and one must learn ways of watching for subtle cues. I admit it is puzzling and there are some within my clan who do not follow these edicts or laugh at them. Matsu was not a particuarly traditionally feminine woman." Kogo smiles broadly behind her fan. "But others value these gestures and so, knowing that I am in company with others of many different ideas, I aim for a more traditional view. Does that make sense, Otaku-san?"
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:56 pm

Usagi Tsukimi wrote:...

"Meushi is my most trusted companion. She's the mare I've been with for 4 years. One of the great lights of my life," he explains. "After the feast I'll head off to the stables to sneak her a snack." He plucks an apple from the table. "She loves these more than me. And I love these. I'd offer to take you to see her, but I think it might be better for you to drink water and rest rather than push yourself with a long walk in the stables. I want you to feel better soonest."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:56 pm

Iuchi Batul wrote:
"I understand..."

The Crab seemed to be the most hard living people of the Empire from the sense she got from both samurai. Could it be a safe place for someone such as I?

"The families of the Unicorn are not easy to exblain." She started to think how to define her families. "Mother was an Ide, her family do with trade and is voice of clan with others, and even among our families. She has taught me bart of the craft. Father and I are Iuchi, we are religious and magic of the clan. Shinjo are our leaders, this easy to exblain, they are good commanders and generals. Otaku are brave warriors of clan, they are mighty women soldiers, and their bower is in their sbeed. Moto are also fighters, but their bower is in their strength."

Hiroji nods silently. And then adds. "Your clan sounds like a mighty one indeed."
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

Status: 1.0 - Honor: What is Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Courtship Points: 2

"..."

Carries with him: Sturdy Clothing, Walking Stick, Chopsticks, Small Mirror
Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:56 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo replies, "That would be nice but time consuming. I agree though, it is a weighty decision to make with so little time."

Kogo ponders this question for a moment. "I will admit, I can understand why that would be confusing. When one laughs, one is supposed to cover one's mouth, as it is seen to be unseemly to have someone see the inside of one's mouth. Also, laughter is sometimes considered...not a feminine thing to do. So when one smiles broadly or laughs, one covers one's mouth with a fan. With some individuals, sometimes the only way to tell what one is thinking is by looking at their eyes. Some of the Scorpion clan, when they are wearing their masks, are particuarly hard to read and one must learn ways of watching for subtle cues. I admit it is puzzling and there are some within my clan who do not follow these edicts or laugh at them. Matsu was not a particuarly traditionally feminine woman." Kogo smiles broadly behind her fan. "But others value these gestures and so, knowing that I am in company with others of many different ideas, I aim for a more traditional view. Does that make sense, Otaku-san?"

Chi-Pu listens intently to the explanation.

"I see. I admit it makes little sense to me, but in time I am sure it will. My first reaction is why would one care about such things, but that might come off as insulting. It looks like I will need to get a fan them. Luckily, I have an entire trunk full of items I was told that could be helpful here in the Empire, so perhaps I already have one in there. Otherwise I'll need to ask around to see if anyone has an extra or can make them."

She looks at the Lion's fan again.

"Where did you get yours, Matsu-san?"
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center